That '70s Show Forums

FOX (ended 2006)

season 7 was the last good one

gahzridian

[1]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 3
    after that then the last episode of the series was the last good one. that eric replacement guy was lame.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Stig14

[2]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 56
    I disagree... I think season 6 was the last good season, or possibly even season 5.

Season 7 had already jumped the shark. Eric sitting around, doing nothing and eating ice cream for breakfast? Vandalizing muffler shops? Taking up roller disco? Hmmm... not what I'd call 'good', but I see where you're going with this.

FrigginGodess

[3]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 22
    I thought Season 7 was MUCH better! And, Season 8 the only bad season. Season 8 only had one good episode, and it's Fun it.

NbRoCkEr1985

[4]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 7
    I didn't really think season 8 was too bad. It definitely wasn't on par with the other seasons, but it wasn't terrible.

Canogaparkcindy

[5]Jul 5, 2008
    • level: 49

Season 1 - 5 Stars

Season 2 - 5 Stars

Season 3 - 5 Stars

Season 4 - 4 1/2 Stars

Season 5 - 5 Stars

Season 6 - 4 Stars

Season 7 - 3 Stars

Season 8 - 4 Stars

It's weird cause I'm always trashing season 8 cause of Randy but if you look at the storyline they're WAAAAAy better than S7. S7 just wasn't the best thing. But season 8 was better, not great but better.

Edited on 07/05/2008 1:26am

jansen0

[6]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    personally i wasn't too fond of the 7th season, but i do enjoy watching any episode of That '70s Show. that being said, i like watching season 1 above all, even if some of the acting isn't the greatest. to me, that is what makes the show, and that season, so much better.

mischalover1777

[7]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    Well it's been a while since i've seen all the seasons but I think that Season 6 was the last great one although Season 7 wasn't bad, even Season 8 wasn't terrible but I guess they just didn't measure up to the firzt 6 seasons. it just wasn't the same anymore especially Season 8.
    Edited on 07/19/2008 9:21pm

HotDogFingers13

[8]Jul 21, 2008
    I agree though 8 wasn't completely awful it certainly wasn't great (or even very good), and Randy could never replace Eric.

hamcook

[9]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    I think that if I flicked on the TV and That 70s show came on (and I had never seen it before) only seasons 1-5 would make me want to watch the show. I still like seasons 6 and 7, and 8 wasn't as bad as everyone said.

GenericWit

[10]Jul 24, 2008
    jansen0 wrote:
    personally i wasn't too fond of the 7th season, but i do enjoy watching any episode of That '70s Show. that being said, i like watching season 1 above all, even if some of the acting isn't the greatest. to me, that is what makes the show, and that season, so much better.

I actually agree there. I guess part of season 1 was spent explaining the characters (and Kelso trying to break up with Jackie as stated LOL), but it felt so much nicer to me. Eric was with Donna, and while it was innocent, it was refreshing and the characters were likable to me. I mean, the show is all about Eric, Donna, and Hyde, and when Hyde moves in, it's just the nicest tv moment for me.

I think that That 70s Show had sequel-itis... to me, anyway. Like, the first season was a movie, the second season was the second movie, etc. I kinda felt like they got gradually worse.

So... if you're saying that season 7 was the last good one as in... it was *less worse* than season 8, I... guess... I'd agree?

Though to be fair, there are just some major storylines in later seasons that now annoy me... one of the biggest being them all hanging around after they graduate and doing nothing. Another being Jackie/Hyde. It feels like, ironically enough, Kelso's the one that ends up growing up the most and pissing me off least at the end.

TeemerDJ

[11]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 12
    Season 1- It was explaining the characters, like you said. It definitely isn't my favorite season, but it ABSOLUTELY isn't the worst.

Season 2 - Is where the show got a bit more loose, and crazy. I'm glad about the Jackie/Kelso/Laurie triangle, because Jackie and Kelso bored me in Season 1, to tell you the truth. This is a hilarious season

Season 3 - EVEN Better, I love the Hyde going to jail / Red's stricter rules storyline. This season is by a landslide one of my favorites.

