Terra Nova Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Is there any way to bring the show back?

AddictedToBones

[1]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 5

I truly enjoyed Terra Nova. It was something that everyone in my house could agree upon watching and we could all really get into.

It's come down the pipeline that Fox will not be airing a second season and that Netflix is not picking up the show either.

Is there anything that we as fans can do to show our support for the show and maybe get it picked up again? I would really like to see a second season.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AddictedToBones

[2]Apr 10, 2012

An additional note, I did hear about a 'save Terra Nova facebook', petition and a petition to make a Terra Nova Movie. If you google 'save terra nova' these results will pop up.

Edited on 04/10/2012 11:59am

KonstantinK

[3]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 2

unlikely anything will happen because...let's face it. We're talking about FOX here...they aren't the kind of studio that creates shows because some people like watching them. They create them to earn the big bucks. And as Terra Nova is clearly not doing that for them they got rid of it

Just like with SyFy and Stargate Universe: great show but not enough viewers so they canceled it with some fucking cliff hanger -.- So yea...I joined that facebook page but I don't think it's gonna do anything. Like it didn't save Kyle XY. Like it didn't do anything for Stargate Universe so far.

And it won't matter for Terra Nova Too bad. Josh was so hot -__-

AddictedToBones

[4]Apr 30, 2012

KonstantinK wrote:

unlikely anything will happen because...let's face it. We're talking about FOX here...they aren't the kind of studio that creates shows because some people like watching them. They create them to earn the big bucks. And as Terra Nova is clearly not doing that for them they got rid of it

Just like with SyFy and Stargate Universe: great show but not enough viewers so they canceled it with some fucking cliff hanger -.- So yea...I joined that facebook page but I don't think it's gonna do anything. Like it didn't save Kyle XY. Like it didn't do anything for Stargate Universe so far.

And it won't matter for Terra Nova Too bad. Josh was so hot -__-

Today is Terra Nova Blast Day.

The fans are taking to twitter and facebook and trying to get the word out there that we want to see more Terra Nova. Blog about Terra Nova. Tweet @FoxBroadcasting and use the #saveterranova or #terranovamovie hash tags. This is the event page http://www.facebook.com/events/217360411699122/ We need to band together and let fox know that more 'reality' programming is not what we need.

The show leveled out at somewhere around 7 million viewers per episode. Thats not bad for a 13 episode long show. And the show didn't cost them that much more to make than any other short series.

Oh and I am hooked on the Mark/ Maddy dynamic. it is so adorable. :-)

Edited on 04/30/2012 8:31am

MelvynNarraid

[5]May 21, 2012
    • level: 1

I can't believe all the prog i watch are being axed!

Threshold, Stargate Universe, now Terra Nova... Whats next?

I watch bones, fringe and others too.

zzbeach

[6]Sep 18, 2012
    • level: 12

The best way to get even a sliver of hope is to go out and buy the first season on dvd. I'll be doing that today.

crzycespy1

[7]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 1
    Once Fox cancels a sci-fi show it is done, at least on Fox. They are bloody terrible with Science Fiction shows, rarely giving them any chance of long term success. I am still bitter about Firefly. Of course were Firefly to continue then the movie Serenity may never have been made, which would have been a huge loss to a genre that is sorely lacking in exceptional current films.

I still hope a network that gives science fiction a shot picks it up, as it is still being shopped around; well I suppose every cancelled show still has a dollar number attached to in's name and concept. Look at their history after X-Files:

Firefly: 13 Episodes

The Lone Gunman (IMHO a great X-Files Spin off) :13 Episodes

The Tick: 8 Episodes (OK, I get it, but the show was bloody hilarious, just completely wrong network and timeslot. It would never have been a ratings hog but like another show cancelled by Fox, "Arrested Development", it would have done well enough on another network to merit a couple seasons at least)

Dark Angel: 43 Episodes over two Seasons and 18 or so months. Jessica Alba, Michael Weatherly (NCIS), Jensen Eckles (Smallville, Supernatural) and numerous other very popular actors on quite popular shows and movies; Great cancellation genius' at Fox

John Doe: 21 Episodes of another great show Fox cancelled for essentially nothing, as people did watch it even though the scheduling was all over the place.

Sarah Connors Chronicles: 31 Episodes; I did not enjoy the show that much, but lots of people did, and it's ratings were unbelievable, so it gets even more confising as to why Fox axes Sci-Fi shows.

