That '70s Show

Red's Last Day

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 05, 1999 on FOX

• red's last day

That redneck mother song!

What an episode, and where do I even begin with this one? Great performances all around and moreso they had a great story regarding Red potentially losing his job. During the 1970's there were a plethora of people losing their job with the economy in shambles, and this show, during its first few years, provided an excellent commentary on that. People who were kids could relive these events by watching as adults now, and kids could just laugh along the way. After the first two seasons the 70's just became a backdrop though and the show became just another sitcom.
  • The Forman household takes cover for Red's final day at the plant, but to surprise, he's in a decent mood at morning, only to get drunk at Charlie's Bar with some "friends" also getting laid off.

It's Red's last day of work at the automobile plant, and at first, he's unusually calm in the morning, surprising the whole Forman household. (Kitty, Eric, Laurie, and Hyde) The guys at the plant invite him to Charlie's Bar after the work day for some drinks, and Red says "no" at first, but after one of the guys says, "I told you he wouldn't go. He hates us," he decides to go anyways. Red gets "sick" and Kitty tells Eric to go get him from Charlie's with Hyde and Fez. But that's non-effective because Red invites the guys for a drink, too, and they start "feeling bad". Haha, funny. So anyways, it is up to Kitty to rescue them from Red's Last Day. All-in-all, the episode was pretty good, but pretty bad in Eric's soul when he's home the next morning and Donna comes over, practically saying last night, she was "ready" to have sex.
  • Kelso and Laurie take off... their clothes.

Kelso starts to cheat on Jackie by having sex with Laurie in his new van. It's Red's last day of work at the plant and he is extremely depressed, and he's stressed about having to find a new job when the plant closes. After work, he gets extremely drunk. Kitty sends Eric, Hyde, Kelso, and Fez out to get him, but he just convinces them to drink, too. When everyone is drunk, Kitty has to drive and pick everyone up. She has to talk to Red about what he's doing, and why he is doing it. She tells him that he'll find work, and they all go home.

WOW! Loved the episode!

• Kelso starts cheating.

This episode is down right amazing. This doesn't really seem like the teens episode, it was most likely the parents episode. I love the beginning when Kitty tries to kick them out of the table then Red comes & everyone is looking at Kitty. Then Kitty says Amen. Nice save! Its sad how Red didn't get the job, I really wish he did, although I liked how Eric & him had a man to man talk & got drunk, my favorite part is when they're listening to the "Redneck Mother" song. The B plot couldn't of been better, Kelso cheating! I think it's Jackie's fault cause he tried to break up with her to be with Laurie but she didn't let him. A powerful scene is in which Eric & Donna are kissing on the couch & laughing. A great installment to a great series.
  • Red lost his job, and Kelso totally did it with Laurie!...

This is the wildest, yet funny episode I seen in That \'70s Show! Red loses his job, while Kelso gets his new truck. Without warning, Laurie came in and flirted with him a little, and closed the door, and well..... You know what hapens next.. Lol. Then Hyde tries to convince... Or should I say force, Kelso to tell what happend between him and Laurie in his truck. This is the wildest episode, because it\'s the first time Kelso.... Wel I can\'t really explain it in a properly way... But I guess you know what I\'m talking about, HaHa..
  • Kelso starts his cheating ways with Laurie

The 360 in this episode is classic with Kelso not realising his thumbs were still up aswell as forgetting about Jackie.

Red drinking and encouraging Eric to drink was great as was Eric saying in the phone "I am not feeling well", a great shot at Kitty's excuse for Red's drinking.

Eric missing his shot with Donna was also a humerous revelation but Kelso and Laurie was the best plot as it starts the affair between the two of them that brings up many plots and jokes throughout season 2.

Overall, this episode was pivotal and a good way to end the "Red losing his job" plot that was in season 1
  • A funny episode that made me laugh.

This is a very good episode where Kelso is hilarious in the whole episode. This whole episode is funny. Red's storyline is kind of boring. But Kelso's storyline saves it. I love the circle scene. It's one of my favorites. Laurie is also funny in this episode. Very good episode.
TVLAND