That '70s Show Forums

FOX (ended 2006)

Would Laurie have helped seasons 7 and 8

RLM1626

[21]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 3

TeemerDJ wrote:
    Lisa Robin Kelly was incredibly great as Laurie, the second Laurie sucked, and hardly even had two lines in each episode in Season 6. In Season 7 Laurie didn't even appear, and I don't know if the season would've been better if Laurie appeared, I don't know, maybe she and Fez could've gotten back together because Fez didn't really have any storyline in the 7th season (BTW did they ever get their marriage annulled?) In Season 8, Laurie probably would have made the season bbetter, i don't know, all I know is that Eight Season was missing alot of things.

I definitely think having Lisa Robin Kelly would have helped the show. I hated seeing her gone. Unless i missed something, and i don't think i did, Fez and Laurie never got divorced. I think they were together for awhile, so i don't think anullment would have been an option. That was just another reason the whole Fez and Jackie relationship was stupid, and it still makes me mad that they were trying to sell Fez as the perfect guy. In real like a lying perv like that would be a complete outcast. In fact, he would probably be in prison. In fact, i know of a guy that went to prison because he was hiding in his girlfriend's house and surprised in what was supposed to be a joke to scare her, albeit a stupid decision. Obviously, she took it wrong and he wound up doing 3 years. Fez, however, hides in the closet, under the bed, or wherever just to be a perv. He is not even with those girls. That joke got really old in a hurry.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zeagle721

[22]May 9, 2010
    • level: 2
    i agree side character because she was hialarios in season 2 and 3

Zeagle721

[23]May 9, 2010
    • level: 2

sorry the ORIGIANAL LAURIE because laurie #2 wasn't that funny

Zeagle721 wrote:
    i agree side character because she was hialarios in season 2 and 3

Canogaparkcindy

[24]May 10, 2010
    • level: 49
    addict666 wrote:
    it would be weird for the sake of the show, but realistically it made no sense and if donna lived next door why didn't they go there and jackie pretty much had no reason for being there and neither did randy who had no connection to the family. also they could of hung out in the apartment where fez and jackie lived all of which would of made more sense
    Jackie was dating Steven at the time, and she was dating Michael so those are 2 reasons she was at the Foreman's house. Hyde lived there, and Michael hanged there. When she was dating Fez, you see her more in her apartment. So I would have to disagree with you addict666.

KingofIPirates

[25]May 10, 2010
    • level: 32
    70sshowisnum1 wrote:
    I think that Laurie was a very overlooked character and the series and that if she would have appeared during the later seasons of the shows, the shows would not have been as bad. Does anyone else think that Laurie would have made the last season be not so bad?
    I agree, while it would've been a slight improvement it still would've made that season more bearable.

r10tp00f

[26]May 16, 2010
    • level: 7

Laurie would not saved the last season from the mass suckage, but she really would have improved it... if it was Lisa... the 2nd Laurie was horrible, I wish they had just wrote her out entirely, other then re-casting.

mrjimmyjames

[27]Jun 27, 2010
    • level: 7

there was no way they were going to bring Laurie back for season 7 or 8 because Lisa Robin Kelly wouldn't come back. I don't believe they ever would have brought the character back in season 5 had they known she would leave the next year. But, by then the character was involved in a major storyline being married to Fez. They were forced to bring the character back with Laurie #2 in order to finish the storyline. Then once they were done with that they quickly wrote her off the next year because they never wanted Laurie played by another actress to begin with. It's a shame too because I think her marriage with Fez was going to be a major part of the show and would have been great but because of the different actress it was relegated to being a much more played down story that they didn't want to be in.