Season 4 - I like the season, but it was a little drowned in Eric/Donna break up drama. The finale, was great, Eric telling Donna he didn't wanna be her second choice, and then Kitty calling him stupid. And then Donna and Kelso running away.

Season 5 - My FAVORITE SEASON: mainly because of all the ending Eric/Donna breakup, and also because of Hyde and Jackie together. I know most people don't like them together, but I LOVE them. Jackie and Kelso were all: JAckie walks all over KElso and Kelso cheats on her (blah blah blah). But Hyde and Jackie really balance eachother out and I love their scenes together. (personally, I think the first episode could have been made into a "That '70s Movie" Eric going to california to get donna etc. AND the season finale, where they're all going camping, is one of my favorite episodes. ERic sees his sister naked, Hyde and Kelso fighting over Jackie, Fez and Laurie getting married, the gang graduating, Red having a heart attack...

Season 6 - Downgraded from Season 5, but it isn't a bad season. I love the scene where Eric decides he has to stay in Point Place. I love all the Fez/Red scenes the season b/c he's married to Laurie. Hyde and Jackie didn't have 1 problem at all. And the best thing of all...Kelso is having a baby!!!! Season 7 - It is a great season. Unlike the other person, I liked having Eric being a lazy bum this season, it was his storyline...doing nothing, (I especially love the roller disco episode). Donna's a blonde now, Kelso has a baby, and HYDE HAS A BLACK FATHER!!!!!!!! The Angie/Kelso relationship I could've gone either way, but it was a fun season. The only thing I didn't like about this season was the Hyde/Jackie breakup storyline, I HATED that they broke up, and I didn't really like that Fez didn't have a storyline for the WHOLE Season.

Season 8 - It just didn't feel like That '70s Show anymore. Eric's gone, Kelso left for Chicago, this idiot Randy came in to replace them (and yes I'm a Randy-hater, he's just SOOOO annoying). I hated that Hyde and Jackie didn't get back together, and Hyde just stayed married to Sam the stripper. Jackie just didn't seem like Jackie this season, and even though the Jackie/Fez relationship came out of the blue, she had good reason to fall inlove with him, but I didn't get why Fez said "he always loved Jackie" I mean, he hit on her the whole show before just like he does with EVERY Other woman on the show, I NEVER got the feeling that he was inlove with her. Basically, this season just didn't feel the same anymore. But, I love That '70s Finale

frusciante28

[12]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 1
    7 was okayy, but 8 was just not good. They HAD to keep the show going even after Topher and Ashton were leaving, the show just wasnt the same without them. they should have found a good way to end the show instead of limping on without two of their best characters and proceeding to kill everything. its not just what happened with jackie and hyde and fez, but how they went about it. it just wasnt believable. but thats JMO.

GenericWit

[13]Jul 30, 2008

TeemerDJ wrote:
    Season 3 - EVEN Better, I love the Hyde going to jail / Red's stricter rules storyline. This season is by a landslide one of my favorites. Season 4 - I like the season, but it was a little drowned in Eric/Donna break up drama.

Season 5 - My FAVORITE SEASON: mainly because of all the ending Eric/Donna breakup, and also because of Hyde and Jackie together. I know most people don't like them together, but I LOVE them. Jackie and Kelso were all: JAckie walks all over KElso and Kelso cheats on her (blah blah blah). But Hyde and Jackie really balance eachother out and I love their scenes together.

Yeah, season three was awesome, and season 4 did drown in Eric/Donna break up drama especially with all the Casey stuff.

Season 5... LOL. What I wanted to point out here was that you said most people don't like them together, but it's more like that I'm starting to stir up why people like them so much and have valid reasons for not liking them. I think there's a poll here that has people putting Jackie and Hyde as a couple in a landslide victory. Jackie and Hyde don't balance each other out. They're both dominant personalities and they're constantly feuding for control... thought I'd point that out and leave it there before I go on spamming anti Jackie/Hyde everywhere.

