Thank God You're Here (Australia) Forums

Wednesday 7:30 PM on Seven NetworkIn Season

Performers who really didn't deserve to win

pjhasham

[1]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 17

As funny as every Working Dog production is, I will never understand Tom Gleisner's judging.

My personal example: Fifi Box in episode 2, in the Jane Austen sketch. She hesitated on every question, came up with really unfunny answers, and was painfully far from her best performance, the magazine sketch last week. Matt "Big Idiots Never Good Ever" Newton, Angus "Fusion Wasabe Beef" Sampson and Shaun "Alfred Gurns" Micallef were ALL ten times funnier. However good Fifi can be (which, until last week, wasn't saying much), she did not deserve to win that week. (Yes I know that winnning means nothing, but I don't get the impression that Tom Gleisner would make a good judge of any real competition.)

Anyone else have similar complaint?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BeautifulDay13

[2]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 14
    When Jimoen won I was so disappointed. Stephen K Amos was ten times funnier.

aslans

[3]Sep 28, 2007
    • level: 38
    I agree that Stephen K. Amos should've won instead of Jimeon, and I didn't think Anh Do deserved to win in the season 2 return episode.

ttnow

[4]Sep 28, 2007
    • level: 6
    I think Tom gets it right 90% of the time, I think once the comedian has won it once, they don't like to give it to you again.

oceanic6

[5]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 35

I think Josh Lawson should've won at least once in the first season; I can't even watch the first season now without feeling mad about the injustice. I don't like how Bob Franklin wins almost every time he's on the show and he's never that great.