That '70s Show

Reefer Madness (2)

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Oct 03, 2000 on FOX

• good

Hyde is out of jail, and Red is all set to kick him out because he was caught with possession. Eric does not think it is fair that Hyde will be kicked out, so he reveals he has doneit too.

Decent episode. The only laughs i really got were the flashback to the first time Hyde, Eric and Kelso did it together, Red saying 'fun time is over' and Eric asking where he was during fun time, and Kelso trying to get back his title of 'king' (of stupidity). the rest was either uninteresting or boring. so overall my final grade for this episode is going to be a C+/C- or so, i think is fair. Not a horrible episode but it could've been better, i think.

A really great episode of That 70s Show, definitely owned up to it's cliffhanger in every sense, and I'm sure it made a lot of fans happy after a couple months of waiting for season 3.

A lot of great and classic moments here such as Red's lecture to Hyde about the drugs to Jackie attacking Donna for threatening to tell the Formans that it was Jackie's stash, not Hyde's. Jackie liking Hyde was a bit out of the blue considering they hardly interacted before this, but it was interesting.

I noticed that Donna was kind of annoying in this episode, more than she usually is. Red was the character that stole the show here though, every line he said was perfection, this was a defining moment for Red, and this whole episode left us with a sense of wanting to watch more, so a really strong premiere, very eventful.
  • Reefer Madness

That 70's Show rarely had story arcs, they had storylines, meaning things did not encompass more than one episode, but this was one of those rare times, and honestly this is when Red Forman was at his peak, when he was simply a yelling madman. This is the character that became an icon and this is the reason that pilots cast Kurtwood Smith every single year.

Also, Eric Forman was not as annoying as he usually is, nor was Donna (although having her involved in everything is almost always a bad idea.)

As a whole, good episode, tough to argue otherwise.
  • Hyde gets out of jail and put on probation. Red decides to kick him out, and Eric decides to tell him he smokes marijuana, too, to keep Hyde in the house.

The Season 2 finale left us some more suspense to wait for, unlike how the finale of Season 1 did. How will Hyde spare in jail? Will Jackie ever win Hyde's heart? If Jackie never sees Hyde again, will she ever get back with Kelso? Is Fez a possibility? The police department decides to let Hyde get out of jail within less than 24 hours of the incident, but he is put on probation. Red gets upset by this. He's already not planning to bail Hyde out, but it's too late not to do that, since he's already out. With some unwanted "help" (by unwanted, I mean, unwanted from Eric) from annoying 'Daddy's Little Girl' Laurie, Red decides to kick Hyde out. With this announcement, Eric brings up the idea to the gang that he'll just tell Red that he smokes marijuana, too! Bad idea. Anyhow, Jackie tries to spend some quality time with Steven, but it's less than wanted from Hyde. Why did he have to take the blame for the bag? Hyde thinks to himself. He surely regrets it, and Red doesn't know this yet, so he's still all for kicking Hyde out. Jackie admits it to Donna, though, who tells Red and Kitty, much to Jackie's dismay. She doesn't want Donna to tell them! When Hyde's on the streets, (apparently she doesn't know that Hyde said Leo's letting him stay at the Fotohut) she thinks he'll have nowhere to turn but to her! Oh, Lord . . . As soon as Donna tells Red and Kitty all of this, Hyde is all ready and set to go, but gets the 'good news' told to him by Red that he gets to stay in his house, but not without a very long and intimidating lecture that should be good enough to tell Hyde: don't stick up for the little, goodie-goodie, annoying, bratty, snobby, rich-kid cheerleader, Jackie anymore! Even after all of this, it may be hard to believe for some that Hyde still gets to stay in the house. Eric doesn't know this, either, walking into the kitchen admitting that he smokes marijuana, too, moments after Red just let Hyde move back in. If I was Eric, I would of used this excuse: (no copyright, made this all on my own!) "Oh, sorry, Dad. I didn't know you let Hyde back in. I was just saying that because I knew if you thought I smoked it, you still couldn't kick me out, so you wouldn't have to kick Hyde out either." I think that might of worked with the toughest of them, especially Red! But Red says, "No more Mr. Nice Guy." (he's referring to himself, surprisingly) No more fun time for Eric and Hyde. His new rules and everything, takes effect in the next episode.
  • A season 2 ending and season 3 opening... how.. thoughtfull..

