TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Terra Nova Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread for "Vs." *****Spoilers*****

phf3947

[1]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 71
    Please discuss "Vs." here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 17

OK, so we learned some stuff. But it doesn't make any sense.

Why would Philbrick have chosen someone to lead Terra Nova if he didn't think he'd accept his order to stand down? Why would Philbrick come through alone without backup? Why aren't the Sixers better supplied by their backers?

I could go on and on. If you want to find the source of a subsonic signal, you can use technology, not an injured dragonfly. And arresting Jim, just to tell him the story, makes no sense.

snnutty

[3]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 2

I really like this show! There you go. I said it. For those of you that are expecting Jurassic Park every week forget it. This is a TV show not a movie. I just hope that Fox or however it is that makes this show gives it a chance to build momentum. They have a tendancy to cancel really good shows really quickly just because they are not getting the big ratings week after week yet ignore the shows that remain consistent. I just hope they allow it a 2nd season so they can build on the whole conspiracy stuff and move the characters on. There are flaws in the writing sure but to be honest what shows don't! I think if people wanted to they could find holes in anything. You can't please all the people all the time. This show is becoming very popular in the UK so I hope the production company takes that into account too (sadly they rarely do).

kanniballl

[4]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 18

EJamison wrote:

OK, so we learned some stuff. But it doesn't make any sense.

Why would Philbrick have chosen someone to lead Terra Nova if he didn't think he'd accept his order to stand down? Why would Philbrick come through alone without backup? Why aren't the Sixers better supplied by their backers?

I could go on and on. If you want to find the source of a subsonic signal, you can use technology, not an injured dragonfly. And arresting Jim, just to tell him the story, makes no sense.

Assuming we can 100% trust everything we've been told, I see some scenarios that could potentially answer your questions... all-be-it madeup scenarios.

It's possible at one point Taylor WAS the kind of soldier that would stand down and do as he was told. But perhaps his time in the past changed him and made him appreciate life and nature. After all he was living on his own for a while before backup came.

As to the Sixers, one possibility is sending stuff back is a big deal (power requirements, noise, lights, etc). It looks like they're trying to keep the whole "let's destroy a prehistoric earth and strip-mine the sucker" thing on the down-low. So making another unofficial portal to send back some tanks and stuff would probably ruin their overall plans.

As for the whole "sound tracking" thing, I was thinking the same thing. Instead of using some cheap microphones and triangulation... they apparently thought it was easier to surgically repair the gossamer wings of a prehistoric dragonfly and hope it decides to do as-trained.

wwworldclique

[5]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 4
    snnutty wrote:

For those of you that are expecting Jurassic Park every week forget it.

No one's expecting it to be Jurassic Park. They're just expecting it to be well written and consistent. So far the show has failed on all counts.

haldrey

[6]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 22
    It is no Jurassic Park and no should expect it to be. Still it is getting more and more interesting with every episode.

dif_frent

[7]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 10
    Good questions, EJamison. I was going to ask similar ones, but saw your post. Another thing is, why Jim Shannon believed the story so easily. Even though this episod was hardly logical, it was better than a few previous ones. At least something happened in this episode, in my opinion. I prefer illogical to simply boring.

mattgus

[8]Nov 25, 2011
    • level: 14
    wwworldclique wrote:
    snnutty wrote:

For those of you that are expecting Jurassic Park every week forget it.

No one's expecting it to be Jurassic Park. They're just expecting it to be well written and consistent. So far the show has failed on all counts.
    i agree///... if it were j park it would get boring quick...for it to survive on tv it needs to be a good drama with some adventure extras...one of my biggest complaints is that our hero(o'mara) has to stop fooling around with the sociopath dictator sadist...the son knows already that something is wrong. o'mara has to know that something is wrong if the dictator is so afraid of the sixers. he has something to hide..we know it, they should at least suspect it. o'mara and the rest came from a dictatorship they should be more on the alert! and i, like the rest of us keep making excuses for the shows writing. i really think we want this to be good so bad....when i think of the shows like justified,american horror,both fx, along with good wife,burn notice,leverage,some of these are cable shows;i wonder why i keep watching...i'm staying hopeful. i think to be fair i really don't like taylor,at any level. even if he was a good guy. he was alone and sees this as his world. dangerous... o'mara's technique is stupid..he should not be letting taylor know what he is thinking. taylor would rather be there alone than relinquish any control. one person is never right,no such thing as 100%. look at the decisions he made with his son,if we believe anything he says???..and why are they eating apples?

Just_Jos

[9]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 11

GREAT episode, Glad we learn more about Taylor.