That '70s Show

Eric's Burger Job

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 27, 1998 on FOX

• Eric gets a job at Fatso Burger, but it soon becomes a negative effect on his relationship with Donna.

Most of the gang is 17 now, except for Jackie, who is a sophomore. It's that time where the guys should start looking for a job now. Eric needs the money more than anything - he needs it for gas money, and well, he's how everybody gets everywhere, since he's currently the only one who drives and has his own car. So he and the three other guys apply for jobs at Fatso Burger. The management for the restaurant is associated somehow with Jackie's father, and Jackie is upset when the fast food business chooses Eric instead of the other three guys; her boyfriend, Kelso, especially. Red thinks it's good for Eric that he got a job. Kitty doesn't. In my opinion, I think it's great that Eric got a job. He needs the money, so I think he has the right to get the job. Meanwhile, he has to work so much that he hardly has any time to spend with Donna, who is throwing a party at her house with the gang while her parents are gone on vacation. She invites Eric, but he politely declines, because he has work. Boy! Eric needs to skip work once in a while! If I was him, I'd just...say, well, hell with work! Why work when I can fool around with the hot neighbor girl while her parents are gone? And then, there is an occasion when she asks Eric to see if a bikini she bought fits her, but he still has to decline because of work. How lame! I'd skip work, or at least decide to be late! Donna is hotter than she is given credit for; it's mostly by Jackie, but whatever. So Eric eventually quits the job when it becomes too much on his social life, which is a good decision, if he wants to have hope with a relationship with Donna. But, by the time he gets to her house, Bob and Midge come back early; if I were him, I'd be pissed. That would have to be aggravating, to Eric. FINALLY! I have quit my job! Now I have time to spend with Donna alone! And then her parents are there. *bangs head against brick wall*