That '70s Show Forums

FOX (ended 2006)

Topher Grace, what the hell?

Codeguru

[1]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 6

I know this is a bit late but why did he leave the show to be a minor character on spiderman 3? The way they wrote Venom's part he was almost non existant. From my stand point, he left the show, committed career suicide, and took the show with him. Either that or he saw the end of the show coming and jumped ship. Kind of bad when the main character leaves like that after 7 years, doesn't matter who replaced him, the show was screwed...

Codeguru

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

13_Candles

[2]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 7
    I agree completely. And I didn't like the "Going To Africa" as a cover story, neither.

kikimarie593

[3]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 27
    I really wish he didn't leave the show, because season 8 sucked without him. But I am glad that he was in Spiderman 3, becasue I love the Spiderman movies and him being in one of them only made it better.

13_Candles

[4]Feb 24, 2009
    According to codeguru, Topher didn't play a big part in the movie.

kikimarie593

[5]Feb 24, 2009
    Technically he wasn't one of the main characters, but his part was still very important. I wouldn't really call it a small part though, I mean after all he played Venom and got to fight Spiderman. Plus, Spiderman is a major movie and probably increased his fanbase.

13_Candles

[6]Feb 24, 2009
    Major movie but stupid movie IMAO.

kikimarie593

[7]Feb 24, 2009
    Aw, I love the Spiderman movies. But that's okay that you don't, none of my friends like them either.

Codeguru

[8]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 6

The main point of the movie was the black suit saga, almost nothing about venom compared to the way he's been covered in multiple cartoons and the comics. The other two movies it was always about spiderman and the bad guy. This time it was about spider man, sandman, green goblin and venom. It was way too busy...

Codeguru

kikimarie593

[9]Mar 18, 2009

I still think he had a big part in the movie. And there was all that stuff about him trying to take Peter's job and being the new favorite there. I actually wish he hadn't died at the end, so he could be in the next movie.

So, although I'm sad that he left That '70s Show, it's okay with me because I'm happy with whatever he does. I still love him and I always will. Nothing will change that for me.

13_Candles

[10]Mar 18, 2009
    Once I watched a lot of episodes, I've began to notice that nearly every episode, Eric is apologizing to Donna for being stupid and I have no idea why Donna keeps on forgiving him. (if that has anything to do with this topic)

kikimarie593

[11]Mar 18, 2009

^As long as you're still on the topic of That '70s Show, then I guess it doesn't really matter. Lol.

I still support Eric and I think after he dumped Donna he should have never taken her back. And then he broke up with her again! IMO pretty much every fight they had that Eric apologized, I think he was apologizing for nothing. Donna's just too pushy for him and tried to turn him into something he's not.

13_Candles

[12]Mar 20, 2009
    kikimarie593 wrote:

^As long as you're still on the topic of That '70s Show, then I guess it doesn't really matter. Lol.

I still support Eric and I think after he dumped Donna he should have never taken her back. And then he broke up with her again! IMO pretty much every fight they had that Eric apologized, I think he was apologizing for nothing. Donna's just too pushy for him and tried to turn him into something he's not.

What you just mentioned was what Jackie was doing too much of in Seasons 1 and 2. Yeah I didn't really like when Eric took the year off. Like he said, in that year, everybody seemed to get ahead of him lifewise. He also acted like a dork a lot during the span.

kikimarie593

[13]Mar 21, 2009
    13_Candles wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

What you just mentioned was what Jackie was doing too much of in Seasons 1 and 2. Yeah I didn't really like when Eric took the year off. Like he said, in that year, everybody seemed to get ahead of him lifewise. He also acted like a dork a lot during the span.

Yeah, I know that Jackie did that to Michael in the first few seasons, but looked where their relationship ended up. And Eric is a dork, but he's a cool dork.

13_Candles

[14]Mar 21, 2009
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    13_Candles wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

Yeah, I know that Jackie did that to Michael in the first few seasons, but looked where their relationship ended up. And Eric is a dork, but he's a cool dork.

It ended with Kelso nearly burning Jackie's house down.

kikimarie593

[15]Mar 21, 2009
    13_Candles wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    13_Candles wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

I meant that he cheated on her. But yes, he did almost burn her house down too.

13_Candles

[16]Mar 21, 2009
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    13_Candles wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    13_Candles wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

How many girls did he cheat on while also dating her? Pam Macy and Laurie, anyone else?

kikimarie593

[17]Mar 22, 2009
    13_Candles wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    13_Candles wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    13_Candles wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

How many girls did he cheat on while also dating her? Pam Macy and Laurie, anyone else?

Those are the 2 main ones he cheated on her with, but once when they were in the circle he said that he was also with some other girls on the side. He didn't say who, though. So we don't actually know how many girls he was with at the same time he was with Jackie, but I'm guessing it was a lot.

13_Candles

[18]Mar 22, 2009
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    13_Candles wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    13_Candles wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    13_Candles wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

Those are the 2 main ones he cheated on her with, but once when they were in the circle he said that he was also with some other girls on the side. He didn't say who, though. So we don't actually know how many girls he was with at the same time he was with Jackie, but I'm guessing it was a lot.

I would guess that too.

Doggo1988

[19]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 8
    I still liked the eighth season. It was funny enough because Fez took over a lot of the slack. Sure, they shouldn't have done it without Eric and Kelso, but they did a good job considering the circumstances.

baskok

[20]Jul 3, 2009
    • level: 9

I wish Eric said to Donna after another meaningless fight : I have had enough of your wining. I am moving to Africa because then i'll finally be rid of you.

I would have understood it.

Not at anytime in the show you could just relax and sit back to watch two people fall in love. Why all the miss-communications? The lack of openness to each-other? Seasons long the same old thing.