Terra Nova

FOX (ended 2011)

layle1

Terra Nova Fan Reviews page 5 of 7

• Terra Nova

This is a good show and I really enjoyed it. It has something for the whole family. Please pick it up and don't give in to cheap and easy. We have enough junk on TV already!
  • Hoping for a second season

i just loved the series
  • Lets Save it....

This was a great show, and hope it still can be, you can check here for how to help in making it continue:

Official Fan Site:

How to save it:

• Please someone pick up!!

Terra Nova is a great series and very entertaining. Kids that watched the show just loved it. SyFy should pick it up I think they would do really good with it because it is better than most of the other series they have. Please someone needs to continue this series it is great and the actors were perfect for these roles. Stephen Lang awesome and the others are great too!! We want Terra Nova back!!!
  • will it return

its the best show ever just as perfect or better than Jurassic park :)
  • Until it returns

I will miss the show, But until someone bright enough picks it up I am building a recreation of it in SpotON3D.com. The colony is up and is being completed, the land is in construction but is open to visitors to look around and exsplore. When finished it will be open to colonist for RP. Come and check it out, I am into details, and am trying to recreate it as it was. By the way it is PG rated as was the show , so it is for entire family to enjoy. There will be roles for everyone. Just ask the Greeter at the Hub and they will help you find Terra Nova in world.
  • A family show

this is and was a show i could watch with my 8 yr old we both enjoyed it a lot. Please continue the series my son keeps asking "when will it be back on." I would like to let him know when it will continue, we will be so happy. He loves seeing the dinosaures and the entire show.
  • bring back terranova

i love this show and my family loves it to i swear there is going to be a protest by the terranova fans this is a great show and the last episode makes you curious about what happens next
  • Bring Back Terra Nova!!!!!

I loved this show! My friends and I watched the whole series on Hulu Plus in one week. We were hooked and never wanted to stop watching. All the attractive characters were amazing. It reminded us of our childhood watching Land of the Lost. I want to watch another season!!!
  • Bring Terra Nova back for season 2!!!

The actors are not the problem in this show. I love the cast. If writers focus on complex and better executive stories than show will be great. the show got cancelled it's probably not because of writing. It's because of big budget.

Actors: 4/5

Writing: 4/5

Picture Quality: 5/5

Background Music: 4/5

So sad that FOX cancelled the show. I hope they'll get a new home and bring great story line next time :)
  • Great ideas but still needs work

Let me first just say that if Terra Nova were to get better I wouldn't mind watching it. This show just needs some improvements and they can use the first season as a test. When I saw the previews for Terra Nova I thought it was going to be awesome. I had very high expectations for this show. I was expecting a show with great characters, cool setting and with some great ideas like time travel mixed in. What we got was a cool setting, boring characters and bad writing. The episodes are connected to one big story but some of them feel episodic. For example, a virus that is attacking Terra Nova or a dinosaur attack. These were very boring episodes and wasn't what I was expecting from this show at all.

If FOX were to bring it back for a second season I would still watch if they were to get better writers, make the characters deeper and more interesting, and have a better story with some sci-fi elements mixed in. When I was watching season one, it felt like they were trying to pan out to a large group of audiences. I thought it was supposed to be sci-fi but it didn't really feel that way. I hope for a second season that would have great improvements on the first season.
  • Fun for the whole family

I really appreciate a real show that the whole family can watch. This show is well rounded something for everyone. Hoping that the CGI was on the weak side because they didn't want to invest large in a new show. Next season should be better.
  • Could be good, but some problems.

As was noted before, lots of cliches and formulaic characters.

Was wondering about time travel paradoxes (they are unsolvable and give you headaches), thus admired the neat "different time line" explanation - which was promptly thrown into doubt at the last scene. I do hope they'll avoid the paradox scenario. Or at least get this "TV universe" consistent.

If they're not in a parallel universe, the extinction event which destroyed the dinos will also snuff out the new human civilization. That would make the whole thing pretty pointless.

Presumably it's the only wormhole to the past available, so to have Americans only is a bit questionable - don't other peoples of the earth get a chance? Maybe from a less violent society?

Why call the colonisation"pilgrimage"? Is it because of the pilgrims that settled in America, or yet another oh sooo boring American religious thing?

I assume the colony gets resupplied from the future (otherwise their hi-tech will fail at some point, given they don't seem to have any mechanized industry) but that wasn't mentioned. Oh yes, given the starting point is supposed to be in the far future, shouldn't there be more fancy tech? Sonic guns and holographic medical beds they have, but not enough hot water? Wrist-borne communicators in the future but simple walkies-talkies in the colony?

The "Sixes" have no other way to negotiate an exchange except by crashing into camp? Seriously? They've got radios, too, don't they?

Am missing the comic relief, no humorous moments that I can recall (teens mucking about doesn't count).

Anybody notice the similarity to "Outcasts" - new colony, a group of breakaways, questions about past & future?

Having said that, the story sped along at a brisk pace and kept me watching.

