Terra Nova Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Official discussion thread - Occupation / Resistance ***Spoilers***

phf3947

[1]Dec 18, 2011
    • level: 71
    Please discuss "Occupation" and "Resistance" here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

beatle11

[2]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 4
    I will be very pissed if they don't renew the show.

amaryllis88

[3]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 20
    These two episodes were amazing!! I really hope they renew this series, because it totally deserves it. These last two were about as powerful as the first couple of episodes leading into the show. Now, I've been watching since the beginning, but I thought we would know the men that hired the Phoenix group to go to Terra Nova to begin with, but I didn't recognize them. I'm guessing they're part of the group? My theory about the Badlands, I'm thinking another civilization has a portal open that opens up in that area, maybe that's why Mira was sent over there to recover the piece of the ship, as proof?

I love the reaction though, once they opened the container and that gigantic dinosaur came bustin' through! And finally, the hypochondriac man got his karma, as well as those other gentlemen. And I know I'm jumping about in thought, but I would never have guessed that Broylin would be sending a positive message to Taylor over the transponder. Oh, and the hug from (Zoey?), that was so adorable, that moment brought tears to my eyes!

I also knew that Lucas was kidding when he suddenly had tears in his eyes, his constant disappearing act though, what a way to change the subject, ya know? I'm glad Skye came through for everyone in the end though, I figured that's what was going on. I'm sad for Mira though, it almost seems as though she'll never see her kid again, but I'm hoping they'll find a loophole back somehow. Oh, and the way Wash went out, how brave of her, but I loved that she told him he had Taylor's eyes, that was also a sweet moment, even though it ended with a bullet. What an awesome finale!

antdude

[4]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 27
    The last two episodes were much better than usual. Why couldn't they make these types of serious episodes? Sheesh. Will get know the answer to that "statue"?
    Edited on 12/19/2011 11:07pm

Quakebum

[5]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 2

I'm thinking there's another worm hole coming from the 18th century, so there'spossiblyother humans from a different era that's going to show up sooner or later.

Trekforever

[7]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 6
    I honestly liked the finale episodes , or at least they are far better than the other previous episodes. Now why couldn't they make more of these episodes ...

thribs

[8]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 8

Brilliant episodes! My best part was the reveal of the young or pre-evolved Tyrannosaurus. That felt very Spielberg!

My thought about the badlands is that it has something to do with the Bermuda Triangle; explaining finally where Flight 19 disappeared to!

yutg25

[9]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 5

I loved the final episodes. I think the reason people are hatin on this show is that it started good and ended good but a lot of the middle episodes failed to meet expectations from the many of the fans. I still love the show. It finished strong and I hope they get a season 2.

I was hoping that Josh's girlfriend and a few more civs from the 11th could have survived. Give Josh new (well kinda cliche) storyline. I admit I knew Taylor's bottleneck wouldn't work. I keep watching the first episode and I thought no smart commander would go through that way. Every pilgrimage that went through couldn't keep standing up so an invading army comming through there was suicide. The comandos were amazing. Taylor led his men as expected. The bow caught me by surprised I was thinking it was some sort of alien; but, as a bow I thought of the bermuda triangle. The end of the episode made me conclude that they are not on earth rather they are on another planet. More mysteries to tease us to hope for an explanation.

Zoey's hug was great and the Taylor family reunion was amazing though I was expecting Skye's mom to die at some point trying to protect her.

The only thing I wanted to see but didn't was more gun battles like the Phoenix group marching into Terra Nova. Taylor Stampeding Razors, carnos and other Dinosaurs up the Phoenix groups ass at the terminus before Taylor led an ambush against them.

Bicketybam

[10]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 5
    thribs wrote:
    My thought about the badlands is that it has something to do with the Bermuda Triangle;

Yeah it was the first thing that I thought of too. A place where there could exist another portal from the future, although maybe they are forgetting that this isn't suppose to be "their" earth so two portals from the same dimension seem highly unlikely.

pheenix1111

[11]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 1

The finale was incredible. Jim Shannon has balls the size of watermelons for getting in that container with the big surprise inside. That was awesome, I never saw it coming. Some episodes were so so but if they can keep them at this level it deserves renewal.

antdude

[13]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 27
    Trekforever wrote:
    I honestly liked the finale episodes , or at least they are far better than the other previous episodes. Now why couldn't they make more of these episodes ...
    Agreed. If they had more of these episodes, then the series would be popular. It might be too late.
    Edited on 12/20/2011 2:29pm

arniarent

[14]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 2
    I've been a huge critic of this series, for the most commonly pointed out reasons, and said it's not worth renewing.

