That '70s Show

FOX (ended 2006)

Stig14

That '70s Show Fan Reviews page 3 of 16

• An amazing classic.

Set in the '70s, the story revolves around a group of teenage friends and a couple of their parents. During the show's existence, it never failed to keep me hooked (okay, the eight season didn't do much good) and I still love to watch the reruns of the show.

The gang consists of Eric, the funny and clever guy, who's so confused that you've got to laugh ever time he messes something up. His teenage love is Donna, the "bigfoot" red-head, a more manly version of Eric. Her friend is Jackie, the stupid, yet rich and sexy cheerleader; and her boyfriend is Michael Kelso, another stupid boy. The team also includes Hyde and Fez, two great contributions to the gang. I really can't play favorites in this series because each character has a different thing that's great about them. One of them is confused, one afraid of the government agency, then there's the weird foreign guy, the spoiled rich girl and so many other qualities that I just loved about this show.

The older part of the cast includes Kitty and Red Forman, Eric's parents, and Bob and Midge Pinciotti, then later Leo. Kitty and Red were always great, but I started to like them even better when Kitty started drinking. Red was always the same old grumpy guy, which is what I love about the character. Bob was just so crazy, and Midge was just so stupid that you had to love her. Same for Leo. With them in the combination with the youngsters, I just don't see where the show could fail.

When it comes to the seasons, my favorite would be Seasons 4-6, followed by seasons 1, 2, 3 and 7 (in no particular order). Sadly, the final season is the worst. I just hated that they even did it. I would have loved if they ended the show during the seventh season and wrapped it up nicely. That's why, during the reruns, I always avoid the eight season. It destroys my perfect picture of the series, and that's why I always pretend like the eight season never even existed. However, the first seven season were just amazing. An absolute classic.
  • Do you know what it is like to grow up in Point Place, Wisconsin? Well your about to find out!

This blast from the past takes place between 1975-1979. The show has many main characters. The biggest character to start the show is Eric Foreman, high school son of former war vet Red Foreman and Nurse, Kitty Foreman. Eric is in love with his next door neighbor Donna Pinsciotti who parents Bob and Midge are pretty out there and wild. Eric has 3 best friends, Steven Hyde, Michael Kelso, and Fez. To start the show Kelso has a girlfriend from the same high school Jackie Burkhart. Jackie later ends up dating Hyde and ends the show with Fez. Season's 1-7 are remarkable and extremely funny. They have clever stories and smooth plot. Everything always seems to come together with all the characters having pretty much equal time. Season's 1-7 get a 10 out of 10! BUT, Season 8 was dreadful and really put a damper on the show for the fans who had loved the first 8 seasons. The departure of Eric and Kelso, left a huge void in the show. They brought in a character named Randy. He was extremely annoying and unfunny. Lots of fans lost interest when Randy and Donna started to have a fling. It was always lame that Jackie ended up with Fez and not Hyde or Kelso in the final episode. Season 8 gets a 5 out 10.....Overall the show was great the final season just put a cloud over the show as a whole.
  • :'( WAHHHH!!! Even though season eight sucked, I miss it so much!

That '70's Show is centered around six teenagers and their parents. They have adventures through life, and the whole series is set in the way far out seventies! Where nothing is too hard to get, or too easy, where nothing is too big or too small. No, wait... a lot is too easy, and a lot is too hard. A lot of things are too small, and a lot of things are too big. There are heart attacks, cases of menopause, pregnancies, hippies, over protective mothers, burns, ass kicking comments, and much, much, MUCH more in the great times. Hooray for the '70s!
  • I miss it SO much!

For me, I watch this show on it's final season. But, I went back into time, seeing future actors and voice actors. I had missed this show TOO much!

In the late 70's, a gang of kids take on the real world. Eric Forman and his waky friends; next door neighbor Donna Pinciotti, stoner half-brother Steven Hyde, hot dolt Michael Kelso, young rich Jackie Burkhert, and Indonadion perv Fez... yeah. I wanna go and explain more, but words fail me. How' bout I just take this time to score it.

Storyline; Almost all of them good.
    Characters; All but Randy are sheer perfect.
    Humor; All funny ALL the time!
    Acting; Ashton Kutcher. Need I say more?

