That '70s Show Forums

FOX (ended 2006)

is topher a mean guy in real life?

F1ames

[1]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 7

im just wondering if topher grace is a rude person in real life cause:

1) topher isnt loyal to the show that launched his career by deciding to leave before the show was completely over and did things he could have done while still being part of the 70s show.

2) i saw the E channel true stories documentary about the 70s show and it showed that topher was a guest for the finale of the 70s show, but after filming it, he immediately got into his car and drove away without saying good-bye to every person part of the show while ashton kutcher was emotional and sad that the show was over and remained behind with the rest of the cast.

3) ashton kutcher on the punk'd show has punked every single main member of the 70s show (wilmer valderrama numerous times) and they all signed releases allowing ashton to air them on tv except topher. the reason ashton never punkd topher is because topher stated that he would not sign the release to ashton if he was ever punked.

but why not? ashton's worked with him for years on the 70s show and being punkd is funny but not embarassing and many, many celebrities have been punked. and if every main member of 70s has been punked then why is topher being such an idiot about it. they are supposed to be friends and i just dont see why topher would publicly state that he will not give release rights to ashton before he ever got punkd.

that 70s show is awesome but wut is wrong with topher?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

j3ssiicaa

[2]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 5
    F1ames wrote:

im just wondering if topher grace is a rude person in real life cause:

1) topher isnt loyal to the show that launched his career by deciding to leave before the show was completely over and did things he could have done while still being part of the 70s show.

2) i saw the E channel true stories documentary about the 70s show and it showed that topher was a guest for the finale of the 70s show, but after filming it, he immediately got into his car and drove away without saying good-bye to every person part of the show while ashton kutcher was emotional and sad that the show was over and remained behind with the rest of the cast.

3) ashton kutcher on the punk'd show has punked every single main member of the 70s show (wilmer valderrama numerous times) and they all signed releases allowing ashton to air them on tv except topher. the reason ashton never punkd topher is because topher stated that he would not sign the release to ashton if he was ever punked.

but why not? ashton's worked with him for years on the 70s show and being punkd is funny but not embarassing and many, many celebrities have been punked. and if every main member of 70s has been punked then why is topher being such an idiot about it. they are supposed to be friends and i just dont see why topher would publicly state that he will not give release rights to ashton before he ever got punkd.

that 70s show is awesome but wut is wrong with topher?

1. Topher left the show because his contract was up, and he also had to shoot Spider Man 3 as well.

2. First off, don't believe E as much. I'm pretty sure the reason why Topher left was because he needed to be somewhere else, he's a pretty big star now. He also seems as if he wants to keep a private life. Do you blame him?

3. Even though Ashton didn't punk him doesn't mean anything. You just said yourself that Topher didn't sign any release to being punk'd. Ashton was just respecting his authority and Topher. Maybe Topher was the guy that didn't find getting punk'd funny, and he found it embaressing. Topher isn't being an idiot about anything he just doesn't want to be on cameras 24/7 and getting as much attention. Once again, he released his rights because he probably didn't want all that camera attention, and he has the right to say that he does not want to get punk'd. In my personal opinion, neither would I.

Everyone has other opinions about something. Absolutely nothing is wrong with Topher he is just a secretive actor.  

Stig14

[3]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 56
    1. Don't forget: Ashton left too, as his contract was up as well. Also, you don't know that Topher could have done the other things and done That 70s at the same time; some movies have clauses in their contracts that require the actors to be there whether they're in the scenes or not. TV shows have the same, and a person can't be in two places at once. (See any of the numerous interviews that Wil Wheaton has done about how the Star Trek:TNG guys screwed him out of a movie deal by requiring him to be on-set, even though he wasn't in the episode.)

2. Topher filmed his scenes for the final episode of That 70s ~before~ the episode was shot in front of the live audience due to his commitments with Spiderman 3. Ashton was there on the day that they filmed in front of a live audience; Topher wasn't.

3. Personally, I don't think Punk'd is funny at all. I think it's totally unoriginal, and it wasn't funny the first time around either, when it was called Candid Camera.

hamcook

[4]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 6
    1. Topher probably wanted to get on with his career. I mean seven seasons is a long time to be on a show. If you want to be a successful actor you can't just keep doing the same thing or you'll yet typecast. Ashton left too.

2. You can't believe stories like that. I haven't seen the story but for all you know he might have been just moving his car or something

3. Not wanting to be punked doesn't make him mean. Some people might say that makes him sensible.

I think you can't really call some one mean unless you know them. I don't think he sounds that mean.

On the other hand I was listening to the special features of the season 5 DVD and when Danny was talking about all the cast members he didn't mention Topher. Or maybe he did He was talking very quickly. I don't really think Topher sounds mean though.

seinfeld111690

[5]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 25
    If any of you believe that E! crap you should be ashamed of yourself

LookGuysImaBear

[6]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 2
    E True Hollywood Story always has some conflict in it. Topher could have left Sooner if he wanted. Topher Just kinda seems Serious and a No Nonsense type of guy. Im sure hes nice.

