Terriers

Manifest Destiny

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 06, 2010 on FX

7.6
  • Ok, this is freaking me out.

Why isn't there anyone talking about Terriers? I don't get it. It's incredibly well written, perfectly acted and the best example of contemporary noir since, what? L.A. Confidential? The Big Lebowski?

So why are there no reviews over here? No articles, recaps? Scores in the 7s? I mean, what the hell? It's one thing for us to make wink-wink-nudge-nudge jokes about sad people who enjoy Jersey Shore, but when shows like Terriers fly under everybody's radar there is no excuse. So, let me call it officially. If you are not watching Terriers?

Well then, you guys? You suck.

So this episode kind of closes the first "story arc" in the season, it seems. Many threads are closed, although some others hint at a return in the future. It is, I grant you, a weird structure. One would expect padding to come before all this resolution, not after, but I'm kind of glad it's turning out like this. Dragged out mysteries and conspiracies are popular these days, but getting things done is the new unresolved plot thread. Terriers likes to keep the bull meter to a minimum, and that includes putting resolution where it's due. Kudos for that. It is probably not chance that I started the episode thinking this Lindus stuff was becoming too overbearing only to see it resolved in the same episode. When that happens it's good pacing, period. So, anyway, I'm really hoping public disinterest doesn't get this one killed. It would severely damage my already wobbly faith in humanity. Then again, my shelves are full of one season gems in DVD, but it would be great to see the people involved in this get the recognition they clearly deserve.