Overall, this show is da BOMB!
  • Delightfully silly

Apart from a poor last season due to the lost of two main caracters who provided the foil for the others, particullarly Eric who was the pivital focus of the entire series. That aside this show provided some great belly laughs by turning the popular family sit com format of the seventies on it's head with some delequent and self centred kids. The producers really worked on the seventies feel by using furniture, clothes and props from the period sorced from op shops and the like. The camera work when the group where in 'the circle' was unique and made you feel like you were in the caracters position.
  • haha, funny! :P

This show never fails to make me laugh..it's just hilarious!! The theme song is now something everytime I hear I just....I don't know I can't describe it, but I really love this show, haha...it gives me my daily fix of humour....when I'm not watching drama or action shows, this show will most defiantly be on television if it's on at the time...one of my personal favorites...and there's really not a whole lot else that I can find to say about it, it's just funny, and a super cool show, not to mention that I love Ashton Kutcher...haha. Especially in punk'd which I guess I'll go write a review on now. :P
  • Fezz is mah Fav.(:

Yes Yes YES! That 70's show is really great. I love it. I love watching the family channel. Its so great for the whole family. (obviously) lol my boy friend got me started on it not too long ago and i watch it every time its on every time i get the chance. GOSH these reviews have to be long as hell. i dont even knwo what else to write but i really like that show and i think it should have lots of new episodes cause i keep seeing re runs and they are good the first couple times but then they suck.
  • My final year yearbook quote came from the mouth of Fez!

That 70s Show in my opinion is a really unique format - who would have thought that a show set in the 70s would be received well in the 21st century? The main thing I love is that there is the important 70s nostalgia that is the essence of the show so that people like my parents who actually grew up then can relate to it, but it doesn't flood the plot, so those of us who grew up in later decades can still enjoy it.
    It's a real pity this show went downhill dramatically in season 8, when it had a chance to end more decently in season 7 - the show just wasn't the same without Eric and Kelso, and it's hard to believe the writers felt that they could pull off another season without them.
  • This show is definitely worth checking out...

This is thee best sitcom i've ever seen! If you're a teenager and enjoy joking around you will definitely enjoy watching this, i know i do. This is one of those shows that you just get hooked on. The show has some very rememberable characters and sences. One of my favourite characters is Leo, hes the wacked out hippie(not a main character). I recommend you watch the earlier seasons of the show, mainly because the show makes more sence if you watch it in order. The last season though was my least favourite of them all, but its still good... i think it could have been better though. Overall this show is just plain groovy and freakin hilarious. If you were never around in the 70s, just watch this to see how it was like back then. To be honest i could tell you all day long why i believe this is the greatest show very but i don't have that much time on my hands to do that. Hope this is of use to you!?!
  • Can only get enough of that prick Topher Grace everyone else is a beast.

I think that this show was the original drama for teens everywhere. It shows the problems of school, work, friends, stupid friends, foreign friends, and relationships with our parents, girls, etc. You got Red the hardass to everyone but really just cares about them to much and will never admit it. Got the town doorknob and Eric's sister Lori, the idiot Kelso, Kitty the over protective mother, Donna the main characters girlfriend, Jackie the btich, Hyde the hippie, and Fez the weird foreign friend that everyone has. Bob the pimp, Midge with the giant jugs. The parodies and acts that goes on during this show is classic and irreplaceable.
  • Only seen one episode, but I love it!

"That 70's Show" is a funny sitcom that takes place in the 1970's. I'm not really sure about the exact storyline, but all I know is that it's pretty darn funny. The first episode I saw was, "(Can't Get No) Satisfaction" and I thought it was terrific. I never watched the show during it's run, nor when it got started on ABC Family, but one night there was nothing else on so I watched it. I was hooked instantly. Unfortunately, that was the last episode to air that day. But i'll be sure to tune in next time it's on! Great show 10/10
  • This show is like the best ever!!! It can't be that it stopped!

This show just has everything comedy stands for :).