Out of all the above mentioned shows, all of which I believe deserved at least two and a half seasons to build a strong following, besides Firefly, John Doe and Terra Nova bugged me the most. No reason cancellations, good followings and ratings, and they both made money even with the idiotic schedule interruptions.

If I were pitching a show to Networks unless it was Reality, I would put Fox at the bottom of my list. They could double the best offer from Sci-Fi, FX, WB or pretty much any other network, and I would accept another offer for the simple fact that double the money for 7-25 episodes is paltry compared to what 3+ seasons would get you on another network.

I rarely give Fox shows a chance at all anymore, just because I assume they will not be around long. Their track record proves it. Except for Sliders. They had the great judgement to run that for 50+ episodes then sell the rights to it. Wow, the idiocy astounds me.

Fox for me ='s sports, and that's about it. I think I will watch a couple episodes of The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., another Sci-Fi/Western type show Fox squished after 21 or so episodes.

Lukas1977

[8]Apr 7, 2013

AGREED!

And I am SO with you on the Mark and Maddy romance!

Such romances specially in sci fi shows are next to non existant I mean yeah there is SOME romantic SUBPLOT in other shows but this romance between Mark And Maddy is not in the background but in the foreground wich in my book is sensational to say the least !

Finally a show that is not only about shooting and blasting everything in sight!

Lukas1977

[9]Apr 7, 2013

crzycespy1 wrote:
    Once Fox cancels a sci-fi show it is done, at least on Fox. They are bloody terrible with Science Fiction shows, rarely giving them any chance of long term success. I am still bitter about Firefly. Of course were Firefly to continue then the movie Serenity may never have been made, which would have been a huge loss to a genre that is sorely lacking in exceptional current films. I still hope a network that gives science fiction a shot picks it up, as it is still being shopped around; well I suppose every cancelled show still has a dollar number attached to in's name and concept. Look at their history after X-Files: Firefly: 13 Episodes The Lone Gunman (IMHO a great X-Files Spin off) :13 Episodes The Tick: 8 Episodes (OK, I get it, but the show was bloody hilarious, just completely wrong network and timeslot. It would never have been a ratings hog but like another show cancelled by Fox, "Arrested Development", it would have done well enough on another network to merit a couple seasons at least) Dark Angel: 43 Episodes over two Seasons and 18 or so months. Jessica Alba, Michael Weatherly (NCIS), Jensen Eckles (Smallville, Supernatural) and numerous other very popular actors on quite popular shows and movies; Great cancellation genius' at Fox John Doe: 21 Episodes of another great show Fox cancelled for essentially nothing, as people did watch it even though the scheduling was all over the place. Sarah Connors Chronicles: 31 Episodes; I did not enjoy the show that much, but lots of people did, and it's ratings were unbelievable, so it gets even more confising as to why Fox axes Sci-Fi shows. Out of all the above mentioned shows, all of which I believe deserved at least two and a half seasons to build a strong following, besides Firefly, John Doe and Terra Nova bugged me the most. No reason cancellations, good followings and ratings, and they both made money even with the idiotic schedule interruptions. If I were pitching a show to Networks unless it was Reality, I would put Fox at the bottom of my list. They could double the best offer from Sci-Fi, FX, WB or pretty much any other network, and I would accept another offer for the simple fact that double the money for 7-25 episodes is paltry compared to what 3+ seasons would get you on another network. I rarely give Fox shows a chance at all anymore, just because I assume they will not be around long. Their track record proves it. Except for Sliders. They had the great judgement to run that for 50+ episodes then sell the rights to it. Wow, the idiocy astounds me. Fox for me ='s sports, and that's about it. I think I will watch a couple episodes of The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., another Sci-Fi/Western type show Fox squished after 21 or so episodes.

You have a great point there or perhaps many points! I can not but completely agree to each and every one when I think off it!

Terra Nova is on Netflix at the moment so if ya do not have it then get it watch and rate I have been showing to my friends and just about all off them said that they loved it (wich is unusual for this bunch)!

The haters off the show seems to be organized then I say let's organize ourselves even more!

Yaspaa

[10]Oct 18, 2013
    • level: 79
    How come when it was airing everybody hated it, 1/10 reviews left right and center? Now, the rating has gone from 7.2-8.1 and it's all 10/10 reviews. The new fans are a little late.

StewartParrin

[11]Jun 28, 2014
    • level: 3

was going to watch this, but whats the point if it has been cancelled