Thank God You're Here Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

Thank God You're Here Is Cancelled

StarbucksAddict

[1]May 14, 2007
    • level: 46

I just read the news from The Futon Critic today and NBC has Cancelled "Thank God You're Here".

also canceled is Crossing Jordan, Raines, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Identity, Grease: You're the one that I want and The Real Wedding Crashers.

there's more on who's staying too and other news But I'll post the link to the articale.

The Futon's Upfront Notes: NBC

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SNLRULES4EVER

[2]May 14, 2007
    • level: 4
    im not surprised

mdstudio

[3]May 14, 2007
    • level: 5

I read it here:

http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2007/05/2007_cancelled_shows_several_nbc_cancellations.php  

SoylentYellow

[4]May 14, 2007
    • level: 21

Thank God Its Cancelled.

I watched the pilot and that was more than enough... Saturday Night Live crossed with The Improv, it wasnt.

Crossing Jordan, Raines, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Identity, - Never watched any of those, didnt care one way or the other if they got axed.

Grease: You're the one that I want and The Real Wedding Crashers.  These 2 I hated and hoped would get the axe - real waste of time territory - especially TRWC - that one was almost as bad as the axed Knights of Prosperity and Armed and Famous.

Edited on 05/14/2007 6:29pm

ruecdavi

[5]May 16, 2007
    • level: 8
    I kinda liked this show. I found the improv to be funny at times, but the banter between "the Davids" was painful.  This show needed some adjustments, but I thought that after a while, they might have been able to draw bigger names as their celebrity guests, which would have made the show better.  Guess they won't get the chance.

Deznaj

[6]May 17, 2007
    • level: 6

This series had a great concept, but the presentation was terrible. Foley and especially Grier where embarrassing to watch and dragged the show down with them. The guest actors where actually quite funny most of the time. As I started to see more famous faces I started to like the show. However, I knew the show was in serious trouble when Wayne Knight appeared AGAIN in episode 7. It's the first season, and they already had to hire back an actor they already had? I guess they just promised him a script and that he would be the winner. It was so obvious and also the presentation in this last episode was overly forced.

Thank god it didn't get a chance to make it even worse...

Edited on 05/17/2007 9:19am

rooksie

[7]May 17, 2007
    • level: 10
    I thought it could have been better, but I will miss it.

penguinfish75

[8]May 24, 2007
    • level: 9
    I really like Dave Foley, but I agree the banter between the two was a little forced. Many of the guest stars were extremely funny, mostly the ex-SNL alum in my opinion. I forgot how funny Kevin Nealon could be! Anyway, I will miss the show.

Shaded_Grey08

[9]May 29, 2007
    • level: 4
    Who were the host and judge exactly?? They couldnt have expected much with a judge that, from what i personally thought and I am by no means presenting this as fact, no one really knew of thus not really respecting what he thought was funny(perhaps a sitcom has been, but being on a humorous sitcom is not enough to be deemed comedian.) Did anyone else notice that he had a tendency to exaggerate the funniness of said comedian? That one guy off third rock from the sun, for example, left my hope for a laugh stunted and never fulfilled. And he made a return to the show. I had high hopes that were never met. The other shows that were canceled really never made a wide appeal. THE REAL WEDDING CRASHERS: for those who loved PUNK'D---RAINES: for those who wanted to see a funny show about a man who could see dead people generally at awkward times. They ALL committed the same crime of non-wide appeal plus were boring overall. No one really gives a damn about choosing broadway cast members. 'SHOW YOUR IDENTITY' "'greasy' with a side helping of BOREDOM"

ejwlover

[10]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 21
    That sucks. It was pretty good!

dragonskull13

[11]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 14
    ejwlover wrote:
    That sucks. It was pretty good!

yeah i agree.

svuiskool

[12]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 19
    The Australian one is good... Do you mind me asking who were the hosts and what people you had on there?

If you were interested in looking at the Aussie version, there are a few on YouTube.

Ebs_73

[13]Jul 21, 2007
    • level: 15
    svuiskool wrote:
    The Australian one is good... Do you mind me asking who were the hosts and what people you had on there?

If you were interested in looking at the Aussie version, there are a few on YouTube.

Yeah i live in Australia and it is soo good.. everyone loves it here! We've just started our third season.. we have some really great people who go on it regularly and they just come up with the most funniest and random things. lol!

dude6363

[14]Jul 22, 2007
    • level: 60
    Good. It was awkward and just not funny.

emrocks

[15]Sep 30, 2007
    • level: 2

The Australian show is hosted by Shane Bourne who has been around the Australian television scene for years. He is a very good dramatic actor with some stand up success.

Tom Gliesner is the judge, he is involved in the Working Dog production company who have produced some great Australian movies such as The Castle and The Dish. If you haven't seen them i highly reccommend them. He has also been a member of that company's tv show called The Panel, which was basically a show that discussed interesting events from the past week.

I believe that they are there simply to waste enough time for the costume changes that must occur in a show with this format.

The best participants in the show have been Angus Sampson (actor), Josh Lawson (actor), Hamish Blake (radio host),Cal Wilson (stand up comic/ radio host), and Frank Woodley (one half of the duo Lano and Woodley). These are the ones that keep coming back. The actors who do well in them tend to be the ones who have done things like theatre sports - where you practice your improv skills.

Check out Hamish Blakes latest one which is Newlyweds on Youtube. The support actress, Nicola Parry,has done 3 seasons of TGYHand i have never even seen her smile before, she was struggling not to laugh in this one, especially when Hamish "flashed" her. Josh Lawson's best ones are where he plays a firefighter and the one where he is a cowboy. Angus Sampson's best has to be the one on the Titanic. Cal Wilson as Miss Caicos was hilarious. And Woodley's best has to be where he was the ship captain who ends up abandoning the ship.

M-W-S-A-T-D-K-T

[16]Oct 1, 2007
    • level: 12

How good was it huh?

I can't wait till next season. How about when the veronicas were on it and Hamish is like - H is for hamish blake who is a really top guy yay, and Julia went - I is for the idiot that hamish blake is yay.

I watched some of the American one on youtube. I think It was that one with the lady from That King of Queens and she was pregnant. That was alright.

Evil_Dead_Ash

[17]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 9
    Holy crap! cancelled already?! There were only 7 episodes...that's REALLY bad.
    If you didn't tape the shows when they aired, you'll probably never see them again.

nk47

[18]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 8
    There is a God, this show is just terrible!

This show would have been better if funny people appeared, lawls!