It's so funny, original, witty, daring, ... The humour in this show isn't lame, it just knows where to hit. It's such a shame it ended, but we'll always have reruns :D. Maybe at the end, they had to find more and more original plotlines, so it wasn't as good as usual... But for years they have made people laugh, and they'll probably keep doing so, thanks to the reruns. So maybe you already got my point, but I want to say it again: this show rules, rocks, kicks ass and so much more!

x
  • Funny though sometimes pointless but thats what lots of people like.

I like this show because of all the teenage humour. You have just about every kind of teen in that show. Eric is the skinny, star wars geek. Donna(Erics gf) the smart one of the girls. Jackie is the rich, instyle, annoying girl. Laurie(Eric's sister) is the hore. Hyde/Steven is the strongest one and cool one of the boys. Michael/Kelso is the good looking dumb one that can be mature at times but normally the one that the gang beats up. Fez is the foriegner that at first doesn't fit in but in the end he sort of popular. You find plenty of these people every day but this is put on television with alot of jokes. Soemtimes it can be pointless but most of the time it's just really funny.
  • Best show evar kthx

Basically, this show lasted for years, but damn, it was a good show. I watch the show everyday I can catch it, if its on The N, FX, or ABC Family. Funniest character, i'd have to say Fez, 'cause half of the time I dont know what the hell he's saying. Favorite characters and both Eric, and Hyde/Hide. Eric was the main character couldnt help but make him my favorite, and Hyde..was just damn funny Donna and Jackie, they were a great part of the show. If it was from whoring with Kelso, or pretty much kissing Eric, they were funny at times.

Great show, I dont know why they cancelled it, maybe because Topher Grace had better shows/movies to do. Great show.
  • This show dipicts in an undeniably funny way what life as a sub-urban teenager was like in the 1970's.

This show was funny because it brought to audiences, an on screen dipiction of every problem possible for an american family and their friends, blew it up, and served it to you with laughter. It can't be said that this show is like other sit-coms of the era though. It had just the right amount of raciness to keep me watching. Probably not ok for anyone under 4, but entertaing until 20. It reached and connected with a a large audience. The alcohol, cross-dressing, perversion, pot-smoking and sex resonates with a disturbing number of people, myself included. It gives us a new, unflattering, yet very funny view of what life in the 70's was like. Personally makes me regret that I wasnt born yet.
  • It's so hilarious. One of the funniest shows ever.

Eric's stupid mistakes, Kelso and Fez's retard and perverted actions, Hyde's mischievousness (which is a word by the way I didn't know that), Red's reaction to their dumb mistakes, Kitty's drinking and somewhat bipolar actions, and the hot Jackie and Donna, this show is so hilarious. I can not get enough of that. And of course Red's foot in you know where jokes. I love this show. The on and off relationships of Jackie and Kelso, Jackie and Hyde, Eric and Donna, are sad but sometimes can be somewhat funny. Especially when they make fun of each other about it. This show takes place in the past yet to me ahead of its time.
  • Great show!!!!! need I say more? they should never of ended it.

This show is one of my favorites! I cannot believe it would end so soon. even though it did last a long time it should still be going. It's got all the comidy you could ever want in a show! it's just plain halarious! the life of this show was cut short and was waaaaaay too funny for itself!!!! the love of this show is amazing. I would love to see it come back if they could do that. a great show for teens! All the actors are forever funny and great! it will leave you completly addicted to the show!
  • this is the best show ever why dont they have new episodes stupid network

this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show ever this is the best show everthis is the best show ever
  • Lets leave this short and to the point.

T h a t 7 0 ' s s h o w i s j u s t a b o u t e v e r y t h i n g w e l o v e a b o u t t e l e v i s i o n . E x t r e m e l y F u n n y , A n d J u s t P l a i n R a n d o m B u l l s h i t . This show is excellent, and yes, i need my daily fix.
  • That 70's show is about teenagers in the 70s who smoke pot, steal, spy, fall of a water tower, drink, and all kinds of other mischief they get themselves into.

