Terra Nova Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Special Effects/Graphics

drummer4916

[1]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 6

Now I do like the story and premise of the show but does anyone else feel like the special effects are really bad and look like a video game? The dinosaurs look so fake and computerized, i would say the original jurassic park had better special effects. Nothing really looks authentic... they should go with either real set pieces or go with the less is more approach. Any thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 28
    drummer4916 wrote:

Now I do like the story and premise of the show but does anyone else feel like the special effects are really bad and look like a video game? The dinosaurs look so fake and computerized, i would say the original jurassic park had better special effects. Nothing really looks authentic... they should go with either real set pieces or go with the less is more approach. Any thoughts?

YES! Bad. I thought they would be improved with the delayed season premiere, but I am disappointed. I was expecting the first Jurassic Park movie's CG quality that has been out 1993! FOX should had used that technology!

knucklepunt

[3]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 4

I definitely agree with the "less is more" approach and that's exactly what I thought when I watched the series premier. But my bigger gripe is with the futuristic (prehistoric futuristic?) armor, vehicles, weaps, etc. I guess wardrobe in general. Why do they always wreck these potentially good shows with ridiculous plasticky looking uniforms with too much going on? Ditto for the vehicles. Makes me feel a little embarassed for the actors that have to wear them and still deliver their lines with a straight face. But.... I'm still gonna watch ;-)