• Keep the science in Sci-fi

I hope the show continues. It has potential. Especially long term. For example, how does the human colony plan to survive extinction events that we know took place? Perhaps that is millions of years off so not really important to the colony, but it is interesting. Are there any other human colonies attempting to survive the demise of the Earth in the future in other ways? Mars colonies? Interstellar ships? Are other countries all working together? What are the Africans, Europeans & Asians doing? Back this far in time, does Mars have water still? Ok... weird tangents I know. Not what the show is really about now, now it's just survive and grow and don't let the dinosaurs eat you. But my point is that I hope the show does bring in more science and doesn't just become a show about teenage love. Human interest is great, personal stories make a show real, but we don't need a dinosaur version of Twilight. And don't make the same lame mistakes BSG and SGU made and start bringing in Angels and religion or casting the scientists as a-moral social idiots. Sci-fi fans like science. Forget this and your show will flop.
  • Bring back Terra Nove to Fox or bring on My Tv Network

Love the show.
  • PLEASE DON'T CANCEL!!!!! KEEP IT COMING.

SCI-FI FANS ALL OVER THE WORLD LOVE THIS ONE. IT'S ONE OF THE FEW THAT COMBINE THE DINO LOVER WITH THE ROMANTIC. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, RECONSIDER THAT 'CLICK' AND BRING TO US MANY MORE TO DROOL AND SQUEEL OR THRUMP!
  • Which Episode?

Does anyone remember seeing a new baby being presented and a fireworks show in any of the episodes that have been aired?
  • Where is new Terra Nova Show?

I love the show. I have been waiting for 2nd half of season. Where is it?

• Yes Bring It Back

All my Family love terra nova, Pleaseee make a second season of it , we enjoy the dinos!!! is something very different, hoping it comes back !! we will be waitting.
  • Meh! Meh!

Although the characters are a bit annoying I stay for the storyline. Dinosaurs are interesting but cgi is a bit sloppy. I guess that's what you get when you dream big on a small screen. :/ Jurassic Park memories.
  • Bring It Back!!!

Ok, maybe it isn't realistic...maybe its a little off beat for the main stream (maybe!)...but it is different, entertaining and something just a little to look forward to each week. I love the characters, I love the dynamics of everything going on. Is it really realistic? ok, maybe not or just maybe it is. But there are lots of us out there that like it. It's right up there with Eureka...another favorite of mine. So why can't we have something different...figure it out Fox and do what you need to bring it back...
  • Sci-Fi Rules......And, give the English a chance!!!

For some people in the UK, cable TV is not common place. I am fortunate enough that I get to watch programmes, before they are possibly shown on a UK channel, and at least a year after being shown in the USA. I have told friends and family about shows ages before this and when they are shown, they enjoy them just as much as me - what infuriates me is the amount of shows that are shown for one season and axed. Admittedly, some of these shows have been slow to start but they draw you in and it becomes something to look forward too. They are not sitcoms, or soaps, and you only have to produce them once a year. Any series, just like any Film!!....should be given at least three chances to impress. Three Seasons to let the English, as well as the American public, air their opinions.
  • Fox Don't Do it to me

Fox don't cancel another great show on me. I keep getting hooked on shows that are different then the doctor/cop shows on every network just in time for it to get pulled out from under me. This is an excellent show with a great deal of potential. Give me another season!
  • Amazing!

Great show! Loved every episode and the plot was awesome. Hope there's a season 2
  • WHERE DID SHOW GO???

I miss Terra Nova show...when new shows????
  • Very Poor making of a TV show

It started very good to return to the past and to have a new life back here in earth to do the best to save the earth with fighting against the wild.But It became Typical dumb characters that do dumb things because there needs to happen something to fill the time of the show.
  • AWESOME SHOW!!!!

I've been waiting a long time for a show like this to return. Love it
  • Superb!

Maybe one could say it's a mix of Lost and Jurassic Park, but it works! Great show!
  • Painfull... Far too painfull to watch. After this show quite a few actors & Actress'es are going to have a hard time finding work. Tip: Take it off your résumé

1.5

I've tried real hard to like this show, you have no idea how much alcohol I drank just to try and switch my brain totally off.

The concept for the show is great, location I can live with even the lack of prehistoric life I can almost allow to slip past.

I don't even dislike the cast (even though lately they have the look of Please kill me off in this episode so I can get off this show)

I just don't understand why it doesn't work?

I've seen better plot development on an episode of Ren & Stimpy!

To be honest if Mr Spielberg's name wasn't on this project it would have been canned by episode five.

Is this is what is meant by the dumbing down of Televison? If this is what is considered to be family viewing, i'm sorry but it's time to switch off and pull out a board game.

• Fight for Terra Nova! Fight for Season Two!

Probabily one of the most epic series of the last few years!

10 out of 10!

It will be a shame if they cancel it now that it's getting interesting, they left a big mistery to be solved on the next season, and the series still have a lot of stories for it to last for a lot more seasons!

Fox have a diamond in the rough here, and it will be a shame to let it go. Even if the series are too expensive because of the effects and dinossaurs, then try to focus on the characters. The main story is the most interesting. A story about Hope, and Family...

Fight for Terra Nova! Fight for Season Two! =P