Terra Nova

The Runaway

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 17, 2011 on FOX

7.8
  • The Runaway

By the power vested in me, i now pronounce "Terra Nova" the "FlashForward" of 2011/2012 season.

In recent seasons there seems to be a standard science fiction series to want to emulate the recent success of other series of its kind and that despite a good premise, good production values, cast and competent enough to generate buzz for this internet was creating expectations for what might be like television product easily falls out of favor as soon as the episodes are revealed week after week. Within this profile found "FlashForward" in 2009/2010 season, after "The Event" in 2010/2011 season and this season, "Terra Nova".

"Newfoundland" as the other two series referred to above, is becoming a burden (Victor, will you prepare). Production values remain good and the cast continues with a very competent performance, but the use of its good premise has been limited and the initial expectations mutated into sighs of disappointment. The story is at this time, fragile and anything that wants to enhance the series seems to have enough strength to take it to another level.

In this episode, we have the opportunity to know more about the mysterious Others Sixers, whose line of argument is revealed as one that will have greater emphasis throughout this season. They are provided to us some more details about this mysterious faction that has decided to leave Newfoundland as:

The fact that there are important people in the future that are not very interested in having the Commander Taylor (Stephen Lang) in front of Newfoundland;

The fact that Newfoundland is not just what appears to be (not even the Commander Taylor);

Whoever comes to the past can no longer return to the future (honestly can not remember if this had been mentioned or not);

What the Sixers live among the treetops (which you would expect, unless they wanted to serve as a meal at any dinosaur);

That there is a mysterious box that can hold the key to some secrets.

I must say that my interest in the Sixers and its history is limited, but the strong presence that their leader has scenes that let me enter more pro-Sixers than anything else. It is unfortunate that the characters in this series are basically pieces of cardboard or we would have Mira (Christine Adams), if the same gain some more attention in history, a good successor to a ... I dunno ... Benjamin Linus (difficult, I know ... .)

For the rest ... I do not know if it is worth mentioning. As is the case in "No Ordinary Family", the fact of wanting to please Greeks and Trojans and have been thought of as a series for the whole family that lead to "Terra Nova" let easily fall into platitudes, especially in regards lines of argument by the main characters kids. And this episode was no exception.