Terra Nova Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread for "Now You See Me" *****Spoilers*****

phf3947

[1]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 71
    Please discuss "Now You See Me" here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wwworldclique

[2]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 4
    The show has gotten repetitive. Every week there's a DNA test that fails in some way. Every week someone's relative or loved one is being held captive to get him or her to do the Sixers' bidding. Skye is now the fourth person to literally have someone being used against them in some way, or dangled as an incentive to do something for the Sixers. Lame.

EJamison

[3]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 17

The repetitive thing that gets to me is how they keep going out into the jungle and being surprised that there are predators out there.

Also, why would Skye have to use a broken mirror to signal? And even if that's all she had, couldn't she have put something on the edges to protect her hand. Like maybe some tape? Oh, wait, that's too advanced. But they do have magic healing spray.

I also have a little nit to pick that I could have mentioned a while ago, but I wonder why they don't have a normal-sized gate for people to enter/exit the colony, so they don't have to open the massive gate unless a vehicle has to go through.

srooks

[5]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 1
    EJamison wrote:

I also have a little nit to pick that I could have mentioned a while ago, but I wonder why they don't have a normal-sized gate for people to enter/exit the colony, so they don't have to open the massive gate unless a vehicle has to go through.

They don't need a gate because of how easy it is to just slip through the fence sideways. But seriously, good point.

srooks

[6]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 1
    wwworldclique wrote:
    The show has gotten repetitive. Every week there's a DNA test that fails in some way. Every week someone's relative or loved one is being held captive to get him or her to do the Sixers' bidding. Skye is now the fourth person to literally have someone being used against them in some way, or dangled as an incentive to do something for the Sixers. Lame.

I agree.

It's a lame method of eliminating personal responsibility from the character's action. It's the whole 'It's not my fault, I was coerced' mentality that is rife in Terra Nova. No one ever seems to be responsible for their own actions.

mermayd

[7]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 19
    srooks wrote:
    EJamison wrote:

They don't need a gate because of how easy it is to just slip through the fence sideways. But seriously, good point.

What I want to know is how they lugged all the stuff that they must have used to build Terra Nova with through the jungle - remember the first episode where they are pretty much hiking through dense jungle from the portal entry point. why haven't they just built a road, and how on earth did they carry heavy machinery from that point?

Also, why are they getting kids to dig ditches? Don't they have tractors which could do it?

My favourite WTF belongs to the second half of the opening double episode where the teens are in a broken down rover with no power, in the middle of the jungle where noone can find them despite the fact that they are on a road (how many roads are there exactly) yet the entire area is flood lit when it becomes dark. Where are the lights coming from? There's no power in the rover. Are there street lights?

I spend waaaaay too much time saying "oh FFS" with this show.

Since when is Elizabeth NOT a chemist. she is supposed to have PhDs in a stack of 'ologies AND to synethsize the pheramones (can't spell it) from those flying dinosaur things which would seem to be a job for a chemist to me. Come to think of it, how did Elizabeth manage to train as a surgeon, while simultaneously completing 2 PhDs (which should take 3-4 years each) all before the age of what looks about 35. AND she managed to be home to cook dinner for the kids every night since Jim clearly has no idea how to make food.

That was a missed opportunity for what could have been a really lovely and interesting moment: Elizabeth asks Jim if he can manage the kids that night, Jim asks who on earth she thinks used to cook dinner while she was at the hospital every night for the last 17 years? then we go to the Shannon home to see the kids excited that Dad is cooking because that is familiar to them, and how it used to be before Jim went to prison.

pft.

kepa55

[8]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 8

Another mediocre episode, couldn't really bother to watch it properly after the first ten minutes. The security in Terra Nova is about as big a joke as it was in CTU in 24.

How did Taylor and Mira survive that jump down the waterfall? If they can survive a jump like that, I'd expect them to take out a couple of slashers with bare hands.

And I'm glad to see the CGI getting better... oh right, it didn't. Just look at that Ankylosaurus in the end and tell me that it didn't suck.

ltcomstella

[9]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 18

well my thoughts on the mile where wrong till about 5 seconds before the reveal, her clothes gave her away

and her reaction to taylors comments about her parents, then we find out her mother is alive and the reason she is a mole wtf ?

arrrrggh sci fi cliche time !

skye had to resort to basic mirror reflecting light as it's not traceable/ easy to see/ easy to hide evidence off ??! yet she got caught pretty quickly??

i agree with the tech issues people have mentioned, i think the 'chip builder' really took the biscuit,

what got me initially was the vehicles sound effects, they are all electric yet they make the sound of an petrol motor (i know it's probably deliberate)

my theory on the probe not being found, the sixers/anti terra nova group prob's found it first and nicked it for the purpose of getting back/communications with 2149