Terra Nova

FOX (ended 2011)

layle1

Terra Nova Fan Reviews page 4 of 7

• MORE!!!!!!!!

Really,,, a show that the family can get behind and enjoy together,,,great show,,,bring it back or spin it off don't care just give us more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • Great show

To bad that some people do not appreciate good entertainment. Why they cancelled this show is beyond me. But I must say that it was a great series and wish it would come back.
  • Looking for an answer please

This was one of my favorite shows to watch with my son (which our tastes are far apart from each others) What I would like to know is.....Is this show coming back this year? Thanks to those who know the answer, Sheryl
  • Any Sci fi series takes a while to build an audiance

Good premise. Good show. All around good material. What happened? Bring this show back NOW!!!
  • i love terra nova

i love the show. it keeps me at the edge of my seat i want to see season 2 and more to come. the story has to continue.
  • Bring the show back

I loved this show. It was one of the few shows my husband and I both enjoyed. We usually dont agree on anything on TV. It had a great cast. I would love to see the show come back.
  • Great show

I heard friends and family like Terra Nova when it was out, so i watched the first season on netflix. It was awesome!! watched the whole thing in one day and at the end was wanting more. Disappointing the cancelled the show, not many great shows out there. Personal note for whoever chose the cast "Great Job".
  • Great Show really was outstanding

It was a great show, special effects and acting was top shelf. But do not think fox will bring it back not enough money in it for "I" (fox). Think we will have to look to another network. But hey you can buy the series 1 on DVD now for the ultimate never to continue cliff hanger.
  • GREAT SHOW BRING IT BACK

TERRA NOVA IS A GREAT SHOW ...PLEASE CONTINUE IT
  • Bring it back

This show was brilliant and kept you guessing unlike this other crap you see on tv. I rate this show right up there with The Walking Dead and Criminal Minds. Your crazy for taking it off the air after one season.
  • Luvin me some Terra Nova

I can't believe they are putting out a DVD of the one and only season ! How can they do that to me, of course I want it, but why should I buy it when they are just going to leave me wanting more !!! It was just so good!!! haha guess they got me, I gotta buy it...sucker
  • bring it back

My son an I love the show . Terra Nova was a show that all of the family enjoyed. Fox !!! Please bring Terra Nova back.
  • We wondered what happened

My 10 yr old son and I just did a online search after yet another discussion about What Happened to Terra Nova?! We live in Australia and were avid watchers and very disappointed when it seemed to just disappear without any explanation. Please bring it back! When you look at all the crap thats on TV these days, this was a great show, well cast and produced and made you question 'what if'...and had great twists and turns - all the family enjoyed! Can't wait to see what next so someone please take it on and start filming again!
  • Fox Morons! Terra Nova is a winner!

There is so much mindless garbage on television that when a truly worthy series comes out studio execs can't see it. This is the case with Terra Nova. The story was just getting good! I think the entire first season was about character development and would have garnered a faithful and growing viewership for the exciting plots to come had Fox not been so short sighted. It was not only about building a new world in Terra Nova, but building a new audience for a new concept in television. Movie class sets and CGI with all the bells and whistles in a weekly package! Somebody PLEASE pick up this show!
  • Terra Nova is Awesome!!!

I am from the Netherlands and i really am wondering if the American Networks are ALL Morons??? They just cancel one GREAT show after another. What the heck is wrong with you???? TERRA NOVA IS AN AMAZING SHOW ..... PLEASE CONTINUE!!!!!!
  • Another Science fiction classic from Steven Spielberg!!!!!!!

Though its questionable that such a time travel to the past is possible, the series demonstrated a logical theory that could be considered as possible. Not only that the series illustrates how human race got a second chance to start over. I would love to watch what happens if the sixer's succeed in their plan, and how the ship from 18'th century ended up in the past... Could humanity survive in this hostile environment or will we plunder the past???
  • Terranova is the most wachable tv series in Asia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we need terranova 2 & also 3rd seasons...please...we cant stay until its release
  • Love this show!

I'm getting really tired of getting into shows just to have them cancel them after one season! Especially when they are as good as Terra Nova!! I hope one of the other channels picks it up! Cable networks!!!! America is tired of reality shows and crime shows!! Bring back TN and give our brains some imagination!!!
  • why would you cancel Terra Nova??????

only someone with a dick up their ass would cancel a show as good as Terra Nova!!! Fox you have lost yourself another viewer. i will be blocking your channel from being watched by anyone in my house.
  • Season 2

one of the best tv series i ever have seen. Whats about the season 2 of Terra Nova?
  • Terra Nova

Future catastrophic. The Earth's days are numbered and the future of humanity passes by abandoning the sick planet in search of a fresh start. Be another planet or the Earth 85 million years ago - no one ever imagined that paradise quickly reveals its true nature and inhospitable cruelty - any avid science fiction fan recognizes the premise of "Terra Nova" features a lot of other fiction written within the genus.

