That '70s Show

Bye-Bye Basement

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 16, 2001 on FOX

• Kitty hires Leo and his cousin Theo to redecorate the basement

I thought that this was an excellent episode of "That 70s Show". This episode was absolutely hilarious and both plots cracked me up. It was hilarious that Kitty hired Leo and Leo's cousin Theo to redecorate the basement. Richard Karn (who used to be in the sitcom "Home Improvement") did a wonderful job guest starring in this episode. It was hilarious when Donna keeps insulting Eric. Fez joining ballet class and Fez wearing that ballet uniform was absolutely hilarious. It was very funny when Eric burned Donna by saying that he was a something instant b**ch. Eric, Hyde, Leo, and Theo doing weed was absolutely hilarious. It was very funny when Theo said "So this is what you guys do?". Fez being in a more masculine ballet uniform was also very funny. It was absolutely hilarious when Leo and Theo did absolutely nothing to the basement except for moving each furniture 2 inches to the left. Leo's line "Hey man, if you think we did a great job... you should tell everyone" (or something close to that) was absolutely hilarious. The very ending with Fez and his ballet dancing was very funny. Overall, an excellent episode of "That 70s Show". 10/10
  • "I think my contractor's on dope."

I love this episode but nothing really happened. No development but still entertaining, it was so awesome all the burns & insults that they shoot at each other, it's so funny the whole fruit t-shirt, the bad breath, the ugly basement. I also like how Donna admits she has "lingering" feelings but we all know it's real. I also like Kitty's reaction when the basement looks exactly the same. I also love when Jackie & Kelso were giving Donna dating tips. It's so funny. I love the end when she says "Ok, lets do it" "Really?" "NO!" Ah it's hilarious, so funny.
  • The basement's going bye-bye... or IS IT?

I loved this episode. I don't know what to say about this episode but it was very funny. I loved how Richard Karn from Home Improvement guest stars as Leo's cousin Theo. I also liked the dialogue in this episode.

Eric: (to Theo) Give up construction, man. Go back to art.
    Leo: (to Theo) You broke with Art?
    ---------------------
    Kitty: You've only been here a day.
    Leo: Well, you know what they say. Rome was built in a day.
    Red: No. Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Leo: Well, your basement was built a day.
    ---------------------
    Theo: Look, it's art! I moved everything in this basement... two inches to the left.
    Leo: Amazing, isn't it? It's like, 'where are you?'

I also liked Fez's little dream dance number. I also liked Donna and Eric's insults at each other. "What did you have for breakfast this morning, Carnation Instant B****?" Overall, this episode was a very good one. I'm gonna start watching Home Improvement from now on.
  • This episode is awsome!

This episode is great and exactly y i watch the series and i like the part when donna said that eric had tiny wrists that was funny and when the contaracter was talking to the mom ad said that no one uses the basement and eric said that i use it it was just funny how he said that.
  • Basement: Two Inches to the Left

Any episode with Leo is bound to be hilarious and since he is beginning to become more frequent, the chances of that happening are better, such as this episode where he and his cousin Theo redo the Forman basement, much to Eric’s despair until he comes up with a brilliant solution to the problem by getting Theo high.

Kelso had some terrific lines in this episode regarding his basement memories but he didn’t have much of a plot which was a little disappointing and I half-expected him to walk into the basement and say “Did everything just get two inches different?”

Fez and ballet was a great plot with good jokes but is probably my least favourite storyline because it doesn’t have as many gags as the others.

Evil Donna was quite funny, especially the insults that fly between her and Eric and Jackie and Kelso’s advice.
TNCK