But the double season finale blew me away. THAT'S a show worth watching! Even though the story and plot seems simple and straight forward, it has enough mystique (Badlands) to be interesting and surprising, and the finale was surprising enough and not at all predictable. And the most surprising part about the finale, I could forgive them about the cliche teenage kid drama. Actually, I have to admit... when the little girl hugged and told Taylor to let her know if he needed more hug.... well, I'd be lying if ... oh well... guys don't like to admit to that :')

I haven't liked the fill-in shows, but the pilot was fine and finale was amazing. I know the producers usually emphasize the most on those important episodes, but if all the episodes were of that quality it would be a great show worthy of good 7 seasons.

So... yes, I'll be interested in seeing Terra Nova season 2 if it's anything like the finale.

kepa55

[15]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 8

After wasting an hour and 30 minutes with this, one word comes to my mind: clich├ęd. The bad guys were acting like they were the bad guys. The plot was straight from The Lost World: Jurassic Park. What else... Jim and Elizabeth making love. Maddy and that guy kissing before the fight. Lucas the bad guy wanting to be with Skye. Wash dying a "heroic" death. The bad guys not keeping their promise to Mira ("just do this, and then you can go back... no, just one more thing").

And the ridiculousness of Jim running away from the dino with the whole place exploding... Jeez. And Taylor & co returning to Terra Nova looked more like a season wrap-party than actual celebration.

And oh yes, the dialogue. I can't remember the last time I've heard something worse. Didn't anyone read these lines out loud before the actors were forced to speak them? I swear a five-year-old could come up with better stuff.

After such a slow season (in terms of the main story arc), it felt weird to get such a mythos episode, where major things kept happening. Overall the first (and only?) season of Terra Nova turned out to be very mildly entertaining, mostly just irritating piece of TV. There was just quite a lot of unused potential here. Basically the story could've taken place on a desert island or on another planet, with the bad guys finally figuring out how to communicate back with mainland/Earth. Why have dinosaurs if you're not going to use them that much?

If there is a second season, the Badlands thing sounds somewhat interesting, but it's quite clear the writers themselves haven't thought what that actually is like.

phf3947

[16]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 71
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    These two episodes were amazing!! I really hope they renew this series, because it totally deserves it.

Now aren't you glad that I recommended Terra Nova to you back in June? And the news is growing more and more positive about the second season. See the article that I posted in this thread.

EJamison

[17]Dec 20, 2011
    • level: 17

I'm not sure what the personality of a carnosaur is supposed to be. It seems like after eating a couple or more guys it wouldn't have felt the need to go after Jim immediately.

I couldn't tell at the end if we were seeing something on the moon or some other clue, or if there wasn't really anything to that.

Just_Jos

[18]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 11

Really enjoyed the finale. Crossing my fingers for a 2nd season.

segarion

[19]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 4

I had the best laugh at the end when Shannon is running down that bridge with the building blowing up. But that's not all buddy, there's a fucking dinosaur on your ass also! I couldn't stop laughing at probably the best action shot I've seen ever!

ltcomstella

[20]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 18

If you think shannon running away with a dino on his but with those effects are good you should watch other sci fi shows like stargate, cos these effects are mostly lame rip offs of hollywood cough cough

i enjoyed the ep but i have a few problems with the plot development, Firstly KARA (josh shannons on/off gf stuck in the future) oh gawd why ? kill her off ? it'sbs that a 'cop' with 'body armour' can survive nearer the blast than a young girl with a huge back pack further away is deadmeat ? only for the cliche angsty teenboy to get with the next girl who is theunofficial step daughter of the commanderetc...

anyone else think the 'man in charge from the future' could of been any worse an actor ? even with a pantomime inspired bad streak ? hate them types...

and lucas goes off the deepend but some how survives two almost point blank shots ?

poor washington taking the hero way out seemed forced and wrong..

and now we hear about the badlands ? and how did they get a carny in the 'puddle jummper box'wow that hurt

Belief only goes so far

cowboy2831

[21]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 16

I thought the finale episodes were pretty outstanding. But, was I the only one that felt uncomfortable watching Maddy and her boyfriend making out? Again, isn't she like 16 and how old is he?

Anyway, hoping for a 2nd season.