Terra Nova Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Sixers vs Terra Nova

Who are you really backing?

yutg25

[1]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 5

Who are you rooting for?

I'm just on the episode 9. Taylor speech made me think Taylor is building a new world a fresh start but thats not gonna save a lot of people since Terra nova doesn't have the infrastructure to support more than a few thousands.

While Taylor tells the sixers and their bosses are planning to squeeze the life out of Terra Nova while it will make them rich it would buy the old world a decades or a century.

So what do you think? Any moral stance on the matter.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ltcomstella

[2]Dec 10, 2011
    • level: 18

terra nova obviously...

why pick the bad guys ?! who steal, kill, destroy and basically wreak havok on good peeps ?

kanniballl

[3]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 18

Well, infrastructure isn't a problem. If they were completely cut-off they'd be alright. Between the survival experts, their tech, and currently using their tech to find natural medicines / remedies they'd be OK even if their tech started to fail. Really, the medicine stuff they're doing now is very smart... better to learn about the medicinal properties of plant / animal X than rely on vials of whatever.

The big problem for longevity (if they got cut-off) would be genetic stagnation. You need more than X diverse genetic members in a population for a civilization to grow. Too few and you run into in-breeding which screws things up in humans something fierce so you need to reach that magic number. Unfortunately I don't know what that number is, nor do I know how many people are in Terra Nova.

Really, I'm routing for Terra Nova but it's not that clear-cut. If the Sixers win, then millions (billions?) of humans in the future have a chance to extend their lives a few years / decades at the cost of an entire world that one day would blossom intelligent life.

On the other hand, you have humanity able to start anew and hopefully learn from their mistakes and not ruin the planet. A risky (and perhaps overly optimistic) venture at the risk of millions/billions of dying people. Meanwhile chances are by staying you will impact (or prevent) the development of intelligent life.

So, a tough call all around but I chose Terra Nova since they're more about being benign while the Sixers are about taking over by force and strip-mining eden.

Edited on 12/12/2011 7:35am
    Edited 2 total times.