Terra Nova Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread for Genesis Part 1 & 2 ****Spoilers*****

OzgurKaplan

[41]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 6

Is it me or the pilot is quite similar to Outcasts? They go back in time instead of a new planet.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GuyHagstrom

[42]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 2

Maybe they are not in the past but in the far future, thats why the probe didnt work. The human race long extinct, the symbols in the rocks left by thelong gone humans (probably from the leaders of the sixers).

skippercollecto

[43]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 15

I understand the pilot was redone a number of times, and I am wondering if it originally had been much longer.

I am asking about the beginning of the show. Jim's imprisonment and his escape seemed like it should have had more explanation. The pilgrimage plans also could have had more explanation. And of course, just what was wrong with Earth?

honorablechoice

[44]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 3
    thribs wrote:

I have a feeling that the sixes are from the future of the alternate timeline where something he has done has damaged the alternate future and they have gone back in time to stop him, by possibly destroying Terra Nova.

That is an interesting thought..

In addition to what I said in my previous comment.. I just want to add that I like how the series premier was 2hrs.. It is a shame most shows have lost that.. I remember a lot of shows use to have longer pilots.. Example.. Stargate.

I just hope they keep with that thinking and have 20 or more episodes in a season.. Cause 10-12 episodes is NOT A SEASON!! .. Pisses me off when they keep it so low.. Yeah the show may be high budget.. But common.. If you expect people to wait 8 months or more between seasons then give us enough to hold the time.. Especially on a GREAT show like this! Show love for your fans, you know?

And don't even get me started on commercials.. 2 hr premier cut to 1hr 24 minutes.. Average 40 41 42 minutes an episode.. *rage* .. 15+ episodes minimum first season 2nd season 20+ same with 3rd etc.. is all I'm saying.. That is a show! Stargate always had 24 25 eps a season.. Keep luv for ur fans

honorablechoice

[45]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 3
    My only scare on this is that the show is on FOX..

FOX is known to be a shit station for shows in regards to them always canceling GREAT STUFF on cliff hangers/without a complete ending.. like the 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' For example..

I don't get how they can be in business half the time.. Canceling off great stuff while keeping crap.. A few other stations are doing that now.. No regard to the fans.. Oh! We didn't get enough views this time around, cancel it off.. No no.. Don't worry about the fans.. Who cares about if we give it an ending..

Do they realize A LOT of people watch their episodes online or download the episodes? That way they don't have to deal with all the damned commercials taking up 20 minutes of an hour.. Also for the purpose of watching it on their own time.. I mean.. People do work and have stuff to do, and can't always make the time slot, so the dl or watch online when they can.. IF YOU GETTING 2 or 3 million views odds are the numbers is 40% larger just from all the watchers online/downloading.

I mean terra nova part 1 and 2 were downloaded like 20,000 times in the first hr just on this 1 tracker site.. In regards to myself though.. I watch it on TV because with a GREAT SHOW like this I want to support it.. But if I miss an episode cause I can't make the time slot.. Then obviously I'm not going to wait till it airs again or until I can buy the box set.. I'm gunna find is online to watch or dl the episode I missed.. Great shows are like crack! You can't miss a fix

fifilein

[46]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 4

the reality is a joke, it makes me so bored when its obviously impossible just to make it more "exciting"

srsly, they are shooting with something like a minigun from the jeep on a dino. hell, you can destroy light armored vehicles with such a thing, does anyone really think a dino just stands a chance? press the button, send your 50s and 5 dinos just drops on the spot.

or the kids shooting with two obvious projectile weapons close range vs a dino. a bullet of an assault rifle goes through an elephant without even thinking about it. its not even remotely possible that it has no effect on dinos. and you cant even miss on that close range emptying your mag.

it skin and bones, not armored alien robots

TOCM19

[47]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 14
    How come no one has mentioned the fact that the Slashers showed up on the infra-red thing? Aren't dinosaurs cold blooded?

Adeleyna

[48]Sep 29, 2011
    TOCM19 wrote:
    How come no one has mentioned the fact that the Slashers showed up on the infra-red thing? Aren't dinosaurs cold blooded?

