That '70s Show Forums

FOX (ended 2006)

That '90s Show?

  • Avatar of JannyNJiberty

    JannyNJiberty

    [1]Dec 2, 2007
    • member since: 08/09/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,693
    Would you like a That '90s Show? Who would be on it? What kind of storylines would be on it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Stig14

    Stig14

    [2]Dec 2, 2007
    • member since: 07/12/05
    • level: 56
    • rank: Texas Ranger
    • posts: 2,521
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'who would be on it?'... are you talking about a sort of '20 years later That 70s Show'?

    If that is the case, then this is bordering on fanfic, which is not allowed in this forum.

    Please clarify.
    Stig
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JannyNJiberty

    JannyNJiberty

    [3]Dec 2, 2007
    • member since: 08/09/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,693
    nevermin d about the who would be in it. Just what do you think about a That '90s Show with like a whole different cast.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jansen0

    jansen0

    [4]Dec 4, 2007
    • member since: 08/14/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 135
    probably would be a flop similar to that '80s show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JannyNJiberty

    JannyNJiberty

    [5]Dec 4, 2007
    • member since: 08/09/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,693
    jansen0 wrote:
    probably would be a flop similar to that '80s show.


    i don't know, i think it would be kind of cool. Everyone who grew up in the 90's would remember this great decade.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of winkipop69

    winkipop69

    [6]Dec 5, 2007
    • member since: 03/31/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,502
    I dont think it would be any good. It would be like any other tv show. Theres nothing special about the 90's.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of j3ssiicaa

    j3ssiicaa

    [7]Dec 6, 2007
    • member since: 11/26/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 1,243
    winkipop69 wrote:
    I dont think it would be any good. It would be like any other tv show. Theres nothing special about the 90's.
    The 90's sucked. Well from what I remember.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JannyNJiberty

    JannyNJiberty

    [8]Dec 6, 2007
    • member since: 08/09/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,693
    j3ssiicaa wrote:
    winkipop69 wrote:
    I dont think it would be any good. It would be like any other tv show. Theres nothing special about the 90's.
    The 90's sucked. Well from what I remember.


    I liked it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of exterminator25

    exterminator25

    [9]Dec 11, 2007
    • member since: 08/08/07
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 2,554
    Maybe make it about the gang making it 20 years after that 70s show. I would like to see if fez and jackie are still togther and if donna got back with eric.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dude6363

    dude6363

    [10]Dec 11, 2007
    • member since: 11/30/05
    • level: 60
    • rank: Grape Ape
    • posts: 1,827
    No, this isn't a good idea. The 90s were uneventful and stifled by conformty, unlike the 70s. Thank god this isn't a real show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alibeth25

    alibeth25

    [11]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 09/16/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 630
    I wouldn't like it either. I did like That 80s Show. And hated that it was taken off the air. I don't think a That's 90s Show would be worth watching. Nothing really happened during that decade. And by the way, the music sucked from that decade. You just can't beat the music from the 70s.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of crashingdoors

    crashingdoors

    [12]Jan 1, 2008
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 343
    A period show about the 90s would be terrible. Sure, I love "Rocco's Modern Life" as much as anyone else, I loved Goldeneye... but other than a few other awesome kids shows, there's nothing really significant about the 90s to make a period show about it. At least not this soon after the 90s. Who knows, maybe in 20 years, people will all find a new love for boy bands and crappy fashion... I think with where everyone is at right now... we're sick to death of Clinton jokes, which would probably be a big part of a "That 90s Show".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spears5

    spears5

    [13]Jan 18, 2008
    • member since: 04/02/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 384

    I reckon it'd be a great idea for that '90s show to be made. Ireally would like to see the gang 20 years later, wonder who'd play them? It'd be cool to see Kelso's daughter turn into a kelso clone. Or would she be more like Brooke? Also not to bring another tv show up, but The Simpsons is doing an episode called that '90s show. But you all probably knew that already.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of motleylil

    motleylil

    [14]Jan 27, 2008
    • member since: 03/02/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 971
    Maybe a one-off That 70's Show special showing everyone 20 years later would be good, but not an entire series. There was nothing very special about the 90's.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JannyNJiberty

    JannyNJiberty

    [15]Jan 27, 2008
    • member since: 08/09/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,693

    motleylil wrote:
    Maybe a one-off That 70's Show special showing everyone 20 years later would be good, but not an entire series. There was nothing very special about the 90's.

    very true, but I still love the 90s

    Edited on 01/27/2008 8:53pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FriendsSvuLost8

    FriendsSvuLost8

    [16]Jan 28, 2008
    • member since: 01/06/07
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 2,704
    JannyNJiberty wrote:

    motleylil wrote:
    Maybe a one-off That 70's Show special showing everyone 20 years later would be good, but not an entire series. There was nothing very special about the 90's.

    very true, but I still love the 90s



    Yeah me too but I don't think a 90s show would be as great as a 70s show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jimmy_the_pipe

    jimmy_the_pipe

    [17]Feb 2, 2008
    • member since: 07/21/05
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 661

    In the future, like 5 or 10 years from now, I could see it. It would be a different cast and different characters, living in the conforming, I-don't-care-90s, when grunge was booming and backstreet boys roamed the earth. Tamagotchis, Snes and N64, the first Iraq war and the first Trade Center bombing, not to mention extasy, ginos, techno, Kurt Cobain's "suicide", Chris Farley's OD, and BS still wearing her Catholic-school-girl uniform.
    *Britney Spears

    But if they made the show tomorrow, it wouldn't be popular. Nostalgia needs time to grow, and not enough time has passed.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bliarxoxo

    bliarxoxo

    [18]Feb 3, 2008
    • member since: 11/10/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,350
    thats 90'sshow would be cool
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JannyNJiberty

    JannyNJiberty

    [19]Feb 4, 2008
    • member since: 08/09/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,693
    jimmy_the_pipe wrote:

    In the future, like 5 or 10 years from now, I could see it. It would be a different cast and different characters, living in the conforming, I-don't-care-90s, when grunge was booming and backstreet boys roamed the earth. Tamagotchis, Snes and N64, the first Iraq war and the first Trade Center bombing, not to mention extasy, ginos, techno, Kurt Cobain's "suicide", Chris Farley's OD, and BS still wearing her Catholic-school-girl uniform.
    *Britney Spears

    But if they made the show tomorrow, it wouldn't be popular. Nostalgia needs time to grow, and not enough time has passed.



    yeah maybe in like 2015 or something
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dude6363

    dude6363

    [20]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 11/30/05
    • level: 60
    • rank: Grape Ape
    • posts: 1,827

    crashingdoors wrote:
    I think with where everyone is at right now... we're sick to death of Clinton jokes, which would probably be a big part of a "That 90s Show".

    God, so true. We still can't escape stained-blue-dress jokes *ugh*. It happened like 10 years ago people, grow up! Yes, yes, we all got a real giggle when you showed up to the office party on halloween with a strained-blue-dress, IN 1999! But this was 2, almost 3, presidental terms ago. Were not making jokes about Carter anymore are we? No, because you'd sound like an old idiot. But I guess i'm only fueling the fire, i'm editor for Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinksy :9 Best reason to retire from those guides lol!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.