Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Today is the Day (2)

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 20, 2009 on FOX

• Good stuff, showing promise for the season (and possibly the show)'s final run.

While the 'cliffhanger' at the end of 'Today Is The Day' was perhaps the most depressingly rubbish since Doctor Who's 'Dragonfire' (Jesse sits in her apartment and THINKS! Yeah! That'll bring viewers back next week!), the second part of this 'mini-movie' holds up against its predecessor and maintains the satisfying levels of tension and suspense that Miller and Stentz managed to deliver last week. Granted, once again, it's mostly in the 2027 scenes, but given that these make up a significant proportion of the episode, that'll do me. I'm not entirely sure that I buy John's awareness of Riley's deception; it smacks far too greatly of a retcon, given that we have had absolutely no hint of any suspicion in the previous instalments, but given that it leads to Dekker's best scene in the show's two years, I'll let it slide. Brian Austen Green is pretty damn good too as he gives his treacherous love interest the 'bon voyage' she truly deserves. Good stuff, showing promise for the season (and possibly the show)'s final run.