Dinosaurs are closer to birds than reptiles and I'm pretty sure birds aren't cold blooded.

TOCM19

[49]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 14
    so dinos were't cold blooded?

Papilloni

[50]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 5

GuyHagstrom wrote:

Maybe they are not in the past but in the far future, thats why the probe didnt work. The human race long extinct, the symbols in the rocks left by thelong gone humans (probably from the leaders of the sixers).

The moon moves away from earth, so if the moon is closer to earth than in the future you know you are in the past. Even if the moon moved closer by accident, you can still just look at the positions of the stars to determin the timeframe you are in.

From what I understood, the symbols on the rocks were left by the leader's missing son. No ancient race, aliens or any other mystery.

I'm pretty sure they are in the same timeline as the future and the ball went missing because of something we don't know yet. It's possible that all the symbols and math on the rocks will tell that the timeline must be the same. That's also the only reason why I keep watching the next episodes. If they also get rid of the lame excuse for stupid writing, called "teenagers" (if you write stupid scripts, just explain it with teenagers acting stupid because they are teenagers) there may still be some hope left for the show. (I was so hoping for the dinos to kill all the kids)

zampognaro

[51]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 9
    TOCM19 wrote:
    so dinos were't cold blooded?

Apparently scientists are still debating about it .. I guess the show settles the argument :-)

http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/dinosaurcontroversies/i/warmblooded.htm

_duckfeet

[52]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 1

I really expected it to suck. And, all the overcute teenage ham acting got old quick, but it has possibilities...once they were caught in the tank, and the dinosaurs got to kick a little ass I liked it better. As others have said, the show has potential, if they tighten it up, and quit trying to be an online adolescent love fest, it might improve.

bkkcitiboi

[55]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 7
    I am sorry but I thought the dinosaurs looked less realistic than even the first Jurassic Park! Perhaps it has to do with budget limitations. The plot was a little thin and acting was pretty stilted.

I will not be holding my breath for a Season 2 unless the plot improves dramatically.

AndreasSoures

[56]Sep 30, 2011

Why this is happening 85 million years b.c and not let's say 1 million years or 2? Only for the dinosaurs?

Willy105

[57]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 11
    AndreasSoures wrote:

Why this is happening 85 million years b.c and not let's say 1 million years or 2? Only for the dinosaurs?

In-universe, they probably can't choose.

haldrey

[58]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 22
    The first part a bit rushed, the second one I liked a lot. It is a mix of everything but still I think that it has all the makings of a good show.

dif_frent

[59]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 11
    Mixed feelings here.
    The kids - extremely stupid. Especially the moronic son. But generally all of them, including the youngest. Feeding the dinosaur? Come on.
    I have a bad feeling that we are going to watch more of this. Such stupidity is offputting to me.
    Taylor taking Jim on a trip? Highly unlikely.
    A loving wife, risking her safety to save her husband, but not sleeping with him after two years of being apart? What is it, a show for 10-year-olds?
    All that terrible, but...
    We've got beautiful settings (the mountains, the jungle, the waterfalls). We've got sixers, we've got Taylor's son who is not so missing as we had thought he was. The views and the mysteries are definitely the points that draw me back to the show. I do not agree with those who say the mysteries are put forward to soon. Had it not been for the last scene, the show would have appeared to be another Jurasic Park for teenagers. It still may be a Jurasic Park for youngsters, and then I'll have no option but to switch to another channel.

vellarod

[60]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 9
    fifilein wrote:

the reality is a joke, it makes me so bored when its obviously impossible just to make it more "exciting"

srsly, they are shooting with something like a minigun from the jeep on a dino. hell, you can destroy light armored vehicles with such a thing, does anyone really think a dino just stands a chance? press the button, send your 50s and 5 dinos just drops on the spot.

or the kids shooting with two obvious projectile weapons close range vs a dino. a bullet of an assault rifle goes through an elephant without even thinking about it. its not even remotely possible that it has no effect on dinos. and you cant even miss on that close range emptying your mag.

it skin and bones, not armored alien robots

yes I find that also a bit disturbing.. but is it possible that they can't kill dinos since if they will they can change the future?