Thank God You're Here Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

Thank God You're Here Opinions

thejoemeister_1

[21]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 8

The US version is like 'Celebrity Madlibs' where the guests just fill in the blanks, but they also occasionally ramble incoherently. The Aust. version actually makes a hilarious scene. It's quite disappointing to see so much lost in translation but if that what the US audience wants to see, then that's what they'll get.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Insane_About_TV

[22]May 2, 2007
    • level: 5
    funny, but not quite found it's true calling. I say get rid of that horrible judge. He is the worst part of the show.

TimWidhalm

[23]May 2, 2007
    • level: 10
    thejoemeister_1 wrote:

The US version is like 'Celebrity Madlibs' where the guests just fill in the blanks, but they also occasionally ramble incoherently. The Aust. version actually makes a hilarious scene. It's quite disappointing to see so much lost in translation but if that what the US audience wants to see, then that's what they'll get.

Exactly, some shows aren't as good here as they are in other places, like our version of the Office is better than the UK one, the Australian version of Thank God You're Here is better than ours, and our Deal or no Deal os better than the Australian one so you can't win them all

serenityseeker

[24]May 3, 2007
    • level: 9
    This is a very funny show, I loveit!! I just hope it makes the cut and sticks around.

mp34mp

[25]May 10, 2007
    • level: 16
    Most of it seemed pretty lame. They need to get some better actors on there. In the last episode, only Nicole Sullivan seemed like she belonged on the show. And what's the deal with the audience being mostly women?

bballmegan22

[26]May 11, 2007
    • level: 30
    I thought the show was pretty entertaining. Not nessicarily lol funny but pretty funny. I liked Angela Kinsey on it

M-W-S-A-T-D-K-T

[27]Sep 29, 2007
    • level: 12

TimWidhalm wrote:

Exactly, some shows aren't as good here as they are in other places, like our version of the Office is better than the UK one, the Australian version of Thank God You're Here is better than ours, and our Deal or no Deal os better than the Australian one so you can't win them all

It's becuase our Deal Or no deal host is anover-reacting idiot

On another note, go us Aussies.

pjhasham

[28]Oct 12, 2007
    • level: 17

kurby123 wrote:
    pjhasham wrote:
    I saw the Monique skit and it destroyed my hopes that US TGYH would be as good as the Aus one. I saw Arj Barker on Aus TGYH and he was the best in the episode. But the American support cast don't know what their job. Contradicting everything a contestant says does not count as forcing them to think on their feet.
    Actually they only contradicted everything that Monique said because they were afraid that Monique wasn't being funny enough. The whole skit wasn't funny anyways, so whatever.

Well a better way to do that would be to ask her further questions. The Aussie ones never contradict them like that unless it's to get them back on track - which is usually after wildly funny answers - or if the contradiction makes it funnier, ie: Julia Zemiro being asked the name of the guy who's just come in from her bedroom, she says (name), and the guy says, no he's upstairs, I'm (other name).

nk47

[29]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 8
    The only skit I enjoyed was with Jason Alexander, the rest of the show just sucked, lawls!