That '70s Show

Long Away

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Dec 07, 2005 on FOX

2.5
    This episode was completely devoid of laughter, so much things went wrong with this episode, I don't even know where to start. Well I guess I can start with, this episode was not at all funny, and it made me ashamed that I'm even a fan of this show. Don't get me wrong. That 70s Show is and always will be my favorite show of all time, but I don't even see this as That 70s Show, I see this as a random "wacky" spin off that's definitely not set in the 70s. 80s, 90s maybe.

You couldn't tell the difference if you watched this episode. Eric & Donna breaking up over the phone off screen this late in the game was absolutely dreadful. I felt like they just did that so they can make Donna hook up with Randy, the worst thing that has ever happened to this show. Why didn't Donna talk to Hyde? He obviously has helped her before. When her parents split up, when Eric left her at the altar. He wouldn't of just shrugged, he helped her out in the end of this episode.

Going for advice to someone she barely knew didn't make any sense. Even in the end, when Randy tickled Fez, he was so out of place and awkward, I felt like crying. Remember when Eric taught Charlie to do this? Charlie would have been way better than Randy in every sense. Leo was better as a question mark, it feels strange knowing that Leo was a veteran and once normal. Just a mistake in every sense. An awful episode that wasn't funny and just didn't make sense.