But umm... Season 7 to some extent was actually suffering from relationship drama too that I think about it... why I was a little bored.

DarkShadow_23

[14]Aug 19, 2008
    Season 6 was the last good one. Seasons 7 and 8 weren't very good.

zsquared888

[15]Aug 19, 2008
    TeemerDJ wrote:
    Season 1- It was explaining the characters, like you said. It definitely isn't my favorite season, but it ABSOLUTELY isn't the worst.

Season 2 - Is where the show got a bit more loose, and crazy. I'm glad about the Jackie/Kelso/Laurie triangle, because Jackie and Kelso bored me in Season 1, to tell you the truth. This is a hilarious season

Season 3 - EVEN Better, I love the Hyde going to jail / Red's stricter rules storyline. This season is by a landslide one of my favorites.

Season 4 - I like the season, but it was a little drowned in Eric/Donna break up drama. The finale, was great, Eric telling Donna he didn't wanna be her second choice, and then Kitty calling him stupid. And then Donna and Kelso running away.

Season 5 - My FAVORITE SEASON: mainly because of all the ending Eric/Donna breakup, and also because of Hyde and Jackie together. I know most people don't like them together, but I LOVE them. Jackie and Kelso were all: JAckie walks all over KElso and Kelso cheats on her (blah blah blah). But Hyde and Jackie really balance eachother out and I love their scenes together. (personally, I think the first episode could have been made into a "That '70s Movie" Eric going to california to get donna etc. AND the season finale, where they're all going camping, is one of my favorite episodes. ERic sees his sister naked, Hyde and Kelso fighting over Jackie, Fez and Laurie getting married, the gang graduating, Red having a heart attack...

Season 6 - Downgraded from Season 5, but it isn't a bad season. I love the scene where Eric decides he has to stay in Point Place. I love all the Fez/Red scenes the season b/c he's married to Laurie. Hyde and Jackie didn't have 1 problem at all. And the best thing of all...Kelso is having a baby!!!! Season 7 - It is a great season. Unlike the other person, I liked having Eric being a lazy bum this season, it was his storyline...doing nothing, (I especially love the roller disco episode). Donna's a blonde now, Kelso has a baby, and HYDE HAS A BLACK FATHER!!!!!!!! The Angie/Kelso relationship I could've gone either way, but it was a fun season. The only thing I didn't like about this season was the Hyde/Jackie breakup storyline, I HATED that they broke up, and I didn't really like that Fez didn't have a storyline for the WHOLE Season.

Season 8 - It just didn't feel like That '70s Show anymore. Eric's gone, Kelso left for Chicago, this idiot Randy came in to replace them (and yes I'm a Randy-hater, he's just SOOOO annoying). I hated that Hyde and Jackie didn't get back together, and Hyde just stayed married to Sam the stripper. Jackie just didn't seem like Jackie this season, and even though the Jackie/Fez relationship came out of the blue, she had good reason to fall inlove with him, but I didn't get why Fez said "he always loved Jackie" I mean, he hit on her the whole show before just like he does with EVERY Other woman on the show, I NEVER got the feeling that he was inlove with her. Basically, this season just didn't feel the same anymore. But, I love That '70s Finale

oh my gosh i agree with EVERY thing said here!!! i mean i completely agree and its pissing me off how bad they messed up the story line in season 8. like i also really like jackie and hyde and them breading up and hydes marrieage pissed me off... i COMPLETELY agree

Grey90

[16]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 10
    I actually sort of like Randy, I just don't like him with Donna. I liked season eight, and season seven, I liked all of the seasons. Season eight explored a little, yes, but it stayed on track, and we got to see a lot of Red and Kitty, and that's not a problem. And, in season eight, Fez got a lot of storylines. The only complaint I have about season eight is Fez and Jackie, I always liked Hyde and Jackie together, and I really don't understand why they broke up. Sam was pretty funny, but her acting was a little stale.