SMGslayer97

[7]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 34
    LookGuysImaBear wrote:
    E True Hollywood Story always has some conflict in it. Topher could have left Sooner if he wanted. Topher Just kinda seems Serious and a No Nonsense type of guy. Im sure hes nice.

I wouldn't put to much stock into the whole E True Hollywood stories, I mean they gotta have some drama and what not in the episodes. It would be rather dull if they didn't. That's the whole concept of the show to turn everything into drama. I'm sure the exaggerate a lot of stuff.

kirke_novak

[8]Feb 1, 2007
    • level: 9
    1) George Clooney left ER. Chris Barrie left Red Dwarf. Numerous actors left numerous shows many, many times (especially after 5 or so seasons) and it’s their right to do so.
    3) I hate Punk’d and if someone punked me, I wouldn’t allow this to be aired as well. I find shows like that unfunny, unoriginal and I’m actually proud that there is a guy out there that doesn’t want to boost his career by allowing other people to humiliate him.

Bladexen

[9]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 1
    I think alot of people just want erik to be friends with the cast, like in the tv show. I know I do, but you know real life is different, I was watching this thing on youtube or somthing (not E) and they asked Laura somthing like "So do you guys get along pretty well?" she said that they where good friends, and when they asked Topher, he said "Some times, but are relationship's arn't that strong." I forgot what it was, maybe it was VH1 or somthing, some tv show like that.

SMGslayer97

[10]Feb 13, 2007
    Bladexen wrote:
    I think alot of people just want erik to be friends with the cast, like in the tv show. I know I do, but you know real life is different, I was watching this thing on youtube or somthing (not E) and they asked Laura somthing like "So do you guys get along pretty well?" she said that they where good friends, and when they asked Topher, he said "Some times, but are relationship's arn't that strong." I forgot what it was, maybe it was VH1 or somthing, some tv show like that.

I would imagine that even in some shows where the people are good friends they aren't always best friends, I mean sometimes that's just how it works. Every single cast of all shows in the world can't be besy buds.

hamcook

[11]Feb 13, 2007
    I don't think them not being the best friends in the world makes him mean.

LookGuysImaBear

[12]Feb 14, 2007
    Ya i still kinda get the feeling hes not terribly fond of sme of the other cast mates.

MrsHouse101

[13]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 11
    Not mean, just sensible and well balenced---yeah

SMGslayer97

[14]Feb 14, 2007
    LookGuysImaBear wrote:
    Ya i still kinda get the feeling hes not terribly fond of sme of the other cast mates.

Which could just be something as simple as they didn't have much in common, doesn't mean much. I would imagine not every cast ends up being friends, as I was talking about.

Tekken_Master91

[15]Feb 15, 2007
    I bet if he would've stayed on the show, it would've lasted longer.

UlalaSpaceChan5

[16]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 9
    kirke_novak wrote:
    1) George Clooney left ER. Chris Barrie left Red Dwarf. Numerous actors left numerous shows many, many times (especially after 5 or so seasons) and it’s their right to do so.
    3) I hate Punk’d and if someone punked me, I wouldn’t allow this to be aired as well. I find shows like that unfunny, unoriginal and I’m actually proud that there is a guy out there that doesn’t want to boost his career by allowing other people to humiliate him.

yeah, thats true but by the time Clooney left, ER already had a lot of turnover, it was a CONSTANTLY changing cast even that early on That 70s Show was a core cast of people that hadn't changed since the beginning

I did hear that Topher and Danny didn't get a long too well (not from E! i think Rolling Stone or some magazine like that), so thats why Danny never really talks about him

But i think Topher was quieter, unlike everyone else on the cast, hes more of a personal person, and probably doesn't like to party like Ashton, Wilmer and the rest of them do. everyone would probably ask him if he wanted to go to a club or something, and he'd say no, so maybe they thought he didn't want to hang out with them, making him seem "mean" and impersonal.

__poi

[17]Mar 6, 2007

He probably didn't say goodbye to anyone because he already did that.  Why would he do that again?? He already had his goodbye, and why would he want to take anything away from anyone else?? 

With that said though, I have no clue if he is a bad guy or good guy, but out of most the cast id say I would think of him more of a bad guy before anyone else.

krazy4crack

[18]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 51
    kirke_novak wrote:

Zach Braff was supposed to leave after the 6th season of scrubs, but I think he agreed to do a 7th season with two conditions that of course were met.

hamcook

[19]Mar 7, 2007
    Besides it's not like he was never going to see them again

JLAItsMyLife

[20]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 1
    Topher's going to be in Spiderman 3? Cool...I had never heard that before..Does he have a big part in it?