There is nothing new, it is not disputed this fact and the first [about] hour and a half of the series. The human being is on the brink of defeat by any condition (as always). The human being is an alternative and sees a new beginning where you can avoid all the mistakes he made in the past and led to the catastrophe (of course, but as always only during the first five minutes of your new life, these moments quickly corrupted by greed and avarice that both it is natural). The human being is a survivor by nature, just need something that will test your physical and mental capacity (either an infection that turns people into walking corpses, a voracious alien invasion that we want to eat or sodomize, original inhabitants of the new planet that there were not very pleased to have been invaded or just dinosaurs that count as the dominant force on the planet ... moves the antagonist but the disc always turns the same side). There are many series, there are many movies, the books are many, many more are the other existing platforms to tell a story where you can easily recognize the premise of "Terra Nova". That I think no one doubts. Now, even before the repetition of ideas and concepts, "Terra Nova" is not the worst series of the kind that appeared coming from the U.S. television recently. It is not. But we already there.

The story: We have had it. The Earth is dying. Blah, blah, blah. Let's return to the past by a time slot that we discovered. Blah, blah, blah. To avoid paradoxes we say that this is an alternative timeline and will not influence the present. Blah, blah, blah. There is a group of renegades who want to take over Newfoundland. Blah, blah, blah. Flee, there are hungry dinosaurs. Blah, blah, blah.

Mythology: In addition to hungry dinosaurs and human renegades who want to take possession of Newfoundland, the series also introduces some elements of mystery, surely develop in future episodes. Since then, the enigmatic cave drawings, which supposedly have been placed there long ago (I bet that by the end of it all, yet we find that the author is Baltar or Six) and will be key to unlocking something great . Then, and apparently relates to the drawings, we have to compose the scene the disappearance of the son of Captain Nathaniel Taylor (Stephen Lang). From all that I had this driver, which really captivated me was clearly the mystery surrounding these symbols marked in stone. Not the renegades. No dinosaurs. Much less the family drama. And yes this mystery.

CGI: The CGI is an integral part of this series. It was he who (reportedly) the debut of the series was postponed twice and that he would (presumably) make a difference, to revolutionize the use of special effects made for television. But he did not. Apart from the dinosaurs, which could even be worse than they were, truth be told, the funds, the landscapes (especially the city in the first half of the episode where they are as bad as in most other series of U.S. television ) are noticeable in such a way that ultimately distracting, something that, of course, is terrible for those who want to go with the story. For this time of preparation, production planning and hoping for something better.

The family drama: In addition to the mystery and adventure, "Terra Nova" promises even some drama. We have parents. We have children. We have parents and children, so expect some attempts to draw a tear here and there. The problem is that I do not see enough strength to get these characters engage in dramatic ways. Although not so shallow or flat like those of other series that have ventured into the genre, are not deep or multidimensional enough to get the series to give the much needed emotion. At least for now. We will see in the coming episodes they can not grow or will mere empty containers.

The scene: That must be the girl of five years lighter than ever, to be loaded on the back with a tremendous ease! And that's okay for the father not so much because it is a relatively strong man, but his mother, who is so frail, he took the bag as if it had almost nothing in there ...

The best: Being the beginning and therefore a first step, leaving only know in which direction it will be given.

Worst: Having potential but for now, seem like just another "FlashForward" or "The Event"
  • LOVE THIS SHOW .....

Love this show and looking forward to the new season. Anyone know what date the 2012 season starts and will FOX be the same station? Thnx all ..
  • it coming back!!!!!

great news everybody other tv channels are looking to getting the rights to terra nova and making the 2 seasons on their channels lets hope they make new episodes on A new station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WHEN IS IT COMING BACK?

I REALLY LIKE THIS SHOW AND SO DO ALOT OF MY FRIENDS. WHEN DO YOU PLAN TO BRING IT BACK? HOW LONG DO WE THE PUBLIC HAVE TO WAIT.

• TerraNova cancelation SHAME SHAME

This was a truly fantastic show. I was shocked out of my shoes when i found out that it was cancelled.

