That '70s Show Forums

FOX (ended 2006)

Do we REALLY like Jackie with Hyde?

yawaog

[21]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 10
    I liked Jackie with Steven because they're both kind of shallow. They're shallow together
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

crzza

[22]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 49
    I liked Jackie and Fez better.

DarkShadow_23

[23]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    ^ So did I.

WMism

[24]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 5
    I liked the show in the beginning when they weren't together but when theyt got together I LOVED it, they were so perfect for each other all though it may not seem so to some people but you'd have to have a personality like one of theirs to really get it thats how it makes sense for me because my personality may be similar to Jackie's with some of the B**** things she does, (my little bro just recently started watching the show & said out of the blue man that B****y acts like you- rude) but I'm not that bad. But when she's with Hyde she doesn't act as *** as she does without him & he acts happier like he actually has someone to love in his life. So IMO they should've ended up together even in season 7 Hyde said that he loved her, I think the biggest mistakes the writers ever made was when instead of Hyde proposing and Hyde & Jackie getting married he came back married to that damn stripper it would've even been alright if Hyde & Jackie didn't get married & just stayed bf & gf but why the DAMN stripper??? I still can't figure it out.

jimbo_001

[25]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 56
    WMism wrote:
    I liked the show in the beginning when they weren't together but when theyt got together I LOVED it, they were so perfect for each other all though it may not seem so to some people but you'd have to have a personality like one of theirs to really get it thats how it makes sense for me because my personality may be similar to Jackie's with some of the B**** things she does, (my little bro just recently started watching the show & said out of the blue man that B****y acts like you- rude) but I'm not that bad. But when she's with Hyde she doesn't act as *** as she does without him & he acts happier like he actually has someone to love in his life. So IMO they should've ended up together even in season 7 Hyde said that he loved her, I think the biggest mistakes the writers ever made was when instead of Hyde proposing and Hyde & Jackie getting married he came back married to that damn stripper it would've even been alright if Hyde & Jackie didn't get married & just stayed bf & gf but why the DAMN stripper??? I still can't figure it out.

Because it was a funny twist. And finally put an end to the most annoying couple on the show. I watch That 70s Show to laugh not to go "aww, Jackie and Hyde love each other, blah blah blah". I never took their relationship seriously anyway, and it should have lasted half a season max, not three, and I much preferred when she was on and off with Kelso, and when she was later with Fez. One of the few good things about season 8 was that they finally broke Hyde and Jackie up (the second break-up because of Jackie's need to get married).

madsinorway

[26]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 1
    when jackie was with kelso he always cheated on her and he was stupid besides that... hyde was nicer than kelso, and he was funny.. i did not like that she was with hyde.. jackie and fez is the perfect couple...

hamcook

[27]Sep 25, 2008
    • level: 6
    I never liked Hyde much before he was with Jackie. Now he's one of my favourite characters. I like That 70s show best when they mix the comedy with some drama so I love Jackie/Hyde.

kikimarie593

[28]Sep 25, 2008
    • level: 27
    Jackie and Steven are the best couple on the show.

ritergrl

[29]Sep 28, 2008
    I never did buy the whole Jackie andHyde relationship. It started off as a rebound and then totally squished the life out of both the characters, especially Hyde. Donna and Hyde are my ultimate AU couple, so I seriously wish they'd explored that instead. Anyway, I honestly think that That 70's Show became considerably less funny when Jackie and Hyde got together. They both lost their spark which made them both such popular characters (even though I never did really like Jackie.)

serina-70

[30]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 1
    I think I like Jackie and Kelso more than Jackie and Hyde, I think Jackie and Kelso were more entertaining, she was so conceded and he was such a man whore. They just made for good entertainment.

terminoob

[31]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 17
    i like jackie/hyde but the thing i dont get is, in the veterans day ep where jackie tries to make hyde jealous with that guy, at the end jackie and hyde said that they didnt feel anything...so if they didnt feel anything when they kissed y get together after that if u no theres nothing really there?

charmed05

[32]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 15

I do like hyde the best. He was happy. Then kelso, he didn't seem to in love, nor jackie. But i guess it was cute. I dont see jackie and fez together.

charmed05

[33]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 15
    hyde was lying IMO. And Jackie, but she still liked kelso.

lalalalove

[34]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 3
    I loved Hyde and Jackie together. Hyde was always my favorite and i didnt like Jackie up until she started dating him. I thought that their opposite personalities complimented each other nicely. And after time Jackies character changed into someone I somewhat liked. It wasnt a drastic change but i think she..i dont know how to put it so ill go with matured.Yet they still complimented each other. I hated how Kelso and the random stripper (Sam) that showed up and ruined their relationship. I have a questions and opinions though. What do you think?:

1.) If Jackie admitted to Donna that she "loved" Hyde, why would she have so much trouble choosing between Hyde and Kelso?
    2.) After everything she puts Hyde throught with Kelso (not being able to choose and telling anette get off my boyfriend even though it wasnt hyde) i think it's understandable for him to assume that her and Kelso were acting a little more than friendly while she had her head on his shoulder playing with his hair after she promised not to be alone with him. He told her he cheated on her and truly was sorry. He admits he loves her! Then she says she heard all that from Kelso. However Kelso never came out and told her he had cheated. He had always been caught. So because its somewhat understandable, why was she unreasonable IMO about breaking up with him and then later insisting she loves him.
    3.) Did it seem the Hyde was more serious about the relationship with Jackie? I think so because actually admitted to loving her, he was going to propose to her, his actions were more drastic when they got into serious fights that split the two, and Jackie was the only girl he really went steady with. Jackie had Kelso and eventually Fez. And if you include Sam with Hydes relationship, then the only reason he married her was bc he went to Vegas after seeing Kelso at Jackies place naked when he was going to propose. And they ended up splitting up anyway.

