That '70s Show

Ice Shack

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 09, 2001 on FOX

• Kelso takes Jackie, Donna and Eric to an ice shack.

This was one of the best episodes of Season 3 of That 70's Show. Nonstop laughs from the beginning to the very end (although the van falling into the ice was really lame). Having a Kelso-centric episode is always a good idea and he was at his comedic best here. Leo was not giving his best performance, but is funny even without trying.

The older episodes of That 70's Show were just so much more clever and original than later seasons. They were plotted well and peppered with great one-liners and character development. If only Red Forman and Hyde were given bigger roles, this could of been one of the best episodes ever of That 70's Show.
  • Hilarious!

TV.com's summary for That '70s Show episode, Ice Shack:

Kelso's new master plan to get Jackie back is to copy all the lovey dovey things that Eric does for Donna. To carry out this plan, he tricks the three of them into going to his uncle's ice shack for the weekend. But his plan hits a major snag when Fez tags along and does everything in his power to make Kelso look bad. Back in Point Place, Kitty orders Red to talk to Laurie about her future, while Hyde – who's on probation – gets pulled over while driving Leo and his suspicious brown paper bag. This was a really funny episode, and Jackie and Kelso nearly get back together. Poor Kelso, I really do think he loves Jackie, he is just not that good with relationships.

• "The Newlywed Game!"

I like this episode because they parody the newlywed game! And that show is amazing so it's funny to see it laughed at. I like how Fez tries to get Jackie then he thinks up the newlywed game, I love how Fez gets the hardest questions right. Then he gives Donna & Eric the easy ones, but then they fall apart when Eric says she has Big Wile E. Coyote Feet. I like in the end when everything goes in slow motion, that's my favorite part & Michael gets it right. That's amazingly funny. The B plot was interesting, Laurie with a future!
  • Kelso’s new master plan to get Jackie back is to copy all the lovey dovey things that Eric does for Donna. But his plan hits a major snag when Fez tags along and does everything in his power to make Kelso look bad.

Kelso’s new master plan to get Jackie back is to copy all the lovey dovey things that Eric does for Donna. To carry out this plan, he tricks the three of them into going to his uncle's ice shack for the weekend. But his plan hits a major snag when Fez tags along and does everything in his power to make Kelso look bad. Back in Point Place, Kitty orders Red to talk to Laurie about her future, while Hyde – who’s on probation – gets pulled over while driving Leo and his suspicious brown paper bag.
  • Kelso's Master Plan

The three plots in this are very good, Hyde and Leo’s and Kelso and Jackie’s being my favourites.

Leo’s statement that his license was literally suspended and then he ran a red light was brilliant as is the “illegal drugs” actually being dog food.

The ice shack, or main plot, was hilarious and marks the end of Kelso’s van. The truth that Kelso and Jackie are a better couple than Eric and Donna since Kelso knows everything about Jackie, but they still aren’t good enough to be together is very well written with great jokes such as Kelso not caring anymore since he lost his van, and Fez not caring either since Jackie betrayed him.

That makes three for three, Hyde and Jackie being revealed to be a bad couple back in Jackie Bags Hyde and somehow I don’t see Eric and Jackie as a couple in the future.

Laurie’s plot had some good lines but couldn’t compare to the other two, more memorable plots but two out of three isn’t bad and 9.4 seems fitting.
  • Awesome episode.

Kelso is very funny in this episode. I love how he treats Jackie. It's hilarious. I like how Jackie says "I'm cold.", and Kelso says "Jackie, I can't control the weather!" And Fez is hilarious in this episode. How he manages to run 6 blocks all the way to Kelso's van is beyond me.

Anyway, Laurie is also still just lounging in the house and Kitty wants her to get a job. And she becomes a cosmetologist. Kitty and Red's reaction is very funny. It's sad and kind of funny how Kelso's van disappears. He reacts like a child. Anyways, I recommend this episode to anyone who likes a laugh.