I thought bad shows were supposed to be the ones that would be cancelled...so why was this one?
  • terra nova

Terra nova is a great show, esp for scifi fans. I'm disappointed it is being cancelled. Those of us who don't like reality shows and are bored with crime shows appreciate a show with imagination.This is a show I can watch with my family. There aren't many shows on like that anymore.

• I tuned into this new program with a bit of anticipation that it would be a new bit of sci fi (since the usa no longer has any space based sci fi programs), and I was rather disappointed asthe show was nothing less than Jurassic Park meets Land of Lost!

I tuned into this new program with a bit of anticipation that it would be a new bit of sci fi (since the usa no longer has any space based sci fi programs), and I was rather disappointed asthe show was nothing less than jurassic park meets land of the lost with a plot from outcasts? just missing a few sleestack!
    Seems Marshall, Will, and Holly have a lot more company going back in time (or is it actually another planet) but nice pecs, abs, and sexy blue eyes on the Irish man, guess he is the Will version/character, since all hollywood is doing is rehashing same old stories over and over and over and over.
    I am still waiting to see how spielberg is going to get every one to survive the KT global extinction level event that killed 99% of all terran life 65.4 million years ago???

btw. $20mil on the opening 2 episodes showing the earth in the 22nd century but the American CGI people still have not got a clue that you cant run commuter or intercity trains - bi-directionally. That is trains going in opposite directions on the same track. I think the best way to describe it would be to have a 20 lane freeway that is a single track road! Car's nor trains can pass through each other - they need their own lane on a road or tracks! At least one set of tracks per direction of travel and with a lot of people in the world the train lines should have at least 10 train lines in each direction with a train running every 60 to 90 seconds. Oh and the trains they CGI's in would only hold no more than 200 people. With a large human population they should be double decker and 400metres or 800metres long (carrying 2500 to 5000 passengers per train!)

The worst aspect/highlight/scenerio of this program/show is the entire scientific intelligensia of the world has turned over and allow the g.i. joe military run the rebuilding/nation building/or is it entire human race of the future or should I say the past be run by jar heads. When in history has any country, any government, any culture actually benefited from being run by a military dictatorship/junta? NEVER. Is this the way of sci fi usa style in the 21st century, teach the next generation that going in gung ho and let the g.i. joe's rebuild a country and the country will be a success? (vietnam, iraq, afghastan, etc ... all failures) A highly selected group of scientists and technicians - do not need a nycpd cop to run around and shoot the bad guys- bang bang - well it does if the show is written by spielberg.

And in a recent episode I watched, the kid gave everyone a cold, by 2149 the cold should be vaccinated against in all humans and taking a virus back 85 million years before it existed would be like Pizarro who took small pox to the western hemisphere in c.1518-24 that wiped out 95% of all indigeneous peoples. Well it did make it a hell of a lot easier when the european colonist started to arrive in 1604, the land was virtually empty, North America went from a per colombian population of 150 to 200 million to a population of 5 to 8 million.. so if not for small pox there would be not colonial expansion. But hey they paid the europeans back with syphillus as henry the 8th suffered and was unable to have children that survived due to it....

• season two???

I really liked the show and i'm waiting for season two......now it sounds like there may not be a season two....does anyone know for sure or are the corporate guys keeping it to themselves......?????
  • Another great show that fell in the pit of FOX

This was another really great show that got started on FOX. Sadly they have a bad reputation for running series for the first season and canceling them. Frankly I am tired of it and this was the last one that I will get into watching. I would continue to watch it if it aired on a different station.
  • A new home for humanity is in Terra Nova! (or is it?)

I watched Terra Nove a bit belatedly, but enjoyed every episode of it. Sometimes moving a little slow (and not having nearly enough dinosaur-action!), it told us a very nice story of humanity locating itself back in time when the future of Earth is unable to support life.

Now, it's not their own past, per se, or so it was explained, but some alternative version of young Earth. Either way, they are going 85 million years back in time, taking tech with them, building their lives in a hostile land.

A few great themes follow thorough the show, like that the people in Terra Nova are still dependant on the future and its technology, medicine and weaponry. There are also those they had to leave behind. There are also secrets, about founding and purposes of Terra Nova, and there are those who have left the settlement behind...

The show ends too soon. It has promise, and even if they did not focus on the scheming on the background, I think they could have still pulled off a lot of viewing time just showing us some dinosaurs.

Worth a watch to whoever likes a little sci-fi in a jungle.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7