That '70s Show

Holy Craps!

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 17, 2001 on FOX

Definitely one of my favorite episodes of the entire series. We got some great dynamics within the entire cast. There was not one flaw, I found myself laughing all the way through. For the most part, I loved the shocking ending that was Caroline's freakout. I for one really enjoyed the Caroline arc, so this was definitely a stepping stone in the story line.

I really have to commend Allison Munn, she did a fantastic job with her character here. It's sad to see her talent wasted on What I Like About You, because here, she clearly proved herself to be better than just a side character. Eric's worries about him & Donna was definitely a foreshadowing to what happens at the end of the season. Debra Jo Rupp did a fantastic job as usual. The scene in which she found out that everyone left their duties to attend other things was hysterical. We also got a bit of a cliffhanger in the end. Caroline stalking Fez? Definitely something worth tuning in too especially since Fez & Donna are pretending to date. Classic episode of the series.
  • Kitty drags Red, Eric, Hyde and Kelso to a church Fundraiser.

Kitty goes to a 'God's magic circle' fundraiser for the church, assigning Eric on the cakewalk-where he makes a discovery about what married life with Donna could be like. She puts Hyde and Kelso on Bingo, where they rig it so they win Rock 'em Sock 'em robots. She also puts Red on the raffle, where he gives up to play Craps (or as Pastor Dave says='Cripes'). Kitty is upset about how she is now in 'Satan's evil square'. Pastor Dave(who is my favourite recurring character) also makes his second appearance in the show, still as daggy as ever. Fez's girlfriend Caroline is even crazier than ever, writing Fezs name all over her room and threatening to kill Donna and Jackie if they ever touch him. In the end Fez braks up with her, using the excuse that he and Donna are in love.She tells him she'll be watching him, which comes up in the next episode, 'Fez dates Donna'.
    A good episode, like most of Season 3.
  • Church Fundraiser

Caroline seems to get crazier every episode, this time threatening Jackie and Donna and writing Fez’s name over every inch of her wall. Fez finally realises her true insanity and musters up enough courage to break up with her, Caroline snapping back that she’d be watching him and it wasn’t over (Fez: Phew, I’m glad that’s over).

This is only the second episode to feature Pastor Dave, the previous one being in season two, which had the same title without the “s”, and once again he is the pastor that actually believes what he says is cool to kids today (and by today, I mean 1977). Hyde and Kelso cheating in Bingo was hilarious as was Red playing craps or “cripes” as the church calls it. Eric realising that if he married Donna, he could end up like the horrible couple in the cakewalk was entertaining but couldn’t compare to the other outrageously amusing plots that really make this episode a classic.