We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

That '70s Show Forums

FOX (ended 2006)

who should Jackie have ended up with?

who should Jackie have ended up with?

bears1706

[1]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 6
    i think that Jackie should have ended up with hyde
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Stig14

[2]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 56
    Because????

Please remember that the forum is for discussion; you've already added the poll, so for anyone to vote, then repeat their vote, well, that's not really necessary, is it?

Saying ~why~ you voted the way you did, now, that's a discussion.

j3ssiicaa

[3]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 5
    I agree, Jackie and Hyde should have ended up together in the end BECAUSE that's just the way it should have been. Everyone knows that they pretty much brought the best in eachother out.

hamcook

[4]Feb 21, 2007
    I think it was good that Kelso was with Jackie in the beginning but she should have definetly have ended up with Hyde. Kelso and Jackie sort of outgrew each other and it was good with Hyde and Jackie and Fez doesn't make much sense. Even if she was with Fez and then Hyde or Kelso won her back.

SMGslayer97

[5]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 34
    hamcook wrote:
    I think it was good that Kelso was with Jackie in the beginning but she should have definetly have ended up with Hyde. Kelso and Jackie sort of outgrew each other and it was good with Hyde and Jackie and Fez doesn't make much sense.

Agreed.

jorunn93

[6]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 2
    Jackie should DEFINITLY ended up with Hyde. They were so sweet together!

casperp38

[7]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 10
    Hyde and Jackie. They were the two most interesting characters on the show because they were loaded with insecurities and they had the most in common. However, with Jackie being raised rich and Hyde being raised poor, a lot of their similarities (stubborn and opinionated, to name a few) became their differences and this made their constant bickering incredibly entertaining and a much better fit than Jackie and Fez.

seinfeld111690

[8]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 25
    Jackie and Kelso were the funniest together, but Hyde and Jackie were meant for eachother.

beatlechic

[9]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 1
    Jackie and Hyde, w/o a doubt.  They complimented each other so well.  They may have been opposites, but they brought out the best in each other and their chemistry was dynamic.  If only the writers would've seen the potential for the final season.   Ah well!  That's what fanfiction is for, I guess.

SMGslayer97

[10]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 34
    beatlechic wrote:
    Jackie and Hyde, w/o a doubt.  They complimented each other so well.  They may have been opposites, but they brought out the best in each other and their chemistry was dynamic.  If only the writers would've seen the potential for the final season.

Agreed.

rockmaiden

[11]Feb 24, 2007
    While Jackie and Hyde seem well suited in the ways which previous posters have already outlined, they always seemed unnatural and a little weird to me! Possibly the only thing I didn't think was that great about That 70's Show was how Jackie went through almost the whole gang, dating Kelso, Hyde then Fez. It was inevitable that she was gonna end up with Fez...she's had a crush on him (even subconsciously) for years, lol!

casperp38

[12]Feb 24, 2007

A crush? Hmmm, I'd call it more of a dependency on Fez. He was ALWAYS there to help Jackie and she knew he would be there when she had problems (they spent a lot of time together after she and Hyde split in Season 7) but their dynamic worked so well when they were just best friends.

But then again, we all have our opinions and that's what makes discussions so interesting lol.

Edited on 02/24/2007 9:24am

skye2477

[13]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 12
    I have to say that I saw Fez and Jackie as a "nobody's left but us" thing... and awkard... but they have always been the outsiders, so maybe it would work. I still ahve go with Hyde and Jackie. She brought some different sides to him and he for her... so unlike Kelso and even Fez, I felt like both of the grew from their relationship.

hamcook

[14]Feb 24, 2007
    I think Jackie always liked Fez but she didn't want to date him. Like in Garage sale when she says something like Fez is totally out of the question cause he's foreign and all. The only problem with Jackie and Hyde was it kind of left Kelso hanging. It seemed kind of weird that when Jackie and kelso were dating he could find so many women but when they broke up he was really lonely and didn't have anyone. I still think Jackie and Hyde are the best.

Sunflower06

[15]Feb 25, 2007

I'm totally in the minority here, but that's ok...LOL

I think that Jackie ended up with the right person: FEZ. Why? Because he's sweet, funny, sensitive, a romantic-at-heart, not to mention---very handsome, and he's always been there for her. Fez will truly be there for Jackie when she needs him. He'll gladly attend weddings with her, he'll really listen to her when she talks. Fez will truly respect Jackie and value their relationship. He won't freeze up when Jackie mentions the word "marriage"; if anything, he'll be the first one to bring up the subject (I can totally see Fez trying to plan the "perfect proposal", just like he tried to plan the "perfect kiss" with Jackie at the water tower in the series finale) . And Fez won't run out and cheat on Jackie when things get tough(like Kelso and Hyde did).