Every single character and every single episode is hysterical in my opinion. This show is brilliant. All the characters are basically total opposites and they don't discriminate against anyone, they have all types of people. There really is no way that you could hate anyone part of the gang besides season eight characters. Anyway, I am a little disappointed by season eight, the show wasn't as funny without Eric and Michael and the new characters were annoying, but still the show was very funny. This show is amazing and totally original. Anyone who was born in the 70s or not will love this absolutely fabulous show!
  • It's like, one of my favorite shows.... until season eight happened and tore it all down.

Obviously, I'm a bit biased, because I'm possibly one of the biggest Jackie/Hyde fans out there, but still. They made that entire story line very contrived and pathetic by adding Sam in. Even with the end of season seven, they could have made a better ending with some closure.

Not only that, but with Eric and Kelso gone, a lot of the humor and charm disappeared. I'm probably the only person on the face of the Earth that actually liked Randy, but he was obly a substitution and nothing more.

Overall, it was a fantastic show, but the last season is probably the worst final season I've seen on any show ever.
  • Before my time is right

Before my time is right-its very right. Set in the 1970s, that '70s show brings up the differences, AND, the harder to spot similiarities.
    Sure, the clothes songs and several of the effects are pre-historic, as are the hairstyles and habits, but that does NOT make it any less funny.
    After all, we're just the upgraded, beefed up version of them.
    Anyway, I can draw about a million reasons as to why i relate to these show, but of the more prominent similarities would be the conversations... but maybe thats not something to be proud of.
    Of the best episodes are the flashback ones, as you gwt to look back on the series so far, and/or they're younger versions.
    Thats all for now, see ya!
  • one of the best shows ever

This show is my favirote i watch it all the time. I have most of the seasons on DVD and im plaining to get more.One of my faviote parts of the show is the 360 scenes.The characters in the show are all awsome i love them all they probbly are the best characters on Tv in my opinion.The humor is awsome in this show the jokes are hilarious.Even when i watch a rerun i cant help but laugh at the jokes ive alredy herd.Without a doubt this show will go down in history as a classic.This show is awsome i love it!
  • Throughout the years in the 70's Donna, Jackie, Fez, Hyde, Michael, and Eric are placed in Teenage situations that grow into adult tasks as they learn their way of life and as the decade ends.

That 70's show has always been a favorite of mine; ever since my sister got the dvd third season. From then on I would buy every season out.

Ever wonder why it took so long for the 6th season dvd to come out and not the others? Due to a change in manufacture The company decided to change the size in the dvd package. making it smaller with only 2 cases that hold 4 disks. It's to help the environment and save trees.

Some Things were never told in the end. I thought it was weird that Jackie had gotten to the point of marrying both Michael and Hyde. Its also sad that Michael's (The first to date Jackie)'s relationship never came back up after the 4th season.

In the end, almost everything was explained with Donna and Eric sitting on the hood of the car.
    Carsey Werner said that they could have aimed for 9 seasons but I suppose they didn't because ratings might have dropped if Eric was not in that season as well.

So, it feels like another series has ended just like the 70's has faded away...

Hyde: "Hey, did you guys ever heard about that car that runs on water? It's got a fiber glass air-cooled engine and it runs on water, man!

Michael: "It's like we never run out of things to talk about down here."

Jackie: "We knew you burn-outs would be down here."

Donna: "You guys it's almost midnight and Mrs. Forman is pouring the Champagne."

Eric: "Hey you guys, last one up stairs... Has to call Red a dumbass!"
    ..........
    Michael: "Aww Man.."

"10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1." Screen fades out.
  • Teenagers and their hormones......

I guess its a good show. It has a lot of funny moments, but sometimes it can be annoying! Especially Ashton!! OH, man..that guy is too much stupid in that show! But, besides him it's OK. I had a lot of laugh, to be honest! But, the show wasn't the same after the main character went. The one thing that i truly liked was the intro, hahah... Oh, and the hottest of them all was that latino boy :)) Not so much at the beginning but later, he was soo damn hot! Yeah, i am recommending this show, its nice when u get used to it:D
  • That 70s Show is way funny.

On that 70s Show there are 8 complete seasons and 204 episodes.

