Terra Nova

The Runaway

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 17, 2011 on FOX

7.8
  • A little girl is found by the Colonists of Terra Nova and she turns out to be more than they bargained for. Meanwhile, the Sixers try to recover a mysterious package. Terra-ble Nova.. aimed at children to sell toy Dinosaurs and lunchboxes?

Skipping quickly past the obvious Aliens rip-off we can cut to the main story about those pesky Sixers trying to recover an important and mysterious package that they accidentally forgot when they haphazardly deserted the colony and systematically stole all those vehicles, guns & supplies right under the nose of Terra Nova security.

Digressing, I still can't get over the fact that Taylor has a mad genius brother who puts mathematical calculations at the waterfalls where very dangerous dino's hang out for lunch. Right, because, that's where Taylor would naturally look for them and despair. ???! "Khan!" "Khaaaan!"

Back to the Runaway and from our stereo-typically talkative bad-gal, Mirra, we discover that important and powerful people in the 'future world' are very cross with Taylor (the bad man) and want him thrown off a cliff.

There was lots of other insinuations thrown in with finally Mirra's daughter as the underwriters insurance. Oh, and it's back to happy families by the time the credits roll.

All new shows stumble and struggle to find their niche, their footing - for me, i feel avoiding the dreary bootlegging / treachery arc and a greater focus on the exploration of their new world and the building of a new society and we just might have a show here.

But i have a sneaking suspicion that this show is more than meets the eyes... (i.e. it's a marketing thing if you didn't get the Transformers reference)