Terra Nova Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread for Genesis Part 1 & 2 ****Spoilers*****

jack756

[61]Sep 30, 2011
    • level: 14

while when i first watched it it was okay but as the story went on it got kind of boring.

i mean when the daughter tired to explain why they can travel through time .i didnt even understand it ,it was so confusing it made my head hurts and i thoguht fringe was a mind-bender but terra nova takes that (i mean in a bad way)

i wasnt that excited bout what the disnoar look like

and that josh character has me made say im not comng back.i mean the dad fought the police to protect his daughter and all josh can say is he shouldnt have fought the police.and when they were getting ready to leave josh seem okay with his dad but soon as they get in terra nova he acts like a brat and tries to show out in front of his friend.if i talk to my parents like that i would get slap so fast and iwish my son would talk to me like that.kids,and teens should never disrespect the ppl that raised them.what a douche bag that josh guy is.he should be happy he as a father b/c most ppl dont have that.i hate josh.

so i didnt like the daughter explaing the travel thing,i didnt like the disnora effect,and that character josh did it for me.

even tho it was 3 things i hate about the show.i will say it aint a bad show, i can see alot of potential but i can tell this isnt my type of show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

palle007

[62]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 5

The music... I felt I were back when Jack first meets the Asgard.

kanniballl

[63]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 18

raziela12 wrote:

The main-character's development in the terra nova is just so farfetched. There is no reason for the boss guy to say to the felon guy "oh welcome, you shouldn't be here, but since you are now, why don't you just come with me and I tell you all the cool secrets and make you my new soldierguy", what a stupid and lame way to tie the maincharacters into the plot...

Actually, lots of reasons.

His choices are
    (A) Forgive and forget
    (B) Imprisonment (waste of resource, low morale for new Doctor, one more thing to worry about)
    (C) Exile (VERY low morale for new Doctor).

The farming thing was probably a test: was he willing to actually work or did he sneak back to have a comfy life? The leader saw he was willing to work and even grateful for it.

Meanwhile, the guy is a cop and we find out that they're in need of a cop... even though the future probably just kept sending them scientist + doctors + farmers + soldiers. Now he has someone with actual investigative skills and good in a fight.

And lastly the leader now "owns" him... the guy owes the leader his life and a lot of gratitude for being so forgiving. So now the leader can manipulate to his heart's content.

So now he has a cop under his authority, the guy is loyal, he's not wasting resources, and he keeps his new doctor happy (and from joining the Sixers).

Meanwhile, his new cop friend broke a rule that means NOTHING to them over here and was willing to fight for his family... a trait he probably values.

erinahbing

[64]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 6

palle007 wrote:

The music... I felt I were back when Jack first meets the Asgard.

Laughing
    palle007, you are quite right! Smile

Just_Jos

[65]Oct 8, 2011
    • level: 11

LOVED the pilot, the cold open was one the BEST I have ever seen in my life.