That '70s Show Forums

FOX (ended 2006)

That 70's Movie??

WMism

[1]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 5

Does anyone else think that they should do a movie that sums it all up like they did with growing pains, one where we see Eric & Donna married, Hyde & Jackie back together & married too & see what happens with Kelso & Fez? I really want them to make a movie mainly because I want to see Hyde & Jackie get back together they were such a great fit.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

addict666

[2]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 45
    I think that would be great because things were really left open at the end and I think Jackie and Hyde should of been together at the end and Eric/Donna really needed a more definite conclusion

WMism

[3]Sep 4, 2008
    Is there something we can do to help the producers decide to make a movie?

Doggett75

[4]Sep 5, 2008
    No, it ended good enough, their is no reason for a movie. Yes they did leave option for it but, I'm pretty sure everyone else is moving on. Evan if you got the producers it doesn't mean you'll get the cast.

kikimarie593

[5]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 27
    I think we should at least try to get them to make a movie. I bet a lot of people would go see it.

exterminator25

[6]Sep 5, 2008
    i would. i wasn't a big supporterfor hyde and jackie, i prefered seeing fez finally get jackie

dungeonpwner

[7]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 2
    Nah.

EdFan101

[8]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 21
    dude i was just thinking of there being a movie.i hope that the characters do tons of wacky stupid things like they always do

Doggett75

[9]Sep 6, 2008

kikimarie593 wrote:
    I think we should at least try to get them to make a movie. I bet a lot of people would go see it.

To be fair, to mean that doesn't mean much. It would just be another profit for Fox. Look That 70s show is my favorite sitcom but, a movie worries me. season 8 was bad because no Eric and not great writing. Also Randy and no Kelso. Anyway, I don't want a movie if it doesn't do the series justice. Examples Simpsons and recent X-Files.

If a movie did happen it would need to be somewhere in 84 or 86. (if it starts in 84, that would be the same year the crappy That 80s Show started). If not Donna would probably still be in collage. Remember she was leaving for collage at the end of the show. Also, Bob would be in Florida. Randy might be in it. Couple problems already.

kikimarie593

[10]Sep 6, 2008
    Doggett75 wrote:

kikimarie593 wrote:

To be fair, to mean that doesn't mean much. It would just be another profit for Fox. Look That 70s show is my favorite sitcom but, a movie worries me. season 8 was bad because no Eric and not great writing. Also Randy and no Kelso. Anyway, I don't want a movie if it doesn't do the series justice. Examples Simpsons and recent X-Files.

If a movie did happen it would need to be somewhere in 84 or 86. (if it starts in 84, that would be the same year the crappy That 80s Show started). If not Donna would probably still be in collage. Remember she was leaving for collage at the end of the show. Also, Bob would be in Florida. Randy might be in it. Couple problems already.

You made some really points. The Simpsons Movie was pretty bad. Also, I would hate to see Randy in the movie. He was my least favorite character. Plus they couldn't call it That '70s Movie if if took place in the 80s.

Lou-e70s

[11]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 1
    get a petition to fox, asking them to consider making a movie. IM unsure if the cast would reunite for it tho.

serina-70

[12]Sep 11, 2008
    I think this would be great. I'd like to see them all together in real life too, maybe do an interview or just interact between each other. seems as though they got along great on the show.

flyers8228836

[13]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 2
    Doggett75 wrote:

kikimarie593 wrote:

Great points made. I think they could pull off a movie and I would love for it to happen. Think about this, it would be summer of 81. Eric and Donna after a couple of months of an on and off relationship, try dating again. Jackie is with Fez, but still has feelings for Hyde. Kelso would stop by, Bob could come back for the summer and Donna wouldn't have any school for the summer. It would be perfect. I'm going to come up with a plot for this idea actually. The movie has to have these things also included:

1. At least a couple more Red foot in ass isms
    2. A couple moments in the circle- with the whole gang
    3. Leo and Laurie making appearences
    4. Hyde's sister Angie stopping through Wisconsin, so she visits the gang

What about all that? Of course Eric would have to be in it, No Randy if Eric is their. Besides, Randy was horrible and no one liked him on the show to begin with lol.

e30mily

[14]Sep 14, 2008
    Will be nice if it had ALL the ORIGINAL cast members,and I want to see Eric with Donna back as a couple...and not in an implied way.
    but please without Randy!thanks.

Doggett75

[15]Sep 15, 2008
    flyers8228836 wrote:
    Doggett75 wrote:

kikimarie593 wrote:

Great points made. I think they could pull off a movie and I would love for it to happen. Think about this, it would be summer of 81. Eric and Donna after a couple of months of an on and off relationship, try dating again. Jackie is with Fez, but still has feelings for Hyde. Kelso would stop by, Bob could come back for the summer and Donna wouldn't have any school for the summer. It would be perfect. I'm going to come up with a plot for this idea actually. The movie has to have these things also included: 1. At least a couple more Red foot in ass isms 2. A couple moments in the circle- with the whole gang 3. Leo and Laurie making appearences 4. Hyde's sister Angie stopping through Wisconsin, so she visits the gang What about all that? Of course Eric would have to be in it, No Randy if Eric is their. Besides, Randy was horrible and no one liked him on the show to begin with lol.

That would be nice but, It won't happen. You also have no real proof that Randy won't be in it. Fans hate him but, doesn't mean the writers do. Plus movies off TV shows, usually never do the series justice.

EdFan101

[16]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 21
    they could make the movie take place with the characters in college kinda like animal house

kikimarie593

[17]Sep 21, 2008
    Maybe since the actors don't look much older than they did when they first started the show, the movie can take place before the show even began. Like, it could take place in 1975 or something. We could see what their lives were like before the show. That way Randy can't be in it and it would take place in the '70s instead of the '80s.

Doggett75

[18]Sep 21, 2008
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    Maybe since the actors don't look much older than they did when they first started the show, the movie can take place before the show even began. Like, it could take place in 1975 or something. We could see what their lives were like before the show. That way Randy can't be in it and it would take place in the '70s instead of the '80s.

The only problem with that is that it wouldn't answer anything. Plus we wouldn't have Eric and Donna and Eric wouldn't have the vista cruiser. Some of the actors aswell do look older from the pilot.

Oh and EDFan101, Kelso could never get into college, so that idea is out.
    Edited on 09/21/2008 1:13pm

terminoob

[19]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 17
    i would like to see a movie, but since at the end of the last ep it was never actually said that eric and donna got back together (all tho it was implied) i would like to see randy appear and him and eric have a fight over who shld get back together with donna (btw, did any1 else notice that in the last ep randy only had one line then mysteriously disappeared?) if jackie and hyde were to get back together, then would that mean jackie would cheat on fez with hyde? or would fez realize he doesnt belong with jackie and break up with her so she can be with hyde/kelso?

madsinorway

[20]Sep 24, 2008
    i don't think a movie would be so sucsefull. it would be so much better with a new season. when i saw the last episode in season 8 i was so sad, it was and will always be the funniest show ever made.