Terra Nova

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 14, 2011 on FOX

7.9
  • A good story

spoilers-

Finally Terra Nova has entered the era of decent episodes. I think they had different writers working on this one. First of all Maddie's storyline wasn't boring or juvenile, it was interesting. Furthermore Josh wasn't getting on my nerves, he acted quite realistic. The overall story was good and had a nice built-up. That dinosaur tracking the exiled soldier was also a nice touch.

The character development was better. We get some more insight on Terra Nova (I wish they would add more. We need to see the difficulties of living in a new era. I can not believe everybody is happy-go-lucky all the time. They must have some troubles adapting to this new environment. I think this is one of the reasons Terra Nova is lacking credibility. The viewer knows something is not right. A show that deals with this perfectly is Lost season one. Or Battlestar Galactica, etc.)

I also think they should focus more on the aspect of getting this opportunity to go to Terra Nova. It is worth killing for, people have won the lottery - as in a ticket to Terra Nova -. When the viewer has more knowledge about the circumstances in the future (we have just scratched the surface in the pilot), everything becomes more believable. Also the everyday aspect (the money,the food, the clothes - how does it all work?). Would add more depth to it.

Life at the camp of the sixers should be more enhanced. It is a good idea to have an episode in their perspective, or even half and half episode in camp sixers/camp Terra Nova. It adds more to Mira if we know more about her. The characters need to be deepened out.

The different timeline issue mentioned in the pilot is also very interesting. I need more of those things and some decent script writing (like this episode was), if that is the future for this show I can look past the awfull special effects (I laughed out loud when that giant fish jumped out. I can draw a better fish with a pencil than that one...just saying.)