I've read some comments about Fez being a "pervert" at the end. Yeah, he may have had certain "tendencies", but I really think that was all done for laughs; the writers knew how great Wilmer Valderrama was with comedy, so they just threw all that stuff in. And I gotta say--Wilmer was the perfect casting choice for Fez. I don't care how "weird" Fez may have been at times; I think he was a real sweetie and I'm so glad that he "got the girl" in the end. And I do feel that Jackie/Fez had wonderful chemistry together all throughout the series. Seeing Jackie fall in love with Fez was a very pleasant surprise for me.

Jackie/Kelso were cute and entertaining in the beginning, but just not compatible in the longrun. Kelso cheated with Pam Macy, then Laurie and he totally took Jackie for granted(example: running off to California during the summer, hooking up with some Beach-Barbie, then coming back to Point Place and expecting Jackie to welcome him with open arms) I did feel a little bad for Kelso when he found about Jackie/Hyde(especially since he and Hyde had been good pals for so long); but on the other hand, I felt that Kelso had no right to expect Jackie to automatically take him back. After all, he ran off for the summer, had a nice little adventure, not really caring about Jackie's feelings. Again, J/K just weren't compatible, but I liked that they were able to maintain a friendship afterwards--very nice.

Jackie/Hyde had the opposites attract thing going, which was very interesting to watch--for a little while. I just felt like Jackie was the main one putting all the effort into that relationship. And I was really disappointed when Hyde cheated with that nurse(I thought he was different from Kelso in that sense) But even after that, I still didn't mind J/H together. However, there was soooo much drama. Jackie seemed to take their relationship more seriously than Hyde did.

I remember in Season 7 :Jackie wanted to talk about marriage--she wasn't demanding a ring or proposal; she wanted to know that it would be a possibility someday, but Hyde couldn't even give her that much; he just said, "I don't know. Why can't you just be happy with what we have?" I mean, Hyde had known Jackie long enough at that point to know that "yes, she wants more!" In the previous season, Hyde had even seen Jackie wearing a wedding gown, when she was helping Eric pick out his tux...LOL.

And by Season 8, I had no interest at all in seeing Jackie & Hyde get back together. I mean, he ran off and married a stripper--a complete stranger at that! Yeah, Hyde was "drunk" when he did it, but he was very sober when he CHOSE to stay married to Sam, knowing how insulted and hurt Jackie would feel.

Having watched all of Season 8, it just appeared to me that Hyde and Jackie were clearly over each other, no signs at all of still wanting each other. In the end, J/H just weren't compatible to me; they didn't want the same things.

Kelso and Hyde just couldn't give Jackie what she needed. Yes, Fez is the third guy in the "circle" with whom Jackie got involved. But I interpret that as--"Third Time's The Charm". And I just love stories where the girl realizes that her perfect match has been in front of her the whole time. And no, there may not have been a lot of build-up to J/F ending up together...but that's why it's called a "twist", right?

Fez was Jackie's roommate, her good friend--not some stranger with whom she had no history. So I don't find it far-fetched at all that J/F ended up together. And I simply loved all their episodes leading up to their union--Jackie wanting to be with Fez while he's totally clueless about the whole thing, Jackie kissing Fez and telling him she wanted to be with him, Fez telling Jackie she's beautiful(while her hair is green) and saying "Even if you dumped me after a week, it'd be the best week of my life. I just want to be with you"--awww...Fez was so sincere--that scene, in my opinion, showed how much he loved Jackie. And I loved how he automatically ran after Jackie, instead of being all stubborn.

Edited on 02/25/2007 3:20pm
    Edited 3 total times.

camric4

[16]Feb 25, 2007
    Although I'm happy that some fans liked the idea of Jackie and Fez ending up together it actually made me livid when I read spoilers of the finale.

In light of the way they wrote Hyde the last season, Jackie should have decided to pursue her dreams of being on television or even becoming a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader. The fact that she swept hair for Fez is so sad to me.

I really liked her with Kelso because they were funny together. Plus their relationship occurred when the show was still fresh and consistantly funny. They were NOT good for each other and aactually brought out the worst in each other, but that's what made it so funny.