Doggett75

[17]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 5
    It's weird but, Season eight was the first season I saw. The first episode of the show I saw was the two part finale when it orignally aired. Then I saw the rest of that season and from their started to see the better episodes of the show. I saw the seasons in this orde: 8,6,7,1,2,3,4,5. Now I seen about every episode. Season eight wasn't bad but, everyother season is much better.

zimba05

[18]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 12
    gahzridian wrote:
    after that then the last episode of the series was the last good one. that eric replacement guy was lame.

Oh yeah...

kikimarie593

[19]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 27

zsquared888 wrote:
    TeemerDJ wrote:
    Season 1- It was explaining the characters, like you said. It definitely isn't my favorite season, but it ABSOLUTELY isn't the worst. Season 2 - Is where the show got a bit more loose, and crazy. I'm glad about the Jackie/Kelso/Laurie triangle, because Jackie and Kelso bored me in Season 1, to tell you the truth. This is a hilarious season Season 3 - EVEN Better, I love the Hyde going to jail / Red's stricter rules storyline. This season is by a landslide one of my favorites. Season 4 - I like the season, but it was a little drowned in Eric/Donna break up drama. The finale, was great, Eric telling Donna he didn't wanna be her second choice, and then Kitty calling him stupid. And then Donna and Kelso running away. Season 5 - My FAVORITE SEASON: mainly because of all the ending Eric/Donna breakup, and also because of Hyde and Jackie together. I know most people don't like them together, but I LOVE them. Jackie and Kelso were all: JAckie walks all over KElso and Kelso cheats on her (blah blah blah). But Hyde and Jackie really balance eachother out and I love their scenes together. (personally, I think the first episode could have been made into a "That '70s Movie" Eric going to california to get donna etc. AND the season finale, where they're all going camping, is one of my favorite episodes. ERic sees his sister naked, Hyde and Kelso fighting over Jackie, Fez and Laurie getting married, the gang graduating, Red having a heart attack... Season 6 - Downgraded from Season 5, but it isn't a bad season. I love the scene where Eric decides he has to stay in Point Place. I love all the Fez/Red scenes the season b/c he's married to Laurie. Hyde and Jackie didn't have 1 problem at all. And the best thing of all...Kelso is having a baby!!!! Season 7 - It is a great season. Unlike the other person, I liked having Eric being a lazy bum this season, it was his storyline...doing nothing, (I especially love the roller disco episode). Donna's a blonde now, Kelso has a baby, and HYDE HAS A BLACK FATHER!!!!!!!! The Angie/Kelso relationship I could've gone either way, but it was a fun season. The only thing I didn't like about this season was the Hyde/Jackie breakup storyline, I HATED that they broke up, and I didn't really like that Fez didn't have a storyline for the WHOLE Season. Season 8 - It just didn't feel like That '70s Show anymore. Eric's gone, Kelso left for Chicago, this idiot Randy came in to replace them (and yes I'm a Randy-hater, he's just SOOOO annoying). I hated that Hyde and Jackie didn't get back together, and Hyde just stayed married to Sam the stripper. Jackie just didn't seem like Jackie this season, and even though the Jackie/Fez relationship came out of the blue, she had good reason to fall inlove with him, but I didn't get why Fez said "he always loved Jackie" I mean, he hit on her the whole show before just like he does with EVERY Other woman on the show, I NEVER got the feeling that he was inlove with her. Basically, this season just didn't feel the same anymore. But, I love That '70s Finale
    oh my gosh i agree with EVERY thing said here!!! i mean i completely agree and its pissing me off how bad they messed up the story line in season 8. like i also really like jackie and hyde and them breading up and hydes marrieage pissed me off... i COMPLETELY agree

Yeah, I also agree with absolutely everything you said. Espcially about Jackie and Steven. They were the perfect couple in my opinion. I also hate Randy.

luv70s

[20]Nov 7, 2011
    • level: 4

S 1-5 (five my fav) was the best of the series. s6 was ok, but you could tell there was some behind drama, s7 was alright but pissed me off after I heard about how they destroyed Toph's character (which I still do not forgive) and I don't even consider s8 part of the series at all! I hate this show because of what happened in the end and how they completely destroyed Eric even inabsence!