Terra Nova Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

The Show is GREAT!!!

d0brin

[1]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 7

I have to say this... this show rocks. I know that some may not like it cuz they say that they have seen it all i mean the jungle (Lost), thedinosaurs(Jurassic Park), the survival theme (Lost & Jurassic Park), the advanced technology (Avatar for example) but... i have to say that the combination of those is brilliant and i am really into the show. I can't wait to see whats gonna happen next and i am more eager to see how thestory linewill develop in the next episodes and what can possible happen in this New Earth, so it can be intriguing for theaudiences

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ionee24

[2]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 32
    I've got to be honest: I LIKED it. It doesn't take itself too seriously, it still has room for improvement and it doesn't have a heavy mytharc but it's easy to follow and surprisingly entertaing.

hell693

[3]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 11
    i think the show is good not great atleast not till now i have to watch the rest of the episodes and if it improves it would be amazing not only great i think it has alot of potential and i do mean alot and its budget is huge so they should make it better fast cuz if they dont FOX will cancel it like they do to most scifi shows.

mermayd

[4]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 19
    I also think "great" is a word which this show is not deserving of. I would say ok at best. it has tremendous potential, they just need to get their acts together.

KRYPTONIANKiNG

[5]Oct 28, 2011
    • level: 2
    WHAT THE DICKENS? Great ? You have got to be outer yo mind, these first few eps have been mediorce tripe and what makes it worse is these are the eps to draw viewers in.Instead im sure viewers have been repelled by the clearly reused story ideas.

kanniballl

[6]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 18

I wouldn't go so far a great. I think it's good... perhaps very good. I'd call it great if I used words like Excellent and Superior to also describe shows.

It has (or perhaps had) promise. The basic premise gives them a lot of freedom, it's potentially quite interesting, and allows for the whole "mysterious" angle. They can go with the moral shades of grey one episode, an action-packed adventure the next, and follow it up with some mysterious story arcs. I'd go so far to say that it's an Excellent premise / concept.

I'm also a fan of one of the leading actors: Jim's Jason O'Mara. I loved his work on the US adaptation of Life on Mars.

That all being said, I feel like the kind of missed the ball on their delivery.

The Pilot had promise, but the next couple of episodes were fairly filler. I'd be OK with them being slower if there was more character development in there to prep us with their identities/personalities/etc for the rest of the season... but not a lot happened there. Just the reinforced bond between Jim and Elisabeth Shannon, that the son is falling for someone new, and that the head scientist is/was trying to get with Elisabeth.

I'm OK with them re-using storylines because let's face it... with the many decades of TV (and centuries of novels) it's really hard to think up something that hasn't already been done many times. So I'll give them a pass on the Birds and Amnesia Virus thing. And it's not like these were just used "last year."

I'm still giving it a shot, it's possible they'll ramp things up in the last half of the season. And there aren't that many science fiction shows on at the moment. And my Monday 8PM time slot is fairly open now anyway.

If they can step up their game, the show CAN be great / excellent / superior. But right now, it's just good.