Terra Nova Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Do you Think Terra Nova will Get a Second Season??

Do you Think Terra Nova will Get a Second Season??

hell693

[1]Oct 26, 2011
    • level: 11

Lets see what you guys think.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hell693

[2]Oct 26, 2011
    For me I don't think so because the show isn't doing as expected in the ratings and it has a high budget so i think if the shows ratings dont improve it will get canceled.

ionee24

[3]Oct 28, 2011
    • level: 32
    I'd say it's a 50/50 shot but I'm inclined for the "Yes" option.

Sportsfan_03

[4]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 1
    Only if they finish strong! I want them to just because I'm running out of shows to watch.

piet8724

[5]Nov 2, 2011
    • level: 10

Affligeant(in french google it), the show is very bad (like my english ? It begin very good but the second episode was crap!

Fox produce that ! no wonder!!

smithinjapan

[6]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 6
    I voted yes, because garbage oft does seem to get a second chance when a lot of good shows go the way off -- sorry -- the dinosaur. The V remake got a second series, replacing an actually decent show, and it was a disaster. Plus, as I've said, they're easily forgetting the show is absolute trash because of the money in it and the fact that Spielberg is producing. The writing for this show is about as horrible as you can get, but I have a feeling they'll give it a second season. THEN it will fail for a third.

kanniballl

[7]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 18

smithinjapan wrote:
    The V remake got a second series, replacing an actually decent show, and it was a disaster.

Are you talking about Flash Forward?

If so then I agree, Flash Forward was a solid show. V was... alright. It had promise and the Second Season ended on a climax... but it was missing a bit.

Actually, I like "V" more than "Terra Nova"

kepa55

[8]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 8

I voted yes, but if it happens, I think it might be even shorter than the first one, maybe six or so episodes. And unless something radically changes, that'll be it for this series.

Tristan66

[9]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 5
    The basic plot itself is compelling, the first two episodes were outstanding but it was downhill from episode 3. This show needs a boost. If not there wont be any season 2.

dopeyken

[10]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 2

I've gone for a no, but that's based on the opinions of friends and family, as well as myself, who have all now stopped watching this very poor show, which had much promise, but has turned into a run of the mill second rate soap opera.

Zulu3legs

[11]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 3
    C'mon, Tank this already.

This show sucks hard.

Bad acting, worst storyline. NEXT...

sam24

[12]Nov 27, 2011

Well, if flash forward is what you are talking about it went off the air because no one was watching it and because it was trash and i do think it will get another season if no other reason because it is steven speilberg. I wasn't a real fan of v i did see the original one on rerun and liked it but i think the problem with the show is it got to strange. The storylines never held up the show itself made no sense unlike the original v there was no real storyline that brought veiwers in it just seemed all over the place. I think they were trying to make it so different then the original that they forgot what the storyline of v was. I thought when i first heard they were doing a remake it had potential but i think the writing was so bad the show had nowhere to go and no characters that we could route for

Hanscarsten

[13]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 8

I think, it will not get renewed for a second season. Someone already had it right: It is expensive and the ratings are not satisfactory.

My personal thoughts about the show: The premise is awsome. But that's about it.

The family in the dinosaurs age? Too much teen stuff going on. But, that might be because of the target audience group. Latest episode showed some promise. I hope there will be more interaction between the future and the past.

The actors are alright, I guess. The main-male character reminds me of that guy in Eureka. His wife is quite young (how many years are there between her oldest daughter and herself?) The boy is anoying to no end. The youngest daughter is pretty cute.

All in all: They have to improve writing. The original premise is not enought to fill season after season.

sduvoisin

[14]Nov 28, 2011

It probably won't. There hasn't been a steady production of great/good episodes. There will be a good one (I really liked the pilot and thought that could be called great) but then they have a junko episode. A season 1 show can't do this. If you've got loyal fans they'll forgive a bad one here or there (nobody's perfect) BUT right out the gate you have to be strong and keep the people happy. Terra Nova hasn't been able to do that. It's a shame because there really isn't anything like it on TV and it could've been great. Jurassic Park meets Dr. Who meets Lost. They have yet to really pull that off.

antdude

[15]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 27
    I wonder when FOX will tell us the series' future. After the season finale?

dimgrave

[16]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 1
    since its Fox, then its 99% its gonna be canceled
    but then again, since they cancel some good shows in past just like that and left stories unfinished, maybe they will actualy renew this one for some unknown reason...

i personally like this show, its not perfect, but its entertaining, i dont get bored watching it, so i would like a new season.

but maybe they should change the writers to give it a different style, cuz atm the show is little messy.

Kalmatizer

[17]Nov 30, 2011

Show is trying to attract too wide range of audience. Its really weak as scifi show, perhaps it should focus less on scifi and tech and just go for the teen romance thing. If there will be a second season, its definetly going to refocus or focus storyline somehow. I vote "i don't care", did not likethe series on any level, except the guy running the camp has some charisma as an actor.

arniarent

[18]Nov 30, 2011
    Terra Nova is trying to appeal to too wide spectrum of audience.
    Is it a family soap opera? Is it a scifi show? Is it action? Is it teenage drama? Is it trying to appeal to Lost fans? It tries to be it all, yet doesn't manage to be good at any of it.

Scifi buffs are not interested because there's too much teenage drama.
    Teenagers are not interested because there's too much scifi.
    Etc.

I don't find this show exciting. I've seen better quality from lower budget ones, even the CG is worse than from the 20 yearold movie Jurassic Park. I'm sure by now they have 3D software wizards to generate pretty cool dinosaurs, I guess their CG artists must have skipped class that day. Never before has a travel 80 million years back into time been made so dull.

Why do I watch it then? There's nothing else on that's remotely connected to sci-fi, and the show is good enough to watch, but not good enough to enjoy.

I liked the pilot, it was much darker, and much more scifi. After that there's only been green terrain, blue sky, and all smiles. I need to puke.

gdg07172004

[19]Dec 1, 2011

it deserves a 2nd season its excellant

gdg07172004

[20]Dec 1, 2011

don't agree the show is awesome,love terra nova.