That '70s Show

I Love Cake

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 09, 1999 on FOX

• Eric finds himself in deep water when Donna tells him she loves him, and he responds by declaring his love for cake.

Eric is in trouble when Donna tells him "I love you." and a shocked Eric can't find any other words to respond to it by other than, "I love cake." So Eric spends the whole episode trying to take advice from other members of the gang of what to do and how to respond to Donna. He tries saying it once, but after a staring contest with Donna, he flakes out, punches her lightly in the shoulder, and adds, "..man!" After new advice, he tells her "I love you" in every sentence, which freaks Donna out even more. The third time, or fourth time, I guess, is the charm, when he responds to another "I love you." from Donna, by, "I love you, too." He doesn't mess than one up, and the whole episode in the end isn't a waste. But it definately wasn't one of the best episodes. It was just..ehh, average.