Wow this is really long. If you actually read all of this, God bless you. Lol. I was bored and decided to rant a little. Woo! =)

lalalalove

[35]Oct 14, 2008
    And I know Jackie said she love him too but i think its a bigger deal with Hyde. More rare to hear it from Hyde.

Not_Lupus

[36]Oct 22, 2008

I don't know if I'm doing this right because it's my first post... and even though T7S finished ages ago, I still LOVE Jackie/Hyde!! They brought out the best in each other, I think. You could tell by the way they looked at each other that they genuinely cared for each other very much. For once, a relationship in that show didn't revolve around sex! =] lol.

But seriously, I just LOVED their relationship. It made me want to watch the show even more than I already did! I loved that they were honest with each other as well. Plus, Kelso cheated on Jackie like a million times. I loved both Hyde and Jackie as characters, so it was even better for me to see them get together. Personally, I think relationships that develop from love to hate are the best kind! The writers must have been high when they put her with Fez in the end =( It broke my heart how they suddenly seemed to just STOP liking each other, especially after everything they had been through together. It was like those three seasons when they were a couple were just thrown out the window and that their feelings never even existed.

terminoob

[37]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 17
    i think they put jackie with fez in the end because ever since fez had his first gf (patty) jackie has liked fez, even tho she didnt want to admit it, but she could never be with him because she always wanted to be with the "best" one of the group, i guess, then in the end, kelso and hyde werent options so she just went to fez by default lol

jessieangel03

[38]Nov 30, 2008

lalalalove wrote:
    1.) If Jackie admitted to Donna that she "loved" Hyde, why would she have so much trouble choosing between Hyde and Kelso? 2.) After everything she puts Hyde throught with Kelso (not being able to choose and telling anette get off my boyfriend even though it wasnt hyde) i think it's understandable for him to assume that her and Kelso were acting a little more than friendly while she had her head on his shoulder playing with his hair after she promised not to be alone with him. He told her he cheated on her and truly was sorry. He admits he loves her! Then she says she heard all that from Kelso. However Kelso never came out and told her he had cheated. He had always been caught. So because its somewhat understandable, why was she unreasonable IMO about breaking up with him and then later insisting she loves him.

It's been a while since I last watched the series so my memory of it is kinda fuzzy, but I had a few opinions on your questions and wanted to share.

1. I remember Jackie saying something along the lines of, "I need Steven, but Michael needs me." See, while I do believe Jackie once loved Kelso, I think she realized what love really was after she started dating Hyde. I think she knew she loved Hyde way more than she ever loved Kelso, because their relationship was actually real, and therefore Hyde had the power to hurt her more, and we all witnessed how bad Kelso hurt Jackie. I think she thought with Kelso, she could control him again, whereas Hyde was more of a wildcard. I honestly never thought considered it as a choice between Hyde and Kelso, but as a choice between Hyde and herself. I always felt she used Kelso as an excuse, because I truly don't think there was any chance she would have taken Kelso back.

2. First off, what do you mean by "not being able to choose"? Because if you're referring to question number one, that isn't something she put Hyde through before he cheated. If I was Hyde, I probably would have assumed the same thing, but I guess the point is Hyde should have interrupted them or talked to Jackie first. Relationships thrive on communication, which is why Hyde made absolutely the right move when he told Jackie all about it. It still didn't justify Hyde's cheating, and I think that was the point. I also don't think Jackie was completely over what Kelso did to her at this point. I don't think that means she was unfaithful to Hyde, just that when someone breaks your heart it takes time to heal. Her heart was already broken, but healing, and Hyde broke it even further. It wasn't fair for Jackie to compare to two situations, because they were completely different, but I don't blame her. I think her biggest fear was that she'd take Hyde back only to have him cheat on her again. Because even though Kelso hadn't come out and told her, he had promised it would never happen again and tried to get back with her before giving up and dating Laurie. Her concerns would never happen, but they were still valid - at least, in her frame of mind, they were.

Edited on 11/30/2008 4:34am
    Edited 2 total times.

jessieangel03

[39]Nov 30, 2008

lalalalove wrote:
    3.) Did it seem the Hyde was more serious about the relationship with Jackie? I think so because actually admitted to loving her, he was going to propose to her, his actions were more drastic when they got into serious fights that split the two, and Jackie was the only girl he really went steady with. Jackie had Kelso and eventually Fez. And if you include Sam with Hydes relationship, then the only reason he married her was bc he went to Vegas after seeing Kelso at Jackies place naked when he was going to propose. And they ended up splitting up anyway.

3. To be fair, Hyde continued his relationship with Sam in season eight. But I have mixed opinions on this – it differs from episode to episode, season to season – but, overall, I think it was pretty equal. I think Jackie is the person Hyde cared about the most, just like I think Hyde is the person Jackie cared about the most. I never took much stock into Jackie and Fez's relationship, even though I found it amusing at times, but I don't think her relationship with either Fez or Kelso should discount her feelings for Hyde.

Edited on 11/30/2008 4:49am

lalalalove

[40]Dec 3, 2008

if you were jackie would you get back together with someone who cheated on you and married a stripper? logically hyde would assume no. jackie ended up being mad at hyde (for good reason even though she was caught with kelso but 2 wrongs dont make a right apparently it makes a drunken marriage) so he got to know sam. sam and hyde never loved each other and ended up getting divorced anyway. and by that time jackie already liked fez. poor hyde he was my favorite character.