That '70s Show

An Eric Forman Christmas

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Dec 18, 2001 on FOX

• Christmas Review #50

Eric thinks that Christmas just isn't as fun as it used to be when he was a kid, so Kitty suggests that he direct the church Christmas pageant. He has some artistic differences with the gang over how things should go. Kelso is upset that everyone is making fun of him for wanting to watch Christmas specials on television; and Red is upset over Bob's Christmas decorations. I thought that this was a superb Christmas episode of "That 70s Show". The only thing that did lower my score a little was how the gang is demanding the roles that they want and even want to change it and then they get Eric fired from directing the play. Other than that, this episode is just gosh darn hilarious. The parts that did crack me up was when Bob turned on his Christmas decorations at midnight and then Kitty said "It's the Russians" then Red gets out of his bed and tells Bob through the window "Bob, turn off that Christmas crap", Almost anything Leo said in this Christmas episode, Red's line "If I had a mistlefoot, it would be up in your @$$", Red throwing away Bob's decorations (seems like he is becoming the Grinch :D haha), Kelso having a dream that he was talking to Santa Claus, Rudolph, and Little Drummer Boy especially the part when Santa said "Oh, screw those dumb@$$es" (that part was in clay-animation form by the way), Fez's line "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown", The very ending of the episode, and a few more. The storyline was well thought out and the episode was hilarious almost all the way through. Overall, a superb Christmas episode of "That 70s Show". 9/10
  • Red's the Grinch!

I love this episode because finally That 70's Show has a Christmas Special! It was so funny when Fez was a cartoon plus Red stealing Decorations , that was priceless when Kitty said she was Mrs. Grinch! Also it was nice of Leo to set the gang straight after humiliating Pastor Dave. My favorite part was the play fantasy & Jackie had the shirt "I''m an 80 Year Old Virgin" & Fez was a lifeguard. My other favorite part was the ending in which they take the picture when everyone posed after Eric getting the cassette player. An amazing Christmas Special!
  • Yup! A very special episode indeed!

This episode isn't exactly funny. However, I get the point. The writers are not trying to be funny at the first place. It's Christmas, after all. Funniest isn't as important as bonding, friendships, celebrating, and things along those lines. One thing I must note is that smoking pot on Christmas is indeed a little bit demented.... Shouldn't the kids be doing something more positive and healthy that day? Haha! The best line of the show is when Bob is drunk and doing his little crazy Christmas decoration thingie in the middle of a night when Kitty and Red are woken up in fear, and Kitty says, "It's the Russians!" THAT is so 70's. Rock on!
  • A typical 70's Christmas pagent... with spacemen and unicorns

This is one of my favourite episodes as it has some hilarious scenes, in particular involving Bob, Kelso, Pastor Dave and the always entertaining Leo ("Christmas spirit is contagious like VD").

Kelso wanting to watch baby christmas movies is hilarious but not as sidesplitting as trying to get the wisemen, and whatever other character was mentioned, to be spacemen and his imagination running wild when he meets an interesting Santa ("screw those dumbasses").

Tying Pastor Dave up with Christmas lights is a hilarious scene as is the gang debating Rudolph's sexual orientation, Red's remark about mistlefoot, and Kitty not understanding sarcasm about raincoats.

Overall, from start to finish, I guarantee this will make you laugh.