That '70s Show

Grandma's Dead

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jul 12, 1999 on FOX

• You would think Eric would be celebrating that his dad's mother has died, but not when he's guilt-ridden after he has told her it wouldn't kill her to be nicer.

Grandma Forman has made another one of those visits, where, if you were a member of the Red Forman family, couldn't think the day could go by any slower. Thank goodness, her role in this episode doesn't take that long, as she drops dead on Eric's shoulder as he is driving her home. Eric has to come back with his dead grandmother in the passenger seat. His parents find out quickly, and mourn the death - somewhat. Meanwhile, Eric feels guilty. Why? It's not his fault that his grandmother died, right? Well, apparently, Eric thinks it is. Literally seconds before Grandma Forman died, Eric told her, "You know, it wouldn't kill you to be nice for just one day." Eric never feels the same until the very end of the episode when Red reassures him that he wasn't the cause of his grandmother's death. Me? I don't care. To me, Grandma Forman was very annoying, and I hated her constant insults to Kitty, so I would give this episode a high rating, because it's the end of one of the characters I hated the most in Season 1.
MNT