That '70s Show

Laurie Moves Out

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Dec 14, 1999 on FOX

• Laurie moves out of the house

I usually don't like episodes that focus on Laurie because of the fact that Laurie drives me insane but I am surprised to say that this episode turned out than I expected when I first saw this episode a long time ago. Red doesn't like the idea of Laurie moving in an apartment because of the fact that Red considers Laurie a little girl. Red and Eric visiting Laurie's apartment and finding out that Laurie was sleeping with a man was hilarious especially because Eric was cracking up after seeing Laurie sleep with a man. Fez quote "I love cheese" was very funny. It was very funny when Kelso was trying to lie to Jackie and him and Laurie after Laurie left Kelso and Jackie was suspicious about the whole situation. Also, it was nice to see Eric and Laurie nice to each other at least a little and how Eric was kind of sticking up for Laurie... that's probably the only time we actually get to see that. Red's talk to Laurie and Laurie moving back in at the end of the episode was very funny. The ending was very funny when Hyde didn't want to leave his room and then Red comes. Overall, an excellent episode of "That 70s Show". 10/10
  • Red deals with the pain of his little girl moving into an apartment with her 'girlfriend', but gets pissed when her 'friend' is a guy.

Laurie gets busted and isn't considered the favorite by Red anymore, to my pleasure. But then, Eric feels guilty and starts sticking up for Laurie. Darn. Anyhow, it all starts when Red is upset about his daughter moving out to an apartment with a friend, who she specifically says is a girl - Red arrives soon after she has moved in to deliver a smoke detector. He arrives at the door, only to notice the answerer is a guy. He determines he has the wrong address, but Eric asks for Laurie, and the guy calls Laurie, and Red is fired up. He runs from the situation and neglects Laurie as she is forced back home. Geez. First she has an opportunity to get back in college, and then now she at least moved into an apartment, but messed that up too. She needs to learn how to take responsibility and stop being a wh0re. Anyways, from some sweet talk from Kitty, Red finally gets a little better to Laurie, and she gets to stay home. But they have to try hard to get her room back to Hyde, who moved into it once Laurie left. I think he deserves the room. He's never had a nice room before in his life!
  • BUSTED!

Haha, I really liked this episode. It was really good, funny, like all of the episodes. Laurie is finally ready to move out of the Forman home. She says she'll be splitting the rent with a 'girl' friend of hers'. But it really turns out to be a BOY friend! Red gets fired up when he discovers this dirty little secret, he's extremely mad at Laurie for lying to him. He gives Laurie the cold shoulder, and it makes Eric actually feel bad for Laurie. He tries to get Red to loosen up.

This episode was really good. Laurie ends up moving back in. 8.3
  • Laurie gets busted!

Finally Laurie gets busted by Red & finally she is the one that gets in trouble! Just when you think Laurie is out of Eric's life, she moves back in! I like how Hyde got accustomed to his new room & didn't want to let it go, Laurie''s expression was priceless when Red was at the door, Eric pointed out her expression also! The B plot was really awesome, Jackie suspects Kelso is cheating in which he is! He thought up of the stupidest lie & also when Kelso was trying ti explain himself, it's so obvious he cheated! A great episode.
  • Laurie moves in with a "friend"

From start to finish, this episode is thoroughly enjoyable and really shows the true humour of Kelso's character with hilarious quotes such as his excuse for Laurie finding his shirtin her room being that it was Eric's and his mother sewed Kelso's name in it.

Eric's reaction to finding out his sister is living with a boy is priceless ("Hi Daddy") and the end of Laurie's story where she asked to move back in and Kitty knows that her boyfriend kicked her out andLaurie objects to this, saying "he moved back in with his wife".

Overall, both main plots were hilarous and had brilliant conclusions.