Terra Nova

What Remains

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 10, 2011 on FOX

7.1
  • Simply bad!

This episode feels like it has been written by a bunch of 9-year-olds, for 6-year-old audience, and I mean no disrespect for 9 and 6-year-olds. But when you spend this much money to produce a show, the last thing you should do is let a writing team with child-alike level of cognitive development blow it all in the wind, by creating 2D characters and a plot that would be unpredictable and interesting only to someone who still believes in Santa. The previous episodes were bad to average, but this one is simply terrible. One could literally predict almost every dialog line in real time, and suspense was non-existing, because the story was as obvious as the fact that this show clearly lacks a well defined target audience. If only those dinosaurs were made out of sponge, and with just a little bit less violence, I would swear it's a preteen / early-teen type of show.

The only thing I was excited about in this episode is the end, and I mean it literally - the fact that it finally ended made me happy, and that's not something anyone involved in its production can be proud of.

I'll probably give Terra Nova another episode or two, and then I'll most likely erase its existence out of my memory (similarities with this episode's plot are a coincidence). Don't waste your time with this, there are much better things to watch, and no, I don't think it will get much better.