7.8
    After Hyde is sent to rehab... he gets back. Okay, that's bad. That's not explaning much.

Then, Red, after having Reefer Madness, tries kicking Hyde out, thanks to Laurie. And, BTW, Jackie's gonna hang out with Hyde. I kinda am a Jackie Kelso person, but, whatever. Then, Red kicks him off, and Eric goes pissed.

Next day, Red yelles that Hyde can stay, then Eric comes, sayiny he weeds as well. Oops. Remeinsing about the first time Hyde shows Eric and Kelso weed, Evrything sis back to normal.

That was pityful.

I gotta admit, even though I really love the Reefer Madness cartoon, this episode was kinda... boring. And it dosen't- it- it just dosen't make sence.
  • Busted...

Hyde gets home from jail, but he is on probation, so he can not do anything wrong, or illegal, or he will go back to jail. Red kicks Hyde out of the house since he now knows he smokes weed, but, Eric can't let Hyde get kicked out of the house. He decides to tell Red and Kitty that he, Donna, and everyone else in the group smokes weed as well. He tells, and Red decides to buckle down, and he says that "fun time" is over. He says that there will be no more smoking in the Forman house.

Funny!
  • Leo: So what'd they get you for? Jackie: For loving me Leo (laughs): 'Cause she's, like, 14?

This episode starts the third season and explains the cliff hanger of last season where Hyde gets arrested for possession. Jackie is great in this episode as she falls even further for hide and it starts off her crush for the rest of the season. Eric's confession that he smokes pot is hilarious and the flashback to when they were younger is great. Younger Kelso is great and young Hyde does a great job. The reefer madness parody is great and Fez as the drug smuggler is really funny and Eric as 'incurably insane' is really funny. A good start to the third season.
  • Great!

Steven returns after three hours of being in jail to the Forman's home, where Red is furious about Steven for possesing drugs, as a result Red kicks him out of the house. In order to convince him, Kitty brings Leo to convince him that Hyde is good, but he does not. Later, Donna tells the Forman that Jackie was the one possesing drugs, and Red reinvites Hyde back in, but according to him "fun is over", and well that is the funniest thing in the episode, is a really good episode!
  • Season 3 premiere

This was a great start to season three, following on from the season two cliffhanger where Hyde gets busted for possession.

This episode had many hilarious scenes including Red’s imagination of what could happen in the future, the preteen potheads (Hyde, Kelso and Eric smoking pot back in primary school), Red getting angrier at Hyde for taking the fall for Jackie than when he was arrested for possession and Kelso being the King of idiocy.

This season premiere brings back all of the themes from season two and gets the season to a promising start with the possibility that it will be the best season yet.
  • After getting busted for possesion Red decides to kick Hyde out of the house. But eric decides to confess and tell Red he smokes pot also

Perosalny this is one of my favorite episodes because it sets the paces for the rest of the season in the fact thats for like the first 10 episode there are no cirles. This one has alot of funny remarks and witty comebacks and is a must see for any fan of the show
  • Great opener to the third season.

When Hyde gets kicked out by Red because of him taking the rap for Jackie and her stash, They go through a series of vignettes, from the black and white living room scene to the "Circle" when they were preteens, all were extremely funny, especially Jackie's spastic dancing and Eric's "incurably insane" facial mannerisms.

The end result of Eric coming clean with Red sparked the continuation into the next episode, which is one of my favorites of the season.

Great opener that surpassed the finale from the previous season.