That '70s Show

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (a.k.a. Valentine's Day)

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 05, 2003 on FOX

• A continuity of the "Get Off My Boyfriend" disaster.

Wow, what's really unexpected of this episode is that Hyde breaks up with Jackie, like I said in the last review, all about relationships. The acting was exceptionally good in this episode. Valentines Day is a perfect way to fit this episode in. Ugh I HATE KITTY'S MOTHER! Anyways I hate how she didn't say I love you to Kitty but to Eric she did. And she thought Donna wasn't good enough, grandma burn! I like how Hyde & Jackie get back together in the end though & Kelso ends up alone which ends the Jessica Simpson arc. So sad at the end.
  • The b!tch is back!

After the “get off my boyfriend” end to the last episode, this one is even better, in both hilarity and twists. Hyde breaking up with Jackie, Kitty’s domineering mother to both Kitty and Donna, Annette, Jackie, and Kelso’s jealousy triangle and the aftermath of the funeral are all plots that provide laughs and a bit of drama.

While I prefer the Kelso/Jackie relationship as it’s both funnier and more relatable than Hyde/Jackie, the relationship does have its advantages and this one was definitely planned. Eric and Donna’s secret engagement still going on, which won’t last long and Hyde and Jackie happy which won’t last long either, are all great recurring plot points throughout the season and overall, this episode is both revealing and hilarious.
  • He didn't have to say it back!

That's what I love about Hyde. He's consistent. He tries to conceal his feelings, but we all know he's not as stony as he tries to be. He didn't have to say it back, and the fact that Jackie didn't care, or mind, that he didn't was very maturing for her character. Stupid Kelso! Dumb meathead cheater man-whore jerk! Trying to break up Hyde and Jackie AND using Annette in the process. Ugh! It's a wonder he hasn't DIED from a venereal disease! Blecch!
    Okay, I've had my vent. And poor Kitty. Her mom's worse than mine. I feel for her losing her dad. So sad.
    This was a FANTASTIC episode!
  • She knows it, he knows it

Hyde's reaction to Jackie's confession was awesome! She admits still having affection for the big dufus (Kelso :P Yuk!), but she's not going to let them get in the way of her love for Hyde. Hyde couldn't fool anyone. That long pause said everything, and his follow-up of not saying it back, so apparent. It was really mature (WOAH) of Jackie not to mind him not saying it back. I never really liked Jessica Simpson, so her appearance in the show was a bit of a drag. I'm glad Kelso is alone and unhappy again. HATE KELSO! Lying cheating scumbag! He doesn't deserve happiness! (ahem) Sorry...NO I'M NOT!
  • This episode is slightly different from the majority of the rest of the episodes. There are more serious lines written in this one, such as Jackie's confession to Hyde. Jackie and Hyde make an awesome couple. Mila and Danny look great in real life, too.

This episode is slightly different from the majority of the rest of the episodes. There are more serious lines written in this one, such as Jackie's confession to Hyde after she admits in possibly still having feelings for Kelso. She is right about one thing, though, that everyone might possibly have some left-over feelings for their first boyfriends or girlfriends. First love never really completely goes away, but in the best case scenarios, they develop into platonic, unique friendships that no one else in the world could share. It doesn't mean that we would never move on. Instead, I think it means that we would know how to love better when the right ones come along in the future. I must say Jackie and Hyde make an awesome couple. Mila and Danny look great in real life, too. I heard they are actually datng, but we don't know if it's true. I hope it is, however.
  • I love this episode

I love this episode because it has so many great elements to it that make this series so great. There's the fighting between Hyde and Kelso, (and I love when Hyde tells Eric to hold his popsicle because he's going to kick Kelso's ass!) There's the relationship between Donna and Eric, as they try to get Grandma on their side. And there's the break-up and reconciliation between Hyde and Jackie (who I loved as a couple). I love when she's telling him about the rat, and how she made her kitty cat hunt it, and he doesn’t get the metaphor (and thinks he's the rat) and I love when she finally tells him she loves him and he yells that he won't say it back. So funny. And so typical of them. And I love Kitty and Red, how they are so sweet to each other and really love each other. He takes care of her when she’s sad. That’s so nice! Overall great episode. Jessica Simpson was annoying, but she often is. And she really can't act.

One question, why was Donna setting up for the Valentine's Dance at Point Place High School when she doesn't go there anymore? Was she just helping Jackie?