That '70s Show

Ramble On (a.k.a. Promise Ring Redux)

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 12, 2002 on FOX

• Eric gets a man-ring from Donna

I thought that this was a superb episode of "That 70s Show". The only thing I didn't about this episode was Jackie opening her big fat mouth about Eric not liking the man-ring that Donna gave him. It was very funny when Fez was admiring Eric's man-ring. Fez' plot was hilarious when he is getting a job interview. It was funny when Eric didn't want the man-ring after having that fantasy about Eric being Batman and the others being the rest of the superheroes was well. Red's part in that superhero fantasy was hilarious. Eric losing the man-ring and trying to look for it was also funny. It was also funny when Donna told Eric that he must be completely honest for now on and then Eric's honesty was that Donna has bad taste. Eric telling Donna that she has bad taste in the ear rings was funny. Kitty getting frustrated with that clicker or whatever was absolutely hilarious. Kitty yelling at Donna about the furniture in the house after she hears Donna that Kitty has bad taste in the furniture was absolutely hilarious. Hyde admiting that Jackie is his girlfriend was also funny. Overall, despite that one thing, this was a superb episode of "That 70s Show". 9/10
  • ramble on

Donna did not want to wear Eric's promise ring, but she wants Eric to wear her ring? Weird. This episode was not really that funny, in fact I hardly laughed, outside of one scene, which I will get too in a minute. The episode featured some scenes that were not exactly memorable, and a little too many Donna scenes for my liking, that almost never leads to enjoyable TV.

But the one scene I did like was the Super pals scene, which was just pure genius. I could not stop laughing during Red's speech as Dr. Bald. He is always great in these parodies, remember the I Love Lucy one?
  • Eric gets a man-ring.

I really like this episode because it has 3 fantasies. First with the cheer leading, then with the Superfriends parody & finally Eric looking like Bob. This was so hilarious because it has so much plot development. It reminded me of the Season 3 episode, Promise Ring. I love in the end when the Superfriends are sitting in a circle & there all acting goofy. That was a highlight. And how Fez just got the job just cause he had Eric's man ring on. But out of all the people I think Kitty steals the show, let the hot flashes begin!
  • A promise ring in reverse.

This episode has it all: man rings, job interviews and a superhero fantasy. It has loads of laughs such as the plot crossovers with Fez getting the job because he wears Eric’s man ring and Hyde turning into Jackie as far as keeping secrets goes.

The interview provides the most laughs with Fez trying to compare the DMV to all kinds of places and Kitty’s menopause is terrific (adopt a commie orphan, bad taste living room) and Eric shows a moral – lying in relationships is important for it to survive.

All in all, this is yet another great episode of 70s Show with laughs, fantasies, and plenty of crazy moments.
TVLAND