Episode 107

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 09, 2007 on NBC

• I love Edie McClurg!

I have loved Edie McClurg since the movie 'Carrie'. I thought she should have won but I think they gave it to Mo'Nique because she didn't fall apart. I'm not sure she has ever done improv but she did a much better job than I could have and she was funny in the little taxi driver warm up they did. Coming from Saturday Night Live Kevin Nealon maybe had an upper hand and Richard Kind was super funny, too. But I'm lovin' me some Edie McClurg, hopefully this show will put these folks back out there and she will find a sitcom!!!
  • The guest stars all participated in improvised sketches.

This show has the potential to be very funny. As we've seen from the success of shows like Whose Line is it Anyway, America appreciates its Improv comedy shows. The guests are right on the ball but the cheesy feel of the show is overpowering. They should cut down the banter between Foley and Grier and just focus on the sketches. The most disappointing thing about this episode was the way they treated Monique. Anyone who's ever studied improv knows the term "yes-anding" meaning that the actors should all agree with what's being said. "I'm on a game show" "yes and these are our guests Lisa and Rachel" "yes and Darren is a doctor"...etc. You never dismiss what someone's saying because technically there is no right answer. So when the host of Monique's game show kept telling her she was wrong, it was painful to watch and completely ruined the scene. In the rest of the sketches they didn't interfere. If they wanted specific dialogue for the gameshow, they shouldn't have used it as an improv scene. Other than that I think this show has had a great lineup of guest stars and I plan to keep watching.