That '70s Show

My Fairy King

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 27, 2006 on FOX

• finally some heart.

6.7
    I wasn't particularly into the Hyde and Samantha break up- afterall, she was a bit of a filler character and I don't think anyone thought she'd be a permanent fixture- it would have been more surprising if it worked out.

Now, the aspect of this episode that thrilled me was Red's retirement. "That 70's Show" has been a mish-mosh of senseless plot twists recently but this one actually belonged and was really affective. You kind of felt his desperation when he found out he'd be run out of business by the autoparts chain. I remembered his struggle to get the job at 'pricemart' and then finally the muffler store and that he was just making ends meet. Him getting the money and being able to retire and the warm scenes it created between him and Kitty and Hyde... it really put the meaning back in the show. After a significant run, and getting to know and love the Formans, no one wants to worry about their wellbeing. It was terrific seeing that as the era ends, Red and Kitty will be living the rest of their lives happy and easy.

(It's sad getting a bit attached to fictional characters but they remind me of my parents)