Thank God You're Here Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

Ratings for 4/9/07

How many episode will air before Thank God is axed?

SoylentYellow

[1]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 21

Rating was 5.8 for 1st half then crashed to 4.5 for 2nd half hour.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings.aspx?id=monday

How long will it be before TGYH is axed?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ttnow

[2]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 6
    Two hours is just to long for this show. I know the Australian version often feels stretched out and the longest it has ever ran for is 70mins. 1hr is enough, and I believe the ratings will pick up if it stays at 1hr and NBC advertises it like crazy (like TEN does in Australia, it is advertised in every add break just about when it is showing).

SoylentYellow

[3]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 21
    ttnow wrote:
    Two hours is just to long for this show. I know the Australian version often feels stretched out and the longest it has ever ran for is 70mins. 1hr is enough, and I believe the ratings will pick up if it stays at 1hr and NBC advertises it like crazy (like TEN does in Australia, it is advertised in every add break just about when it is showing).

As other people pointed out the actors seemed very uncomforable and looked like they were happy when the whole thing was over. It reminded me of college when I had to do impromptu speeches to satisfy the Oral Communication/Speech requirement. I didnt even watch most of the 2nd episode as it was too painful to watch.

Still, it could catch on - if next weeks rating dip into the 3's or 2's it will definitely get the axe. If it manages to stay in the 4's or higher it might survive. Though I like some of the actors - watching them do this is rather painful. They look so darn uncomfortable doing it. I could swear they are supplementing the audience with a laugh track when they arent laughing on their own - which I suspect is much of the time.

antdude

[4]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 28
    ttnow wrote:
    It's actually two episodes.

alvixx

[5]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 11
    In Denmark we have had this show for almost 2 years and it still on.. Trust me, it wont get cancelled in the US, the producers have faith in the show!

FrancisJMAAB

[6]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 7

The actors they get are third rate, therefore the comedy is third rate.  I hate that Dave Foley has to say some cheesy nice comment to the actors after they do their skit, I guess stroking their ego is in the contract.  Whose line was much funnier, the British version with Clive Anderson (who insulted them right and left, he had such great timing)  and even the Drew Carey version after that was funnier.  I don't think this show will last.  Unless they loose the host, (who is so unfunny) and have Dave say how he really feels about the skits.

Another American bomb!

nk47

[7]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 8
    Hopefully in 4 hours because this show is absolutely lame. They need to get people who are actually funny not just randomn actors. Tom Green was trying way too hard to be funny on the last episode and just embarrased himself. Shannon Elizabeth wasnt funny so she thought she could cover it up by kissing someone.

Terrible show and Im so sorry that I punished my eyes this way. If there are any parents out there that want to punish their kids, all they gotta do is show their kids 2 episodes of this show and they can expect discipline.

Just lame..

listen2ledzepp

[8]Apr 21, 2007
    • level: 5
    I agree, Green was tryin way too hard. The other 3 i thought were decent and had some funny stuff...plus, shannon elizabeth is pretty hot. And chelsea was the funnier of the 4 too.

dorkeyONE91

[9]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 6
    who won on that episode anyway..never got to see the end..I hope Chelsea won...she's awsome