I loved Jackie and Hyde together during the 5th season. They actually seemed to have a more mature relationship and the writers were allowing J and H to have more dimension. They both had to compromise and work for each other. It's unfortunate that after the 5th season they wrote Jackie's character as being increasingly needy. The fact that they wrote Jackie and Fez together at the end instead of having J/H say goodbye to each other or have some kind of closure was just wrong. They shouldn't have have so many lines in seasons 5-7 that indicated that J/H had true feelings for each other. Why did they bother having Hyde fall in love and have Eric state that Hyde was happy or " less pissed off with Jackie"?

Normally in a TV series there is a story arc that progesses, forshadows and makes sense. I think many fans buy J/F together because Fez was infatuated with Jackie for the first 4 and a half seasons. However, it's possible that Fez made as many passes at Donna or even Kelso during the 5th-7th seasons. (I think Fez professing his love for Kelso would have made more sense than J/F) Since Fez did not show any real interest in Jackie during the 5th-7th seasons J/F comes out of nowhere.

Finally, it's just gross and wrong that Jackie was passed around three best friends. I believe it was supposed to be sweet because Fez was always a loyal friend. I do not mean this to be cruel in anyway but since the character Fez was written so ambiguously gay I do not find them appealing as a romantic couple. I see them curling each others hair and picking out outfits for each other.

I think that the way they threw Jackie and Fez together at the end was awkward and unfortunate. This pairing definitely could have been done after the 4th season before the writers portryed Fez as such a creepy perv. Frankly, I really do love Jackie and Fez as friends, ala Will and Grace. I wish I knew why they writers decided to go this route. Was it to provide a new story line since the whole Randy/Donna romance wasn't well recieved? Did Wilmer want to graduate from being a sex starved loser on the show to a adulated Cassanova? Were the writers capitalizing on Wilmer's popularity with young teenagers? I wish I knew.

Although the last season leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Jackie and Fez were not the biggest problem. There are too many to enumerate and do not belong on this thread. I still truly enjoy the 1st through 7th seasons and some episodes never fail to garner belly laughs even though I've seen them a million times.

LookGuysImaBear

[17]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 2
    I think Jacki should have ended up with Hyde but i did like Jackie & Fez together but not as a long term relationship. Ive always pulled for Fez to get some action from Jackie, He put in so much time and work into trying to be with her its nice to see him get somewhere.

casperp38

[18]Feb 26, 2007
    I know this girl in LA and she is a friend of a friend of a friend etc. Anyway, she told me that there was a RUMOUR that Wilmer Valderrama would only return for Season 8 if his character was given a permanent love interest. And that the writers took a look at their female cast members, decided Eric and Donna were the couple the fans wanted (which was so wrong because Eric and Donna used up all their bargaining chips after having almost all of Topher's 178 episodes devoted to them) so they brought in Sam, made Jackie move in with Fez and spend more time with him and less time with Hyde and then they could pair up Jackie and Fez more easily. Now, this is just a RUMOUR and nothing has ever been said to confirm it, but I still thought it was worth mentioning.

In my eyes, Fez was a band-aid and it does make some sort of sense that Jackie would want somebody that could restore her faith in love. Enter Fez. But in the long run... Jackie just doesn't strike me as a character who could live without passion or at least some trouble in her relationship. Fez was probably the right guy for her AT THAT TIME because she really needed somebody, but I feel Jackie would have eventually tried to go it alone (maybe go to college) and then meet a new guy and fall in love with him.

I still love Hyde and Jackie and I agree that they should have at least gotten some closure in the series finale, but if the writers wanted to seriously go down the road of Jackie and Fez, then I imagine it would have been a relatively short-lived union that saw Jackie gain some independence from being smothered by what she really "wanted" in a man.

camric4

[19]Feb 26, 2007
    Although what you've heard is only a rumour, I read an online interview in which Wilmer said he would sign on only if certain stipulations were met. Additionallly he went on to say that there were many surprises and twists that would occur in the 8th season.

casperp38

[20]Feb 26, 2007

camric4 wrote:
    Although what you've heard is only a rumour, I read an online interview in which Wilmer said he would sign on only if certain stipulations were met. Additionallly he went on to say that there were many surprises and twists that would occur in the 8th season.

I think I read that on www.zap2it.com last year.

How many times did Fez spy on Kelso/Jackie, Hyde/Jackie, or just Jackie in general?  No matter how nice he was to her, how the hell could she date a guy who had spied on her with her boyfriends for years?