That '70s Show

Eric's Depression

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Sep 26, 2001 on FOX

• superb

what i liked- the Sprouse Twins (Dylan and Cole, the twins from The Suite Life series) guest starring, Hyde telling the worker at Funland to kill himself, Fez saying it is good that Eric wasn't going, because he would have 'sucked the fun out of funland, and then it would be called land land', Hyde comparing Kelso's intelligence to that of a dog, Red trying to cheer Eric up, and denying that he lied when that girl broke up with him, amongst other things.

good episode. it's not perfect but it was pretty good, in terms of humor and plot, so my final grade is going to be a B- or so, i think is fair

• Eric is depressed and Kelso gets lost in Funland

I thought that this was a great episode of "That 70s Show". It wasn't the funniest episode I've seen but it was great to watch. Eric staying in bed depressed after breaking up with Donna was pretty good. It was very funny when Hyde, Kelso, and Fez try to get Eric out of bed, then the three of them sit in Eric's bed, and then they leave to Funland without Eric... haha that was funny. The way Eric looks depressed in this episode was very funny. The Funland scenes were a little more funnier to me though. I thought it was hilarious that Kelso is lost in Funland. Also, Tom Kenny (voice of "SpongeBob SquarePants") guest starred in this episode as Woofy the Dog (the Funland character). It was hilarious when Woofy the Dog is being happy and Hyde threatens to beat him up if he doesn't shut up was very funny. All of the Funland scenes made me hilarious. The only things I didn't like in this episode was Kelso being lost with those little annoying kids (who happen to be Dylan Sprouse and Cole Sprouse as very young kids) and I didn't like how Red wasn't even being caring about Eric's depression and all he does is just yell at him. It was good that Red talked to Eric about his break up and Red made Eric somehow feel a little better in the end which kind of made up for what he did. Overall, not my favorite episode of "That 70s Show" but it was overall great. 8.5/10

Another great episode of That 70s Show, that's definitely not surprising considering this is season 4, the peak of creative writing for the That 70s Show writers. We got another episode with a great balance of humor and drama. From Red & Eric having a heart to heart to Kelso getting lost at Fun Land, it was a perfect balance!

The confrontation between Eric & Donna is probably what we've been waiting for months, considering in the last episode, everything was dream sequence, this is the real aftermath of Eric & Donna's breakup. Red looking back on his first breakup was absolutely hilarious, probably the funniest part of the episode.

Although the Sprouse twins aren't my favorite actors, there were harmless kids here, and their presence was quite funny. Fun Land's "mascot" was also very funny. From hitting on Jackie to "Fun o' Clock," it was hysterical. Great episode of That 70s Show tonight, no doubt about it.
  • I really like this episode.

I love this episode but it sucked cause eric was hardly in it but did u know that zack and cody from suite life of zack and cody is in this episode and there really funny and there really small and i really dont like there hair like that this episode is stil cool.
  • Kelso gets lost at funland no suprise there, but Red was nice to Eric. didn't see that comin'.

7.6
    There's not much to say about this episode. It's funny though Kelso got lost and tortured by Timmy and Tommy. Which was funny. Eric had to do yard work. Saw Donna. It's great. Red and Eric went to a bar and Red was actually kinda nice to him it's a wonderful life. So what else is there. Hyde got made at the funland dog and there were a bunch of barbor shop singers singing its always fun o clock in fun land.Eric had depression was an average episode some good stuff some bad stuff a little of both of well they can't all be great
  • Kelso gets lost at Funland

This would have made a much better season opener than the one chosen for season four but beggars can’t be choosers and it is definitely good enough to stand on its own without the hype of a season premiere with hilarious scenes, twice as funny as the previous episode.

The lame Funland visit is fantastic, Kelso getting lost and going to the Lost and Found since he lost his friends so they’re bound to show up and the incredibly annoying dog-costumed employee which Hyde especially taking an instant disliking to.

The episode also shows Eric take the first step in getting over Donna, Red’s scenes and attitude being a terrific response.

Overall, this is one episode that fans should definitely watch, especially if they’ve seen the season three finale.