That '70s Show Forums

FOX (ended 2006)

Jackie/Kelso or Jackie/Hyde

thefanof

[21]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 102
    Jackie and Kelso. The show jumped the shark when they broke up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

22giggles22

[22]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 3
    Jackie and Kelso

scotchex2

[23]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 10
    Yeah, Jackie and Kelso. Kelso is just funnier. Better combo.

smileybubbles08

[24]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    Jackie and Hyde. No question

dani-77

[25]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    Jackie and Kelso were perfect for each other. It's why I love the first four seasons the best. They were both selfish, conceited, and airheads. They were indeed made for each other. I never liked Jackie with Hyde.

smileybubbles08

[26]Sep 20, 2008
    Opposites attract. And I think Hyde genuinely cared about Jackie, unlike Kelso.

Not_Lupus

[27]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 5
    Jackie and Hyde for sure!! Jackie and Kelso were good for entertainment purposes, of course, but when it was time for Jackie to grow up (which she really needed to do) she needed to find someone that she could have a REAL relationship with. Kelso cheated on her all the time and had no shame in it lol. Hyde cared about her a lot and you could tell that she cared for him as well. I HATED it when the writer's broke them up. WTF?!! stupid season 8. I still can't figure out why they HAD to bring that damn skanky stripper in...

jimbo_001

[28]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 56
    Not_Lupus wrote:
    I still can't figure out why they HAD to bring that damn skanky stripper in...

Because it was funny! That's what the show is about, comedy, and hilarious twists are great. In fact, the only good thing about season 8 was that they finally ended the Jackie/Hyde relationship, which went on way too long, and should have stayed a fling that lasted half a season max. Jackie/Hyde got old fast, and both characters stopped being as funny as they used to be. Jackie and Kelso always had terrific laughs, as well as having a real relationship that you could get behind [insert innuendo here], whereas I never bought Hyde and Jackie as a couple and sighed in relief whenever they broke up, only to have them get back a few episodes later.

Fez and Jackie is more believable and a better match than Hyde and Jackie, which is why I'm glad they ended it that way (would have prefered her with Kelso, but I think that would have been next to impossible to pull off believably), despite the fact that Fez is "foreign" and Jackie shot down Fez half a dozen times in the past. It shows her growth as well as opening up the joke of Jackie going through every guy in the group.

Not_Lupus

[29]Oct 23, 2008

I know it was supposed to be funny, but many people hated it. I just think it was a waste that the writers built their relationship up like that and to just bring Sam in and destroy it all was really annoying. Sure, some others thought differently, that's fine. I Just thought it was really OOC of Hyde to stay with Sam after everything with Jackie, and like I said before, when Hyde and Jackie suddenly stopped liking each other, that was also OOC and a bit odd. I thought Sam was funny, but I just didn't like her cos she messed around with their relationship. The writers were probably trying to make a funny storyling by bringing Sam in, but it backfied on them cos of all the devoted Jackie/Hyde fans (and there were many) were angry at the stripper... so they lost more viewers than they gained.

Anyway, I still LOVE Jackie/Hyde (as you can tell by my icon lol) but I liked her with Kelso at the beginning as well, that was funny.

hamcook

[30]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    Not_Lupus wrote:

I know it was supposed to be funny, but many people hated it. I just think it was a waste that the writers built their relationship up like that and to just bring Sam in and destroy it all was really annoying. Sure, some others thought differently, that's fine. I Just thought it was really OOC of Hyde to stay with Sam after everything with Jackie, and like I said before, when Hyde and Jackie suddenly stopped liking each other, that was also OOC and a bit odd. I thought Sam was funny, but I just didn't like her cos she messed around with their relationship. The writers were probably trying to make a funny storyling by bringing Sam in, but it backfied on them cos of all the devoted Jackie/Hyde fans (and there were many) were angry at the stripper... so they lost more viewers than they gained.

Anyway, I still LOVE Jackie/Hyde (as you can tell by my icon lol) but I liked her with Kelso at the beginning as well, that was funny.

THe worst part was they made them seem like they had never gone out. I thought it was very weird for Jackie and Hyde not to try to get back together or at least be friends.

Not_Lupus

[31]Oct 31, 2008
    I know! That is exactly what I mean. It was so strange that they just acted like they had never gone out. They had been going out for three seasons and it was weird that they just STOPPED liking each other. It was very unrealistic. You could definitely tell they cared about each other, so why would they move on so fast when they never had before?

Soulwoman

[32]Nov 12, 2008
    Jackie/Hyde! They had such good chemistry together! Jackie/Kelso would definetley be second though! I don't quite understand the break-up scene in season 7 though; it just seemed like aftewards after about one ep. Jackie fell for Fez so quickly...

OhioChic

[33]Nov 14, 2008
    • level: 16
    I HATED Hyde and Jackie together. I just never liked Jackie and Kelso breaking up. Sure Kelso was stupid, but there were also many points where you could show he did love her, he just most of the time wasn't bright enough to show it. Ice Shack, Donna's Panties, and The Trials of Michael Kelso are namely three that show he does care about her.

DresserBoys

[34]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 18

Neither

The best relationship is Jackie/Donna. Jackie and Donna scene together are much better than any Kelso or Hyde had. Like I said the best episodes are ones where the guys did that thing and the girl did there. "Eric's Coverette Caper" is a good example of it

babe02

[35]Nov 28, 2008
    I really can't decide. Hyde with Jackie is adorable, funny, complex and exicting to see him finally face up to himself.
    Kelso with Jackie is like a total other person, he cares about her, and wants the best for her even if he cant help cheating on her. Neither is better. i love them both.

sweet_em

[36]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 26
    Jackie and Hyde

sushi432

[37]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 12
    Jackie and Hyde. Why does Jackie need to end up with a cheating retard or a gay hair stylist? She actually had depth with Hyde and the writers ruined the series finale by not even acknowledging some closure to that relationship. Instead, they shoved a Fez and Jackie storyline that could have been appropriate ONLY if Hyde and Jackie never got together. Hyde wanting to stay married to the stripper was out of character since nobody his age would prefer being married to someone he hardly knows as opposed to someone who spent three years with him.

Kauaimon

[38]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 16
    Jackie and Kelso was pretty funny. I like Jackie and Hyde better, thought.

krestin

[39]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 9
    Jackie/Hyde. They danced around Jackie/Kelso way too long. I honestly found their relationship boring, dull and too repeptive. There are only so many times Kelso can do something stupid and her calling it out on him. I just don't get all the love for her and Kelso.

Tweekfan323

[40]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 42
    Jackie/Hyde. I never really liked Kelso, I'm not sure why. Maybe its Ashton Kutcher I don't like, but that's beside the point... I agree with the previous post, Kelso/Jackie got pretty boring.