The cast of the show includes:

Topher Grace as Eric Forman
    Mila Kunis as Jackie Beulah Burckhart
    Kurtwood Smith as Red Forman
    Debra Jo Rupp as Kitty Forman
    Don Stark as Bob Pinciotti

These are the other cast that aren't shown a lot in the show:

Tanya Roberts as Midge Pinciotti(Season 1-3)
    Lisa Robin Kelly as Laurie Forman (Season 2-3)
    Tommy Chong as Leo (Season 4 & 8)

The writers of the show are : Dean Batali, Rob Des Hotel, Philip Stark, Eric Gilliland, Joshua Sternin, Jeffrey Ventimilia, Bonnie Turner, Terry Turner, John Schwab, Linda Wallem, Gregg Mettler, Jeff Filgo, Jackie Behan, Mark Brazill, Dave Schiff, Mark Hudis, Arthur F. Montmorency, Marc Hudis, Bob DesHotel, Chris Peterson, Jackie Filgo, Jack Filgo, Kristin Newman, Bryan Moore, Sarah McLaughlin, Will Forte, Garry Bormet, Allan Dybner, Patrick Kienlen, Alan Dybner, Bryon Moore, Jennifer Keene.

The directors of the show are:

Terry Hughes, David Trainer, Brad Lachman.

The executive producers of the show are:

Marcy Carsey, Mark Brazill, Terry Turner, Bonnie Turner, Tom Werner, Caryn Mandabach.

The creators of the show are:

Bonnie Turner, Terry Turner, Mark Brazill.
  • In a world full of lackluster sitcoms, That '70s show stuck out as a fine example of teen comedy. my fave sitcom of all time, no other show makes me laugh this much! except maybe scrubs...sometimes

This show was amazing. i still watch it almost every day on FX. i mean its a daily fix. this show was so funny and so entertaining. not that many shows are good at displaying what its really like to be young, and even though the show was based on a different generation, it was still relevant which is really incredible. the jokes were timeless and the show deserved its 8 seasons. i wish it could go on forever honestly (that 00's show reunion!) nah that would never happen but it would kick @$$. for all of you who hate on this show, get over it cuz it is a classic
  • A show that never gets old no matter how many times you watch it.

A lot of people will continuously watch Friends repeats on television when there is nothing else on but personally I enjoy this more. The thing is that although in later series the show deteriorated slightly as the actors (and therefore characters) became older and more confident it still remained very funny. The most consistently great seasons are 1-3 and these are what get endlessly repeated on numerous Sky tv channels thankfully.

It's about teenagers and their families growing up in the mid to late 70s. In the middle of everything is the ups and downs of the relationship between Donna and Eric and this provides a nice framework and contrast to all the other relationships on the show (Eric's parents Red and Kitty, Donna's parents Bob and Midge, Jackie and Kelso later Jackie and Hyde). The character's all have different personalities as well and their interaction is the cement of the show. That and fantastically written humour.

The only person I haven't really mentioned yet is Fez (the foreign exchange student). He always gets the best lines and is the odd one out in the show - his innocence is just hilarious. It's an audience filmed show so it has an energy and there are literally times when you can see the actors stopping themselves from laughing. Because they are having fun you tend to feel that energy yourself as well. So Highly recommended and only scored down slightly because of some misteps in later seasons.

Watch it!
  • fun loving friends that want to have fun!!!!!!

i think that this show is so awsome i can never get tired of watchung this show!!!!!! i love all the early stuff but i mean when they let go of formen i think that it kind of got a little blah. what i mean is that i think that the writers were trying to hard to replace formen's character with fezz. i just think that the entire show was a lot better with formen on it, with the original gang on it, as apposed to just adding characters to replace anyine on the show you know like formen's character. but all in all i think that it is one of my favorite shows of all time.
  • funny stuff

7.3
    It's a hilarious show that i would definately reccomend watching! has anyone seen the episode when that guys at the phone waiting for his girl friend to call saying she's had the baby, thast a funny episode! Yet again this is another great show for the family! It's a cool TV show name, yet simple, i like it! I dont know who my favourite character is i think there all pretty funny, the boys are pretty stupid yet funny! If you watch the show what do you think about it? If you could make any changes to it what would you change about it? It's a tough question because the show is fantastic and doesnt really need much changes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10