Terra Nova

Nightfall

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 07, 2011 on FOX

• Nightfall

"Uh, I've been alone out here for so long, I've forgotten my manners. Thank you, thank you for finally getting your act together and doing what you were sent here to do."

Answer me honestly: how many of you wished that this meteorite was the "it" or not "such" be at least sufficient size to be reduced to Newfoundland to ashes? Was it a rest, would not you?

However, in spite of the meteorite is not giving me the happy ending I wanted for this series, brought at least one thing: the best episode since the pilot. What is not saying much, for the sake of truth, but ready, we give you this ...

The fall of a meteorite in the vicinity of Newfoundland and the shock wave released by the event are the starting point for several storylines. The problem is that, as happens time and time again in this series, we present the stories are inconsequential and of no great appeal. The Maddy (Naomi Scott) and her boyfriend are "stuck" in the middle of a forest full of dangers? Go up a tree during an entire episode. A friend of Skye (Allison Miller), our almost unknown but it is like a brother to her, went to eat something he should not? They spend most of the episode rolling a parasite that the boy is in the intestines. Jim and Zoe end trapped (more ...) in a virtual room somewhere? Let's find a way to give some attention to the little girl creating an outdoor access where only someone of his size can move (and worse, put the parent to do the soundtrack of all time). Due to an electromagnetic pulse technology throughout Newfoundland (including weapons and vehicles) is disabled? But does anyone doubt that there would be any person in the whole colony that easily solve the issue!?

If "Terra Nova" was a show that wanted to be taken seriously, had a good opportunity here to take the leap. Along the path of technological equipment and explore the need for a people entirely dependent on this technology have to survive simply because of its ability to "desenrascano" could be a course in history that would enable him to more depth. But "Terra Nova" is not this series. It's a television product that does not want to take risks and just let yourself be comfortable that gunk that is to want to please everyone (kids, grownups and everything else).

Still, "Nightfall" deserves some recognition. This episode had some value, although not more than value "flavored popcorn" (the good style of "Popcorn", in which content is of little interest, what matters is entertaining). The banality of the stories above were not harmful to the episode in order to have it become boring and the Sixers plan to retrieve the mysterious box was able to provide some moments of good humor, they have been created voluntarily or involuntarily (this series to work and comedy, taking into account the laughing providing ...). And in the end, even had the right to a turnaround and everything: the recipient of the box, after all, is nothing less than the missing son of Commander Taylor (Stephen Lang)!