That '70s Show

Donna Dates a Kelso

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 05, 2002 on FOX

At this point, I think the writers definitely wanted to cause some conflict as we were nearing the last half of the season. The fans see Eric & Donna with other people, which shows how real their breakup really was, and the writers left us with the possibility of these two not getting back together which definitely made this episode all the more interesting. Other than the development and setting things in motion, this episode wasn't the best plot wise. All the plots wore thin with Eric & Donna on different dates, Red buying a car, and Fez wanting to lose his virginity. Not the most memorable plots, and most of this episode spelled filler but we did get some funny gags here. "Oh, then you should stay away from you mom then..."

Definitely the best line of the entire episode from Kelso, and it was just classic Kelso. As for the rest of the plots, there were pretty bland compared to what this show is capable of doing but still a great episode.
  • Donna dates a kelso, Fez is gonna get laid, Bob's rich, Red gets a car... Awesome

This episode is great. The guest appearance of Luke Wilson is great. He really actually plays a great older brother to Kelso. He's a bit more subtle than Kelso but just as dumb.

Eric "FOREPLAY" Foreman!! That is one of my favorite jokes. I loved watching foreman looking after Donna after running into her with Casey. You thought it was going to be some cheesy, I'm sad that she's moving on, but then Eric just laughs and says "He's a Kelso!!"

Bob gets rich again inventing tissue box on the visor. It was a bit silly, but I can see Bob coming up with something as useless as that. Red gets the Corvette, it was good to see Red get something he wanted instead of Bob getting it and rubbing it in his face.

Fez of course doesn't get laid yet again. Can't a foreign guy get a break? Well not yet, it wouldn't be funny enough.
  • Fez finally gets to do it… or not!

This episode has great relationship plots with Eric dating, Fez having to wait with Big Rhonda and Donna starting to date Kelso’s brother Casey (who while being immature did teach the guys important facts about chicks – the bigger the boobs, the smaller the brain).

My favourite scene is Fez trying to talk to Kitty about his virgin putt putt friend Johnny Table which has some great lines about him continuously referring to himself.

Bob buying Red’s favourite car was a good plot with Red quickly buying it from under him but finished quite quickly.

Overall, this is a very funny episode, the Pick a Chick daydream and Leo scenes alone making it a worthwhile watch.
MNT